Home

Postlude to Holocaust VI: Strangers - Part 2

Redwing

"About the same time with the advantage of looks?" Elaina said thoughtfully. "What do I have to compromise for a better looking one?"

"Or perhaps you could wait and make your own," Tanara laughed. "It would ensure getting the look of saber you want."

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Asgardried Corridor

Asgardried: A little dignity by asking a ship to make it for you. I also can do it in any color you want.

Oh I should warn you that Idun going to toss Kira's blade away. The Aesir don't like Sith weapons and she won't let you use that tainted saber.

Asgardried Cargo Hold

K'Warra: A machine with a god complex. That's funny. But calling me naughty? Well. I certainly haven't done anything there was a reason not to do. What more can you ask of a person?

*The inner bay door opens and Guy enters*

Guy: K'Warra. What are you doing?

K'Warra: Just asking the interesting AI construct that inhabits this ship for some coffee. I haven't had any in months. Actually, I haven't had any real food in months. Those mercernaries were afraid to do anything but knock me out every 36 hours and feed nutrients directly into my system.

Asgardried Cargo Hold

K'Warra: Of course not. By the way, Jonathan, your security system was pretty entertaining.

Guy: I didn't program it to keep you in.

K'Warra: Really? Darn. All those... two minutes of wasted effort. So what have you decided?

Guy: What are you talking about?

K'Warra: You're either planning to throw me off this ship, or you're planning to accept my offer to help you find your friends.

Guy: That was an offer?

K'Warra: Don't be tiresome.

Guy: Yes, K'Warra, I am accepting your offer. However I can't agree to any terms or conditions you might require before hearing about them in advance.

K'Warra: Who said anything about terms or conditions? I mean, I suppose I could think of some, but as I recall I only asked you if you wanted help finding your friends. I didn't say I wanted anything in return.

Guy: Why would you want to help me find my friends?

K'Warra: Think about it, Seer. Have I got anything more interesting to do?

----------

Asgardried Corridors

*Marin heads, alone, towards the armory*

((OOS: Deac, where is Orthos? Also, IS anyone else in the lounge? Besides Chere and Cody that is :)))

Asgardried Cargo Hold

Asgardried: You could always try to become a famous galatic singer instead, or maybe you could be a famous escape artist dazzling trill..bill..the few remaining people left.

-----------------------

Asgardried Heimdall's Quarters

Asgardried: The other two former captives are in the lounge by themselves. Can I play with them?

Heimdall: No. Have Viddall show them to quarters etc.

Asgardried: I get to have no fun.

-------------------------

Asgardried Main Lounge

*A moment later Viddall steps off a turbolift into the lounge and walks over to Chere and Cody.*

Viddall: Hello, if you two will follow me I will show you to your quarters.

Asgardried Cargo Hold

K'Warra: No, neither of those would require any effort. Plus, they sound pretty boring.

Guy: *sighs* What do you know?

K'Warra: Your friends are still in this dimension. Possibly even in this galaxy, although I doubt it.

Guy: And how do you know this?

K'Warra: I guarantee you they won't try bringing them out of this dimension.

Guy: ...Why?

K'Warra: Haven't tried doing that recently, now have you?

Guy: No, I haven't. Why? What do you know?

K'Warra: Oh no, I shouldn't tell you. I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise.

----------

Asgardried Lounge

Chere: Who are you?

Asgardried Corridor

Asgardried: Great. What color do you want the blade?

"I hadn't thought of that," Elaina said thoughtfully. "Something like a mixture of blue and green, I think."

Tanara laughed. "Cyan? Teal?" She didn't wait for an answer before saying, "Oh, and Asgardried? I think you need to work on your concentration. You told Elaina that you might make her a lightsaber if she asked nicely. After a little conversation, she accepted the offer... no asking, just accepting an offer I'm not sure you'd entirely made." She shrugged. "Just a suggestion."

Asgardried Corridor

Asgardried: I was trying to be nice to your sister, especially since she isn't use to talking to a ship.

Asgardried Heimdall's Quarters

Asgardried: Heimdall, Elaina would like to you make her a lightsaber with a blueish green blade.

Heimdall: Ok, why didn't she just ask me.

Asgardried: She thinks you look scary, so she asked me to ask you to build her a lightsaber.

Heimdall: I see, tell her it will be ready in about 5 hours.

Asgardried: Ok.

---------------------------------

Asgardried Corridor

Asgardried: I estimate it will take five hours for me to make you this lightsaber.

((:D))

((Oh, that sneaky little Asgardried! :p ))

Asgardried Corridor

"Thank you," Elaina said happily. "Now, perhaps I can save Idun the trouble and get rid of this Sith weapon myself."

"I imagine the Aesir have their own special way of doing it," Tanara said thoughtfully. "But I suppose you could ask them where a good place to melt it down would be."

"How about getting used to talking to the ship?" Elaina suggested. "Asgardried, where could I destroy this thing?"

((I'm back. Sorry, I was in Wales, they don't have electricity, just lots of Castles :) ))

Hal remained bowed as the warriors on the dais each removed their helmets. Last to remove his helm was the king, he was around fifty years of age with dark blond hair and clear blue eyes, his features aquiline. Finally, after what seemed an age, the man spoke, "Rise, nethew, you are among friends."

