Home

Postlude to Holocaust VI: Strangers - Part 2

Redwing

Asgardried Lounge

*Viddall gave a short laugh and pointed behind chere to weapon emplacements that the ship lowered again*

Viddall: Those my dear are just a few of the inner defenses of this ship. If we meant you harm there is little you could do to prevent it. Isn't that right?

Asgardried: Yup, no place to run on hide in me. Except for that room up the corridor next to the bridge. I can't see there.

Viddall: That is enough.

Asgardried: You sure? Can't I have some fun?

Viddall: No, I don't want to scare them just to make a point.

Asgardried: Ok...

*The weapon emplacements rise*

Viddall: Marin will be occupied with training for a very long time now, and I doubt when she is finished she will have enough energy to show you around, besides she doesn't assign quarters I do.

*Gerd walks into the lounge waving at Viddall and heads into the kitchen. And comes out with a piece of Fruit*

Gerd: What are you up to Viddall?

Viddall: Trying to show these to their rooms so they can go to sleep if they want to.

Gerd: Oh.

Viddall: Gerd meet Chere, and Coddy. Chere, Cody this is Gerd.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Asgardried Lounge

Cody: Hi, Gerd. *He gives a tentative smile*

Chere: You don't scare me. Y'know those Shadow people only caught me after K'Warra beat the **** out of me. Don't you dare think I'm a pushover.

*She looks hard at Gerd*

Chere: What did you do to her eyes?! This is some freaky magic thing, isn't it. *She tenses her body and clenches her fists* I'm not going anywhere with you.

Asgardried Corridor

"I don't suppose it really matters how it's taken care of so long as I don't have to use it," Elaina said thoughtfully.

((Out of curiosity, where are Tanara and Elaina supposed to be going? The Cargo Hold, you said. Isn't that where the whole thing with K'Warra is taking place right now? If so, I think I should probably be patient until that situation is taken care of, wouldn't you say? :) )

((The Cargo Hold is rather large (Guy's entire ship did fit at one time). Also Tanara and Elaina don't know about Guy and K'warra being there so they don't really have a reason to not go in))

Asgardried Lounge

*Gerd gave Cody a slight smile when he smiled, but when Chere spoke the smile disappeared.*

Gerd: What is wrong with my eyes?

Viddall: There is nothing wrong with them.

*Gerd takes a bite of her fruit and looks back and forth from Chere to Viddall as she chewed her food and eventually swallowed*

Gerd: You going to help me with spear tonight right?

Viddall: Perhaps, it depends on these two. Until they are shown their quarters I'm going to have to wait right here.

Gerd: Oh, *Gerd turns to look at Chere*

Gerd: Why don't you want to you want to see your rooms?

*The turbolift doors open and Idun steps out carrying a spear and a round shield. She walks past Viddalll she gave all them a brief nod before leaving the lounge and going into the corridor*

Asgardried: Maybe she is loney and doesn't want to be left alone, but I'm there. Maybe she doesn't want to be around me? That is a little hard since I'm everywhere. Maybe she wants to sleep outside?

------------------------------------

Asgardried Corridor

Asgardried *Ignoring Eliana*: Or you could try eating it, I hear lightsaber goes good with red wine or mead. The Aesir rather like their mead, drink it like it was water, actually they drink it more then water. Oh, you could take it apart and make little gifts for everyone. The central crystal may look like nice on a necklace.

Asgardried Corridor

"I suppose a ship wouldn't think twice about eating something made of metal and other elements considered inedible by the majority of living creatures," Elaina laughed. "As for me, I'm not entirely sure it sounds entirely appetizing. As for the crystal making a necklace, I think I'll avoid that... Kira's lightsaber crystal is synthesized and is therefore influenced by the Dark Side."

"Here's the Cargo Hold," Tanara said, slowing her pace as they approached a door. "Shouldn't we go in?"

"Why not?" Elaina shrugged. The sisters entered together.

