Home

Postlude to Holocaust VI: Strangers - Part 2

Redwing

Lounge

*Idun, stands and walks over to Elaina*

Idun *quietly*: Elaina, be mindful of the actions of others. If there was any type of danger, Vidar, Heimdall, and Ragnar would not be relaxing here in the lounge. For now relax and enjoy the show, You'll be going back to your training with Idona soon.

Heimdall *to Marin*: There is little to like, We very well likely just added a new enemy to our list. All we can do is prepare as best we can, speaking of which, Svafa is pleased with the progress your making.

------------

Cargo Bay

*Idona and Viddall take up flanking postions behind Svafa but leave their swords sheathed for the time being.*

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Elaina nodded, smiled and relaxed completely. Armed with this new information, she was convinced there was nothing to worry about. The sisters' eyes were locked on one of the windows. Thoughtfully, Tanara addressed the ship.

"Asgardried," she said, "I'm curious. How often do you get the urge to do things most people consider utterly impossible, but should have no concerns in doing while inside you?"

Elaina laughed and shook her head. "Good question."

Lounge

Asgardried: Often.

Vidar: The ship sustained damage during the rescue, so its repairing itself, otherwise we would not be flying through a star.

------------------------

Exterior

Just before the Asgardried breaches the Star's core, the hull takes on a translucent quality. The swirls of gases can been seen now directly through the hull, with pulses of light. The the asgardried is past the core and the translucents fades.

((OOS: I'm officially making Matt unconscious for the time being since I dunno WHEN JM is gonna show up again. :p))

Cargo Bay

*Guy exits his ship, walking slowly towards the group*

K'Warra: So, introductions all around. *indicating the Aesir* Here we have Ancient Warriors Numbers One through Three. I don't know their names, but it doesn't matter, since they don't like talking to strangers anyway. Next we have Gortick and Ellela, the sentimental amateur Jedi you can thank for saving you. The sleeping man is Matt and the blind man you see limping towards you is Jonathan the White Hat. Or as he likes to be called on weekdays, "Guy". You two, if I'm not mistaken, are named Jeramine and Kiri, and I could've sworn we've met before. *He taps his chin* Isn't it about now that the two prisoners give their captors a reason to let them live?

Jeramine: *baring her teeth* I don't care what you want to do with me. But I'll kill you before I let you touch my sister.

K'Warra: Surely you're not trying to make me laugh.

Lounge

Vidar: Both actually. Stars are very nice safe havens.

-----------------------

Cargo Hold

Svafa: If they know something then they had best tell us now if they want any chance of avoiding execution. In fact I think since K'Warra has such a nice friendship with them and knows them so well he should have the honor of extracting such information as he sees fit. If they die in the process I'm sure we can all forgive K'Warra.

Cargo Hold

K'Warra: I have to admit, I have a few questions I've waited a long time to ask. Happens when you're kept in a cage for months on end being moved from place to place with no one telling you what position on the game board you're in. So, what's the big secret, Jeramine? What's this mess all about?

Jeremaine: ...Are you serious? *Her eyes flick over the others in the room; Guy, Orthos, Ellela, Gortick, Svafa, Viddall, and Idona in turn* They haven't told you?

*After nobody says anything*

K'Warra: Haven't told me what?

Jeramine: The idiot quest these people are following.

K'Warra: I don't think they needed to tell me that. I figured it out nicely on my own. *looking at the others, still silent* Though they never bothered to tell me for what.

Jeramine: *speaking quickly* A weapon. Something that can destroy anything, everything - grants power over life and death. That's why we needed you and the reality shifter - in case they got there first. They won't tell you anything? I will. Only protect my sister from them. I swear it on the fire of the Underland.

----------

Lounge

Marin: That's encouraging. Thank you. *She is silent for a minute* You know, I never would've pictured me as a sword-swinging fighter. I guess desparate times... and all that.

((For Admiral, because he complained about Drago not being scary enough.))

