Home

Postlude to Holocaust VI: Strangers - Part 2

Redwing

Asgardried: Tanara's Quaters

Asgardried: You asked me to make you a lightsaber. You never asked me how I was going to make that lightsaber for you. In this case I used Heimdall to make the lightsaber. He is the logical choice since he spent thousands of years to become one of the best weapons and armor smiths in the galaxy.

------------------

Asgardried Forward Observatory

*Idun walks in to find Idona and Heimdall stiting next to each other talking softly. Idun smiled.

Idun *thought*: Its about time those two came around, I wonder how it happened.

*Heimdall looked up at Idun as she walked in*

Heimdall: How is everything going?

Idun: Good, Idona I could use your help in honing their lightsaber skills.

Idona: Sure, I'll meet you in the cargo hold in five minutes.

Idun: Thank you.

*Idun left heading for the aft turbolift. A minute later Idona stood and gave Heimdall's hand a squeeze before turning to the bow turbolift. She had to stop off at her quarters to grab a few things before heading to the cargo hold*

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tanara's Quarters/Asgardried Main Corridor

Elaina laughed. "Nobody will ever accuse you of being stupid... at least not once they've experienced how... oh, what's the word... crafty... how crafty you are. But live and learn... Heimdall wants me to talk to him if he's going to make me anything, so that's what I'll be doing... but for now..." she held the larger of the two lightsabers in her right hand and looked at it. "For now, these will do."

"They are beautiful weapons," Tanara observed. "Heimdall is truly an artist."

The sisters continued to walk in silence to the Cargo Hold.

Idona's Quarters

*Idona entered her quarters and immediatly went to the cabinet and began to go through her few belongings before coming a wooden box decorated with very intricate knotework and at the center of the lid was the Valkyrie insignia. The interior of the box was lined in red velvet, and held a lightsaber Heimdall had given her when she became a Valkyrie Hunter. The Saber was designed similar to Eliana with knotwork running down the sides, a simple cross guard that was adorned with images of Drakes The pommel having the A triad with the Symbol of the Valkyrie Hunters at its heart. The knotwork was gold and with the rest of the hilt being a dark red. Idona put the saber in a pouch on her belt, and then set two disks in the computer terminal before heading to the cargo hold*

Roughly Twenty minutes later ((Unless Tanara and Elaina are extermely slow I'm assuming they are in the cargo hold already))

Asgardried Cargo Hold

*Idun walks into the hold, with Idona following shortly after. Both women are carrying swords at their hip and Idona is wearing her red and gold Valkyries armor, in her left hand she is carrying to disks. She approaches Tanara and Elaina handing each of them a disk*

Idona: These are lightsabers manuals, they will show you everything from the basics to more advance techniques with a focus on lightsaber vs lightsaber combat. These manuals were lost to the Jedi thousands of years ago when they believed to have destroyed the Sith and lightsaber vs lightsaber combat became very rare. When you practice use these as reference guides, also want you two to record every practice session and then review the recordings after. It will help you improve greatly as you can see your own mistakes.

Are you ready to begin training with a saber?

*Idun walks over to Sir Vin*

Idun: Why are you here?

Sir-Vin "I thought I sensed you sparing with Tarana. So I figured instead of spending my time in my quarters I could at least watch, but when I arrived it seemed that you two were already finished. I desided to stay, but of course my luck I may have found it, that it seems that the day's not finished, well for at least training purposes of course.

I was thinking maybe I could perhaps spar a little as well. A little practice could also help myself too."

*Sir-Vin looks down at his clothes, looking alot like Cracern right now.*

Sir-Vin "Oh, mind the garments, mine are a little worn after a while, I'm going to have to find a new set the next place we can..."

((WJ: in case you didn't see Idona did ask Tanara and Elaina a question))

Asgardried Cargo Hold

Idun: That is a little arrogant. Look at Tanara she is far from a novice yet there she is next to her sister ready to learn. Just because you may not be knew to a lightsaber doesn't mean there is nothing to learn.

*Sir-Vin's expression fades, and then he let's out a sigh. He looks slightly downward, adverting his eyes.*

Sir-Vin "I'm sorry, I, I didnt mean it. Just newer then me I suppose."

*Sir-Vin stands up.*

Sir-Vin "...Gotten to stright up and be useful somehow..."

Shadow Base

Gortick: Whatever this is, I didn't steal it, I was born with it. I got dumped on the hind end of space for this. Last thing I'm going to do is just let you take it.