((RW: After the stuff you guys have done, I'm not really worried about violating canon. Plus I'm going to make it as though sending a specific message is really tiring, to the point of knocking him out

WJ *COUGH*

*Meanwhile he got an idea. He collected his entire will and force-power, and used it to send a message through the force to four people: Sir-vin, Hal, Tanara and Elaina. the message consisted of a description of their situation, and telling them to tell guy and ask him what to do, and wether they can trust Aren*

*Cough*))

*Matt said nothing, he had been exhausted from sending the signal out. Being specific required a suprising amount of strength, and he felt sure that at any moment he might collapse. Suprisingly that moment came sooner rather than later. He fell backwards*

((OOS: JM - actually, we don't violate canon, with very few exceptions (and those exceptions are almost all EU plot details, like the Vong having infiltrated everything, etc.). That is a major sticking point. XD

I don't have a problem with Matt being able to do that as a special ability (since he isn't that great at anything else :D), but there's no way in heck anyone is going to be able to send a specific reply back, because THEY wouldn't have that power... since it's not a canonical thing that Jedi can do... at least, not untrained. :)

DEAC! ARE YOU GOING TO HAVE ORTHOS AND ELLELA SAY ANYTHING OR NOT? XD))

Asgardried Lounge

Chere: Because I don't trust your knight in shining armor here. *to Viddall* And don't think having your girl here is fooling anyone. Lemme guess: she's another freak with crazy powers, like Cody and me? I know what happens to freaks like us if we don't watch out - we get captured and sold as Very Interesting conversation pieces or slaves or kinky sex toys. I just spent a year in and out of cages and I'm not going back in another one. *She stares hard at Gerd* Now, how would I know you're not all drugged up to be passive, or aren't wearing some mind control device under all that fancy armor...

----------

Asgardried Cargo Bay

K'Warra: Well, well. Looks like we have wanderers. Come to join the party, little lost humans?

((Ah, but in the movies we don't hear what they're thinking, they could be sending themselves the complete works of shakespeare and we wouldn't know. They never specifically say they can only send emotions. Plus they could reply using a simple yes/no system, with positive emotions and negative emotions, or send signals of distrust if they shouldn't trust her, and signals of trust if they should, etc. There are a lot of loopholes.))

Asgardried Cargo Bay

"Party?" Tanara wondered as she entered the room. "What party?"

"And as for being lost, you'd be wrong," Elaina added. "We were told to come here..."

Suddenly, Tanara flinched and glanced around. Elaina's face paled and she looked at her sister.

"Did you get that?" she asked softly. Tanara nodded. She stared at Guy for a moment before approaching him.

"I'm not sure how," she began, "but Matt has managed to use the Force to send a message."

She explained the situation as Matt had described it and then said, "Basically, he wants to know if there's something they can do and, more importantly in my opinion, can they trust this woman called Aren?"

((Happy, JM? :D ))

As Hal walked back out through the great oak doors the two Guildsmen snapped to attention. Outside the others were waiting, seeing him alive Allessa ran to him and hugged him fiercely. There were tears in her eyes when she spoke. "I thought they would take your head, when they sent you in alone I thought..." she trailed off and hugged him tighter, had it not been for his armour she might have crushed him.

Hal stroked her hair and tried to sound soothing even so he could not completely hide his own relief, "Hush, they have found me innocent. They will be no more trouble."

Daskus heard what was not said, innocent but not forgiven, he decided not the press the point. Doubtless the other nobles had a punitive task for his young lord. Besides, there were more important things to concern them now. Daskus cleared his throat, then spoke, "My Lord, General Tarnac departed some time ago. He said, "They'll either kill him or make him a Warlord. So I'll drink his health or his memory."

Hal released Allessa and stepped back, "How long ago was this?" Now free of Alless Hal finally remove his helmet, beneath his expression was already turning grim.

"About the same time you went in," replied the hunter, himself looking less than happy.

Hal cursed, then he turned to one of the other Houseguards, "Take the Lady Allessa to her rooms, Regnor and Daskus will come with me. When we return with the General Tarnac you will be given new orders, until then your time is your own; that said don't drink too much ale."

The man bowed "As you command."

Allessa stared daggers at Hal, "I am not some milk maid to be sent from place to place. I will go where I choose." Her look dared him to dissagree.

Hal nodded and smiled, "Of course, but first your should go to your room, and perhaps have a relaxing bath." Exicuting a courtly bow he turned on his heel without another word and walked from the antechamber and into the castle proper. Hal walked out into the inner courtyard, closely followed by Daskus and Regnor, they stopped once at the armoury to collect three stout quarterstaffs, then they walked through the gate to the Outer Ward and headed for the less reputable quarter of the city.

((My attempt at comedy is approaching, so be warned.))