Tarsis, the Renari Mountains, Tavada Gap.

*The pass between the two mountains was over a mile and a hald wide. 5,000 spearmen in mail shirts stood shoulder to shoulder in five ranks, their shields locked together, spears down. Behind them stood 3,000 longbowmen, each with 30 shafts driven into the ground in front of them. The right flank of the formation was hard up against the mountain side, on the left flank stood two hundred swordsmen, in mail shirts and helm with mail veils, each weilding a two handed sword with a four-foot blade.

Between the infantry and the left side of the pass, 400 cavalrymen in heavy mail-and-scale armour, behind then 90 horse archers in leather breastplates. In the centre of the formation sat 12 men on huge warhorses, each wearing full face helms, scale shirts, greeves, bracers and green cloaks. In their centre sat a man in black armour, his cloak the colour of dried blood, engraved on his helm were two serpents-dragons, wings spread, caught the act of breathing fire down on theirs victims.

A young leutenant turned to the black garbed General.*

Leutenant: Lord, we cannot hold them. Our scouts say there are at least 15,000 spearmen and 2,000 cavalry.

Drago: In four hours Ironwall will be here with 12,000 spears and 6,000 archers, we must hold till then.

Leutenant: We won't hold. two hours lord, let alone four.

Drago: We'll hold, we have no choice.

*The ground infront of the Agamari army was covered in long grass, and slopped away gently to the plain below. In the distance the enemy were beggining to mass.

((BD: Um, no. I don't recall ever complaining the Drago wasn't scary, nor do I really care...))

Asgardried: Cargo Hold

Svafa: He never asked...

-------------------------

Lounge

Heimdall: Rarely do we picture ourselves as what we are going to be.

Asgardried: True very true, never imagined I would have a wedding inside me.

Heimdall:What did you imagine yourself as?

------------------------

Exterior

*As the asgardried leaves the star's core its hull returns to its normal state. The ship rocks gently as hit hits more turbulance on the way out. Finally it leaves the star, the hull still glowing blue, with red runes along it, and what appeared as drakes racing along the outside. This all quickly fades as the ship moves away from the star.*

((OOS: Admiral, just an FYI: He did ask. :p [True, he never asked Svafa, but still]

BD: I'm not sure anyone ever complained about Drago not being scary...))

*Jeramine's eyes flicker*

K'Warra: Why would I ask, when I can find out in a way as amusing as this?

Guy: We aren't going to kill you, or your sister, unless you try to attack us. *to Svafa* Once I retrieve my ship, I can separate from you again and keep these two prisoner aboard it. It's possible they can be of use retrieving Aidan.

----------

Lounge

Marin: A diplomat. My father was one of the greatest our nation had... and I always planned to, well, follow in his footsteps.

((BD: Again, never complained and I don't care if Drago is a great military commander, or a drunken barbarian. The Aesir see Drago as little more then a drunk, and that probably will not be changing.))

Svafa: They have already attacked us Guy. There only hope is to tell us everything they know right now or they will be killed. I am also very content in allowing K'Warra his choice in how slow and painful their death should be.

*To Jeramine* You have as of now ten seconds to begin to talk. You may begin with who are your masters, why they are attacking us, and what were their plans with the ones they captured.

K'Warra can determine your punishments if we do not believe you are being honest with us.

---------------------------------

Lounge

Heimdall: I see. Svafa is having you concentrate on the marshal aspects of being a swordswoman, which are more important to your survival. However, there is more to being an Aesiran swordsman or woman then just fighting. One must not just know how to use a sword, but when and when talking is better than fighting.

If you still want to be a diplomat don't give up, just because you know how to fight.

((No, you haven't hit a nerve. Just telling you I never complained. Its not my place to complain about how your character is as long as he isn't violating something or something doesn't fit. *IE suddenly he becomes a god*.

