Home

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince *FULL BOOK SPOILERS*

Reborn Outcast

Wow. For anyone who has already read this book... what a book! What did everyone else think? Dumbledore dying had to be the biggest twist ever, because now it leaves me really stumped how Harry can complete his task, AND how Rowling can fit it all into one more book.

Opinions on the book?

Yeah, I'm bummed out. I had been carefully trying to avoid all spoilers until I could read the book...but just as I woke up this morning, my mom in the room next to me was talking to her friend on the phone about the book. Now, the walls are rather thin and my mom talks loud...she said right there "Oh yeah, Dumbledore dies...but I think not, because of he and Snape..." or something to that. Still, I found out that Dumbledore died.

So now I kinda lost interest to read the book.

:(

For Harry potter I couldn't care less. He's a *bleep*ing *bleep* *bleep* *bleep*er...

But Opie and Anthony had fun by sending a guy down a huge line of teenagers waiting for the book. The guy started shouting something like: "Snape kills Dumbledore! Snape kills Dumbledore!" and so on... You could actually hear the boo's and shouts that came from those nerdie nerd nerds...

Then the guy went to one as in face-to-face and said the same. The girl started screaming: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! You b****!"

If I would ever make a mistake of buying a Harry Potter book, I would have myself toilet paper for the next couple of months.

I'm not saying thatI hate Harry potter, or anything... I'm just saying that he is a *bleep*ing *bleep* *bleep* *bleep*er and I hate him.

Boo! :mad:

If you dont have something constructive to contribute to this topic please do not post here. it is very stupid and your only showing yourself to be that way.

I read the book (total of maybe 12 hrs to read :p) and enjoyed it alot. I hate the ending with Dumbledore dying though. I thought it was well written and glad that Harry wasn't such a whiner this one. I think that the last book will be great, but im sad it will be the last. The last one i think will be pretty long to have to cover Harry finding all four Hocroxes(sp) and destroying them, THEN going after Voldemort. I'm really excited to read the next one.

I'm not critisizing or hating you guys who dont like HP. What I'm saying here is that while I don't mind what your opinions are, this thread was made to discuss what you liked about the book. Not that you never touched one, or read one, and decided you just didnt like it. If you dont, cool by me, i used to hate it. But don't be going all over this thread with "i dislike harry potter so i didn't read the book" If you read the book, please contribute to the thread in a positive way and give your criticism to the book, not that you didn't even read.

I thought the book was very good, and very sad to see a major person in the books die. What I found interesting is for once the book didnt set the story up as making people think person A was bad but then said it was person C that was bad and throw everyone off. This time Harry thought it was Malfoy and he was right.

The end of the book shows Harry and his friends possibly going the loners route, leaving school to go after those "holocruxe" thingys. Book 7 will be very interesting indeed.

Originally posted by Reborn Outcast

What did everyone else think?

Opinions on the book?

Originally posted by Jo

this thread was made to discuss what you liked about the book

Where does it read so...? WHERE does it read so? He asked for our opinions, I gave mine. It's

a) On-topic

b) My opinion

And now I'll stop and let you back to fan the books like little 13-year old girls

Loved it. 4 hours of bliss for me. Much darker then the others. Again loved it. Wonder who R.A.B. is tho? and the other hierlooms. And was snape killing dumbledore so he can get a better chance against voldemort. I can just see snape killing Ol vold'y. So many question, so long to wait.

Any idea when the final book is coming out?

My sister got the book yesterday. I still need to finiish the 5th one, but I think I am going to restart from book one so it's all fresh in my memory. I saw this website spoiler with this guy saying "Hey, Snape kills Dumbledore." and then a kid yelling "NOOO! YOU BITCH! YOU BITCH!" and I saw some other websites like it or similar to it. So I am kinda bummed about Dumbleydore dying, but who knows he might have some kind of "wizardy" come back to life thing in book 7.

Originally posted by Darth Tepe

And now I'll stop and let you back to fan the books like little 13-year old girls

YES! OMG! YOU ARE SO COOL! YOU ARE WAY COOLER THAN US LOOZERS WHO LYKE HAIRY POTTUR!!! HARHARHAR.

Yeah. Stop posting crap like that or your posts will be deleted. I'm not kidding. Odds are you haven't even read the books, and your opinion is the same general regurgitated crap where you hate it based on principle. So don't. Just. Don't.

Oh, and the irony of a 13 year old boy making 13 year old girl insults isn't lost on me.

On topic, holy crap. I bought this book sunday night, had very little time, read about 200 pages yesterday, and I was hooked straight after work today until I finished. Unbelievable. I admittedly went on a cursing rampage when Snape killed Dumbledore. I lost it.