((Oh god future boy is going to try comedy. Everyone run. ;)

One thing Future boy (I don't think I'll call you BD anymore, you can thank Red for that). What is Hal accussed of? If its about Drago's deal with the Aesir then how did they find out about that ahead of time? And the Drakes are coming very soon.))

Asgardried Lounge

Asgardried: Freak? That sounds like an insult, does this mean I can toss her off?

Viddall: No.

*Gerd looked at Chere for a moment then looked down*

Gerd *softly*: I was kept in a cell since I was born, beatened and tortured daily because of what I am. I only managed to escape in the comotion before the Holocaust. Then I almost starved to death but Luck would have it I found them before I died. They saved me from death.

*She then looked at Chere directly in the eye*

Gerd: I'm not his slave, he's my friend as are the other Aesir. They are all like parents to me, true parents who actually love you instead of hate you. I suppose I can't prove it to you though, even if I stripped everything off you would still think I was their slave. Thats to bad...remember they were also the ones to free you of your latest cage.

Viddall: What would convince you Chere that we are not slavers and I just want to show you were you are going to sleep, where you can find food, and where you can excersize? I mean if you refuse to believe that Gerd isn't a slave then what about Marin? She has been with us for over two years, if we are mind controling Gerd then we could be doing the same thing to her.

I ask again what do I need to show you that our intentions are honorable?

-----------------------------

Asgardried Cargo Hold

*Idun heard the last bit of Eliana's explanation as she entered the cargo hold*

Asgardried Lounge

Chere: That's funny. I didn't see this Viddall anywhere when I got rescued. That was all about the Shadow you have running around with you and his friend… what was he called, Heimdall? And Marin and Aidan…

Cody: I think we should believe them.

Chere: What? Why?

Cody: Why not?

Chere: Oh gee thanks, Cody, that’s really helpful. *She glares at Viddall, wheels turning in her mind apparent on her face*

----------

Asgardried Cargo Hold

Guy: Wait... Aren? Lily Aren? Strange...

((OOS: The above being written to deflect the need for an actual reply until I have more time, need sleep right now since I have to be up at 5 AM :D))

((Admiral, it was Tanara who spoke to Guy.))

Asgardried Cargo Bay

Tanara frowned. "So you've heard of her... that's obvious." She sighed. "I just realized something... though you may have the answer to Matt's questions, we really don't have a way of getting the answer back to him..."

"Do you mean to say that his message does him no good?" Elaina wondered. Tanara nodded thoughtfully. Elaina fell silent for a moment. Then, in a gesture that was completely random if viewed in context with the current conversation, she dropped Kira's lightsaber and kicked it savagely away.

"There!" she exclaimed. "I don't ever want to touch that thing again..." she glanced at Tanara, who was giving her a rather odd look and attempted to explain. "It's a Dark Side weapon... I just got tired of it... that's all."

"It was in your hand... it was your decision," Tanara answered, a small smile coming to her face. Elaina shrugged and glanced at Idun before turning to glare at the discarded lightsaber.

((I donno, is ppl waiting on me? *cough*Matt 'pageing' other people via force*cough*

well, one question, lets say matt has this ability, you'd think that maybe that even if he's such untrained, not that i want to ignore his character, but at his skill it seems like he's calling up those guys like The Force was a NextTel walky service :p))

((Ugh, how did I not post the part where I answered JM's objection out of story? I must've accidentally deleted it....

JM, it's established in EU canon that Luke and Leia have a special bond as twins. Thus they can transmit emotions. Matt has no such bond with anybody and indeed barely knows them, so there's no way they can reply to him. It's extremely doubtful they could even send him a glimmer of emotions... and also, he's totally untrained, like Scar pointed out.

Deac: I meant Gortick actually -.- and... are you actually reading my posts with Aren? :D

the last thing Elella said was:

Elella: Aren't you mean to have intelligence about us? Don't you already know. Sounds like this ritual is counting on something you do know...

to which Aren said:

*Aren sighs* Again, I told you, I didn't kidnap you. My people didn't kidnap you. Independently hired mercernaries kidnapped you, hired by a group of people that include your friend Guy's estranged family.