Aren: *to Gortick* Now you're just lying and it isn't very interesting. The magic inside you is less than a month old. Same thing for him *pointing to Matt*. It's many months old in you *pointing to Ellela* and over a year old in you *pointing to Aidan*. And I'm not asking you if I can take it. Frankly, there's nothing you can do to prevent that if I decide to do it. I'm asking how you got it, and what you're doing with it - *looking at Matt, Ellela and Gortick in turn* - and why you're even in the presence of magic at all.

((Admiral: So where would Marin be right now?))

Gortick: *Angrily* Sorry, are my lies boring you? Ok then. This magic came from my mystical neon guitar, Elella's from gamma radiation and Aidan's due to the cosmic rays of a yellow sun. Together we fight crime by night and teach moral messages to young children.

((Again another time skip))

Asgardried Cargo Hold

Idona: Good let us begin. First and most important never draw your lightsaber for that matter any weapon unless you are ready to take another's life. Understand?

*Once the sisters nodded their understanding Idona began starting off with basic stances and food placement, about half way through Idona drew her own blade, activated it and demonstarted a number of cuts going slowly so the sisters could easily see what she was doing. She then had the sisters go through the cuts. While the sisters were trying to copy Idona's moves Idun attacked both of their minds. Idona caught them anytime they faltered and would reprimand them for poor concentration. This training sessesion last for four hours. Idona worked the sisters hard and pushed them towards perfection not exempting less then their best effort. Idun never said a word but kept up the mental attacks through out the practice.*

Idona: *replacing her lightsaber in her pouch* Good, Eliana you are picking up on this well. I want both of you to review those manuals, meet me back here tomorrow after dinner, and don't forget to vote for your choice in a leader.

*Idona walked over to Idun to speak with her quietly*

---------------------------

Asgardried Practice Room

*After the break Svafa continued to work with Marin on the sword until an additional four hours had passed. Svafa stopped the practice so she could meet with Idona and discuss how things went with Heimdall earlier*

Svafa: Good Marin, go get some rest we are going to continue right after breakfast. Have a good night.

*Svafa leaves the practice room heading for the forward lounge where she was going to meet Idona*

Elaina and Tanara left the Cargo Hold without a word. Both were physically and mentally exhausted from their training and both were breathing heavily as they returned to their rooms. After washing up, the sisters sat on their beds and began reviewing the manuals they had been given.

Asgardried, Quarters Section

*Chere is sitting outside her room when Marin comes along*

Chere: *jumping up* Hey! You! Where were you?

Marin: *looking exhausted* Training...

Chere: For ten hours? Training to do what?

Marin: To know how to use a sword.

Chere: Um? Why would you need to know that? You can friggin shapeshift.

Marin: *sighs* Because... well... you never know what might happen.

Chere: Whatever you say. So when are we going back home? I've already been gone for... what, a whole frikkin' year?

Marin: As soon as Guy can get you back. First we have to find our other friends...

Chere: Get *me* back? You're not coming?

Marin: I can't. What we're trying to do now... is too important.

*She opens her door, walks in and collapses face-first on her bed*

Chere: Ooooookay then.

----------

Shadow Base

*Aren frowns*

Aren: You... don't actually even know?

*Aren's communicator buzzes*

Comm: Ms. Aren, where are the four humanoids who were just brought in? They're needed to begin preparations for the ritual.

Aren: *into comm* Tell the mages they'll just have to wait.

Matt: No, we don't. We don't have any idea where the magic came from, what it's supposed to do, wether it's dangerous or not. We don't know who had us kidnapped, why they had us kidnapped, and wether or not what they're trying to do is dangerous. All I know is that someone had us kidnapped, and wants to do a ritual on us that may very well cause the destruction of the universe.

Shadow Base

*Aren actually looks startled for a moment*

Aren: The destruction of the universe? I do know who had you kidnapped. Your friend's estranged family. And they---

Aidan: It's Guy's fault we're here. And I bet you anything no one's coming for us - because the others will all listen to him and think we're lost. Guy is certainly not my friend. Or any friend of theirs if they're intelligent! *Glares at the other three*

Aren: ...Your vendetta aside, Guy's family has no love for him, but they're still one of our contractors. They didn't mention anything close to causing the destruction of the universe... and I would've thought our psychics would have picked up on that if it were so...

Asgardried Armory

*Heimdall enters the armory and walks to his forge reigniting it. He had just awaken from his two hour nap and wanted to see if he could finish the repairs to the armor, and maybe do a few other things.