Hal rose and removed his own helm, he took a deep breath and realised his uncle Jammes was smiling. Hal bowed his head again, "Am I to be judged, Uncle?" he asked.

Jammes' smile faded, "Yes you are. Halren Taklinsson, you stand accussed of selling your people into slavery, through your Marshal, Tarnac Dralsson, otherwise known as the Drago, the Dragon. How do you plead?"

"Guilty."

The King's expression remained blank but his eyes flickered. "You understand the penalty for such a crime as this?"

Hal stood, back straight, and nodded once, "I do."

Jammes managed to keep his face blank as he pronounced sentence, "The penalty for the betraying of one's people under the old law is death by flogging," he paused. "However, I am now the King and I make the law. I understand the difficulties of the whole bloody buisness. First, the Drago had no choice, as he saw it. Second, that he acted on his own initiative, with no instructions from you. As such we here have decided that law or no, you can not be found responsible."

Hal let out a breath he had not realised he had been holding. He inclined his head, "I am in your dept, my King. How may I serve?"

"The Agori hold the woods to our south. They have been attacking our convoys from Tavara. Our efforts here are being hampered by the disruption. You will take a Cavalry detachment, one Ala of Houseguards, one of Landsmen and one of Merchantmen, then you will root out the Hell Riders and destroy them." When he had finished Jammes leaned back and turned to the huge Callidonian to his left.

The warrior leaned foward as he spoke and fixed Hal with his ice blue gaze, "If the Agori are not removed then the enemy will be in a position to siege the Tol in four six weeks. At that point Tavara and Seconia will be cut off from the main garrison. You have twelve hours to prepare, do not fail, Fire Blade."

Hal bowed to the assembled lords, "It shall be as you say, and when I return?"

"Then you shall be accorded your place among us, Lord of the Aduni. You are dismissed." So saying Jammes Windrider replaced his helm, then, one by one the lords of the Wise Council did the same. Jammes watched his nethew replace his own helm then turn on his heel and stride from the hall. Only then did Jammes relax. He loved the young man but he was still too willful, he had his mother's temper and his father's conviction; it might still prove to be a combination fatal for Halren and anyone caught up with him. Jammes had half expected Hal to call for trial by combat. Jammes still remebered the frightening spectical of Hal surounded by Beserkers, cutting and slashing with a speed and ferocity that outmatched his battlemad opponents. He had been eighteen then, now he was twenty three and would nearly have matched his father for skill. Even Jammes' best Paladin would have been hard pressed to defeat him. No, Trial by combat could only have ended with at least one warrior mortally wounded, if not both.

Jammes had no doubt of his nethew's abilities as a warrior, but he needed Hal to be more, he needed him to be a warlord.

((GODDAMMIT, I GO AWAY FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS, YOU GUYS CHANGE THE DESIGN AND POST THREE *** PAGES I HAD TO READ IN ONE NIGHT!

On the other hand, like the ship, Admiral. Reminds me of Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy))

Matt: See, the thing is, even though you may not have done the kidnapping yourself. You did know about it, and you didn't do anything to stop it in the first place. And you've got enough resources to do it, it's not like you'd be risking doing something impossible. You stood by and did nothing. You consented to it.

*Meanwhile he got an idea. He collected his entire will and force-power, and used it to send a message through the force to four people: Sir-vin, Hal, Tanara and Elaina. the message consisted of a description of their situation, and telling them to tell guy and ask him what to do, and wether they can trust Aren*

((Up to you wether this works RW, I just ask you to remember this is him using every bit of strength and energy he has.))

((OOS: JM, I don't have a problem with the idea of your post... but it violates alot of SW canon... Jedi don't seem to be able to communicate more than emotions via the Force. And that's a REALLY REALLY detailed message :x))

Asgardried Cargo Hold

Guy: So do you actually know where they are?

K'Warra: No. But it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

----------

Asgardried Lounge

Chere: Our quarters? Well, that sounds kind of creepy... so no, strange man, I would not like to go see "our quarters" with you.

----------

Shadow Base

Aren: I don't think you understand. Of course we knew about your kidnapping. That was before I had any kind of story about you except what your capturers told us. You must understand we operate in a universe without any just law and order in effect. There's no government overseeing the multiverse! We have to be a law unto ourselves. If you are magic thieves, then we were correct to support the retrieval of what is essentially stolen goods. We aren't guilty of any intentional wrongdoing.

Asgardried Lounge

Viddall: Then where do you plan on sleeping? You will not sleep in this lounge, nor In Marin's quarters. When I finish showing you your quarters I'll also show you the kitchen where the ship can cook you food if need be. The only other area you have access to is the cargo hold and I can show you that as well.

Asgardried Lounge

Chere: Oh, no, I don't think so. I think I'll wait for Marin, right here. At least I know she wouldn't leave us in a place we couldn't defend ourselves in. I'm not interested in meeting whatever supernatural creature you might be keeping back there that's hungry for girl-flavored doggy biscuits.

Archived