As for the ritual, it's counting on you having magic inside you that can be transferred. However the magic you've got inside you... well. It doesn't fit into any category we have. We have no record of anything like it. It's not in our systems. This is extraordinarily unusual. If it was solely up to me I wouldn't touch it. Too dangerous. But it's not up to me. My people won't even be peforming the ritual. We've only been hired to provide expensive, hard-to-get materials to perform it with. THEY know what this is all about; THEY are your enemies.

then, Matt:

Matt: See, the thing is, even though you may not have done the kidnapping yourself. You did know about it, and you didn't do anything to stop it in the first place. And you've got enough resources to do it, it's not like you'd be risking doing something impossible. You stood by and did nothing. You consented to it.

Then, Aren:

Aren: I don't think you understand. Of course we knew about your kidnapping. That was before I had any kind of story about you except what your capturers told us. You must understand we operate in a universe without any just law and order in effect. There's no government overseeing the multiverse! We have to be a law unto ourselves. If you are magic thieves, then we were correct to support the retrieval of what is essentially stolen goods. We aren't guilty of any intentional wrongdoing.

Now Elella still hasn't replied. She hasn't flatly refused to do anything. I'm still waiting on her. Gortick too. :p

P.S. Do try to remember that it was a different future in which Aren tried to sell extradimensional weapons to the Republic through Deac, and formed an assassin's guild. NOT this Aren.

In this timeline Aren has never before BEEN in this dimension. :)

I really should've used a different character here.. just so you all would allow your characters to be more objective... :p

JM: Yes but I keep running out of time to post with all these OOS's. :D))

((This is why there is a discussion thread... and I agree with Red))

Asgardried Heimdall's Quarters

*Heimdall and Idona spent a few more minutes talking before Heimdall stood and looked at her*

Heimdall: I better go build that lightsaber.

*Idona nodded and stood up with Heimdall. They left his quarters and headed towards the lounge turbolift. Heimdall hears Chere's latest comments to Viddall*

Asgardried Cargo Hold

*The lightsaber slid near Idun, who picked it up and dropped the discarded lightsaber into a trash receptical. Idun then walked over to Eliana*

Idun: First lesson today is to control your emotions. If you let your emotions control you, they may lead you to the darkside. As far as the Matt's message, if its accurate it can help Guy find Matt and the others that much sooner.

Now we can leave these two alone and being your training.

Asgardried Lounge

*Heimdall and Idona pause when they come across Viddall, Gerd, Chere, and Coddy. Idona is standing a little close to Heimdall then she has done in the past.*

Heimdall: I gave the order to free you, while Viddall monitored the situation in the ship. He can be considered my Vassal, and I ordered him to show assign both of you quarters. Now will you please go with him so Viddall can return to his other duties.

Gerd, you should get back to your studies. Viddall we will talk later.

Viddall: Yes Milord.

*Heimdall gave a brief nod to Chere and Coddy before he and Idona walked into the turbolift*

((Hope for the best, plan for the coming war :D

BTW Red, Admiral what is this "future boy" thing. Oh and technically its "Future Man." I'm registered to vote!))

Tol Dura, Red Lantern District.

The three men walked down the middle of the street. Each was fully armed and armoured, their arms declaring their wealth. No attempt at subtly, they walked with hoods back and cloaks open, these men had no fear. One group of thugs began to move towards the wealthy warriors, they outnumbered them four to one, but one look from the leader sent them sculking back into the shadows. There was profit to be had, save death.

As they strode down the street Regnor spoke, "I hope we aren't going to have to kill anyone," he said, with genuine concern, "After all, I've managed not to get any blood on my tunic yet."

Hal nodded grimly, "Yes, if I have to kill anyone else today I might start to get depressed." He paused then added, "Don't worry, I expect we'll just have to crack a few heads."

"Oh good" said the other warrior, the spring returning to his step.

The three men went looking for the seediest inn they could find. The theory being to start at the bottom and work their way up, very slowly. As he pushed open the door of the first "establishment" Hal groaned, "We're too late."

The Common Room was full of rough looking soldiers and scantily clad women in heavy makeup, sat at a table, sans armour, was Drago. One the table in front of him were three large uptuned ale jugs, with a fourth still right way up. As the three men entered they removed their helms and hung them on their dagger hilts, leaving their left sides clear.

Even as they moved into the room Drago rose on unsteady legs, pulled out three gold coins, slammed them on the desk, and shouted, "Alright, who wants a ride!"

[*Hits Self on behalf of Red*]

Elella: So...you're willing to completely renege on your contract? That doesn't seem very mercenary, which you have implied your self being several times now.

Gortick: Magic power? How the hell would you steal that?

Archived