Elsewhere on the ship the Asgardried dimmed the lights for the night cycle*

----------------------------------

Time Skip: Seven hours*

*Heimdall left the armory with a droid trailing him. The droid carried a box holding the items Heimdall had finished that night. The two entered the bow turbolift taking down to the middle level.

Walking down the main corridor Heimdall periodically stopped and repaired armor at a person's door. At Svafa's door Heimdall left a sword he had just sharpened and a gauntlet that needed minor mending. In Front of Vidar's door he left Vidar's repaired cuiraisse and pauldron. At Idun's door was a vembrace. After returning Idun's armor, Heimdall turned and began to walk towards Marin's door. He had one last delivery to make.

As he walked along the corridor, Valda's door opened and she stepped out pulling on a guantlet. She was dressed in her cerimonial armor and smiled at Heimdall when she saw him. Heimdall raised an eyebrow questioning Valda's choice of armor. Valda just shook her head, turned toward the lounge, it was her turn to make breakfast. The Asgardried could have made the meal, but there was no guarentee the ship would make an entirely edible meal.

Heimdall looked at Valda one last time before continueing down the corridor. When he arrived at Marin's door Heimdall set a down a sword sheathed in a hard leather scabbard attached to a belt. The sword had a curved cross guard decorated with Marin's name written in runes with a little knot work on either side of her name. The grip was was black leather with wire underneath creating ridges in the grip that would aid in Marin's hand staying in place during combat. The handle was large enough to take one hand completely and part of Marin's other hand. The pommel was a flattened disc with a triad carved in it. The center of the triad had two swords crossed. The blade had a fuller running for most of the lenght, in the fuller were a number of runes.

The Scabbard was black and had only simple knotwork running up its lenght and a metal tip. The belt was a double wrap belt and like the scabbard only had simple knotwork.

Heimdall then took out a leather thong that had a silver ring on it. On the inside of the ring were a number of runes. The outside was decorated with intricat dark blue knot work and at the center of the ring was a dark blue crystal. If you looked directly at the crystal you could make out Heimdall signature mark, the triad. There was also a note on the thong:

Marin:

It is important as you learn swordsmanship to have your own weapon. As such I give you this sword, It has some properties like your armor that you will find helpful when you decide to change shape. I hope this sword will see safely to the end of this quest. If it needs to be repaired just give it to me and I'll be happy to do it. I'm also giving you a ring, the ring like your armor will automatically adjust to fit your finger. With the ring you will be able to remove your armor like I did on Midgard. I'll teach you how to do this later tonight.

Heimdall.

*Heimdall turned from Marin's door and walked to the lounge curious as to what Valda was cooking for breakfast and why she was wearing that armor*

The Sisters' Quarters

Elaina woke up first and sat up immediately, blinking her eyes sleepily as she did so. She rubbed her eyes for a second and then put a hand to her hair. She had braided it the night before, so it was not quite as messy as it might have been otherwise. After brushing the tangles out of it, she returned to the bed and sat down with the makings of Tanara's new glove.

An hour later, Tanara began to wake up, but she took a slower route to wakefulness than her sister. She squeezed her eyes shut and stretched, bringing her hands up to her face. She winced slightly when her robotic hand brushed against her cheek and opened her eyes. The new hand and arm would still take a little time to get used to.

With a small sigh, Tanara moved to let her legs dangle off the side of the bed and sat up. Much like her sister, she rubbed her eyes, but she smiled slightly at the feeling of the right hand. It would most definitely take some getting used to. She felt her hair with her left hand and decided it only needed to be brushed.

"Knock knock," Elaina said as she came into her sister's room. In her right hand, she held the finished glove. Tanara smiled and took it.

"I'm impressed," she said. "Thank you."

"Maybe it'll be easier for both of us to get used to that new arm you've got now," Elaina told her. Tanara nodded.

"Come on," she said, slipping the glove on and fastening the clasps on the arm. "Let's go get some breakfast."

Tarsis, Red Lanter District

As the drunken Drago slammed the coins down several of the women moved foward, at the same time Hal stepped into the room flanked by Daskus and Regnor bellowing, "Officers of the Crown, stand fast!"

As usual all hell broke loose, tables and chairs were overturned as the dubious patrons tried to escape out the back. Soon the shabby establishment was deserted, except for the now unconcious warrior sprawled across the table. Regnor chuckled, "Well at least we didn't have to kill anyone."

Hal's voice cracked, "No and you didn't get any blood on your shirt, I'd wash your boot when we get back though," He leans over Drago, "Come on, lets get him out of here."

Archived