If your going to the trouble of showing me Drago is a great commander or what have you. Thats fine, but if your trying to do so my opinion of Drago changes well my opinion doesn't matter. Keep in mind that while the Aesir are my creation, they are not me. So where I may think one thing the Aesir by their nature may think another.

Why are you so interested in having the Aesir on Tarsis?))

((Oh, okay, its just sometimes your post seem a little abrupt, mind you you can probably say the same about me. I'm not going to any trouble, I wanted to show this for a while, I just needed an excuse. As to having the Aesir on Tarsis, aside from everyone hating their guts and wanting to kill them, there's more than one reason for this, they're going to get a bit of a shock.))

((Oh, I'm faily confident this one will shock someone, if it doesn't shock the Aesir it'll definately give Admiral a bit of a jump. ;) ))

*The Enemy army begin to advance up the pass, 12,000 orcish infantry, man-beasts seven feet tall in chainmail with shields and axes, behind them came 3,000 crossbow armed orks, also armoured. Behind these came two thousand black garbed hell riders with lances. As the enemy aproached the Agamari checked bow strings, eased swords, and lifted shields.

The twelve houseguards in the centre with Drago shifted in their saddles, and strung their recurve bows.*

Drago: *Adressing the troops.* Men! Today the enemy is at our gates, beyond this pass lie our heartlands, beyond this pass lie your women and your children. If we fail today then your sons will die and your wives and daughters will be raped be the monsters you see before you.

Hold the line, for four hours. Spearmen, hold your ground, be our wall. Archers, mark your targets and slay them with the rath of Donar! Horsemen, let your charge be such that the very earth shakes!

Let no man die save on his feet with his weapon in his hand and his wounds in the front and may the great god Tyr send us to the halls of the Holy Dead!

*Drago's speech is greated with a chear, and then the Agamari begin to sing. As the enemy advance continues the singing rises and falls, now a battle song, now the melancholy lay of dead heros.*

((Darnit BD, why did you have to use "ork"? I used the misspelling specifically because I figured eventually someone would introduce the stereotypical 100% evil orcs, and I wanted to keep them separate... :p))

Jeramine: You think I don't know that you know this already? I have no masters. My sister and I were hired by Syndicate agents. We were to obtain one or more of you for a magic-extraction ritual, so some other idiots could duplicate your quest. Also, some of the Shadows wanted to kill him *pointing at Guy* but that wasn't in my contract.

----------

Lounge

Marin: Why do you say that? I have no nation, no home anymore. My future, if it goes as planned, will be to erase all this once we get the Time Matrix. If it goes wrong I'll be dead. I could entertain old dreams, but it wouldn't change anything.

((BD: Hate to inform you I tend not to be shocked by text. Now if say you somehow managed to suck me into the computer and land me into PTH, then yes I will be shocked. That aside I doubt it))

Svafa: Do you know why the shadows want to kill him and why don't you pretend I don't know anything and tell me everything they told you.

------------------------

Lounge

Heimdall: You do have a home Marin, among us and this ship. As far as why I say that, I have lived a very long time and been through a number of prophecies, the end results are not always what you expect them to be. Besides that, we have twenty odd years left to finish the quest. At some point in that time we may very well need to use diplomacy to achieve our objective.

There is another possiblity, what if after we reset everything we retain our memories of what happens. Similar things happened when my father died before.

Jeramine: *in a disgusted tone* They want to kill him because his brother and sister are Shadows and they feel he betrayed the family, not to mention he was very trusted as Shadows go and has dangerous information. Why do you expect that I know everything? I'm a sellsword. I took this job because the Syndicate outbid everyone else. *looking around at everyone in the room, trying to read their faces* You want me to lead you to where they took the slave? Fine, I don't care. My contract is obviously up.

-----------

Lounge

Marin: Your father died before?

Svafa: And how could we trust you to keep your word?

-----------------

Lounge

Heimdall: Yes, a very long time ago when he was young, he was dead for a little over seven days.

Vidar: Nine actually, a scarfice of himself to himself in a manner of speaking.

Archived