Of course, the wait for the final book is going to tear my insides into little shreds.....

And DAMN Harry for breaking it off with Ginny, he'd best get back with her by the end of the last book, or there will be hell to pay!

Edit - oh. And anyone who ruins the endings of movies, books, or whatever, will be sent to a special hell when they die, reserved for child molestors and people who talk during movies. They're seriously scum, who are apparently so pathetic that the only joy they can get comes from ruining something pure and good in somebody elses life. I hope they get the herpes.

Originally posted by Darth Tepe

For Harry potter I couldn't care less. He's a *bleep*ing *bleep* *bleep* *bleep*er...

But Opie and Anthony had fun by sending a guy down a huge line of teenagers waiting for the book. The guy started shouting something like: "Snape kills Dumbledore! Snape kills Dumbledore!" and so on... You could actually hear the boo's and shouts that came from those nerdie nerd nerds...

Then the guy went to one as in face-to-face and said the same. The girl started screaming: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! You b****!"

If I would ever make a mistake of buying a Harry Potter book, I would have myself toilet paper for the next couple of months.

I'm not saying thatI hate Harry potter, or anything... I'm just saying that he is a *bleep*ing *bleep* *bleep* *bleep*er and I hate him.

Boo! :mad:

Regardless of your personal opinions, in MY personal opinion Opie and Anthony were acting like ****ing assholes. ^_^ (Autocensor, please work >_>)

Now, on topic, I just finished the book yesterday. (took me six hours, but I had to borrow a friends' because I'm poor :p)

I accidentally got spoiled for the Snape/Dumbledore thing, since I did a forum search HERE on a certain user... and she used spoiler tags, but the search results were text only! >_<

Did anyone else (who read the book) get the vibe that Dumbledore had told Snape to kill him? And "Severus... please" was Dumbledore begging Snape to follow through?

Remember the Unbreakable Vow would've killed Snape if he hadn't, that Dumbledore doesn't fear death, that Dumbledore and Snape are accomplished telepaths (I can't remember how to spell the in-universe term :p), and that Dumbledore trusts Harry beyond anything by this point (and thus Harry doesn't necessarily need him anymore).

Also, the reason Harry thinks Dumbledore trusted Snape? Is bull****. I'd bet anything that we still don't know the real reason.

...Isn't it funny how innocent Book One was compared to this?

Originally posted by Redwing

I accidentally got spoiled for the Snape/Dumbledore thing, since I did a forum search HERE on a certain user... and she used spoiler tags, but the search results were text only! >_<

Only read that dumbly would die

Pfft.. The quality surely decreased each book IMO. First one was full of teh magical stuff and a stronger backbone of harry's year. This one was more a summary of a few days where he reads this potion book and follows malfoy on a map.

i finished the book a few days ago..

in my local newspaper the day it came out, there were spoilers written backwards so that those that were interested in knowing the story could read it. I myself wasnt interested, however my 14-year old younger sister , decided to blurt out in the car, "Snape is the Half-Blooded Prince"

Needless to say i was cut.

However i thought the book was not on the same par as the last few, but still had the "cant put the book down till i finish" feel to it. I read the whole book in 7 hrs straight.

Though a lot was explained, nothing really seemed to be happenin the whole year, it just seemed to be an episode of some teen school tv series, with the excessive love triangles and harry needing a love interest which was conveniently filled by Ginny.

Dumbledore dying was such a shock to me but it think it sets up th 7th really well. Plus Harry is prob gonna hav a big 1-on-1 finale with Voldemort now that dumble isnt around.

Did anyone else (who read the book) get the vibe that Dumbledore had told Snape to kill him? And "Severus... please" was Dumbledore begging Snape to follow through?

After i finished the book i thought the same thing, since Dumbledore knew he was gonna die and he didnt want Draco to kill him so he was pleading for snape to finish the job. I reckon Snape will be a good guy by the end of the series.

I actually thought that Dumbledore wanted to show Harry that Draco, in the end, still could become an ally, which was why he stunned him. Now, (If Harry can think clearly), some of the things that Dumbledore said, such as Draco being manipulated to save his family, he might realize that Draco could help him against Voldemort... or he could just go on a rampage and kill everyone with Ron and Hermione. :)

But yea, it seemed that Dumbledore wanted Snape to kill him, because c'mon, how many of us believe that Dumbledore would EVER beg for his life... He just wanted Harry to reevaluate some people, and if Harry remembers the conversations, and EXACTLY what went on while he was stunned, it could make a difference.

Did anyone get the "Star-warsy" vibes from this...

The moment Voldemort was talking with Dumbledorf about fear leads to anger anger leads to hate" or something along those lines I was like - AHHHHHH dont' ruin it JK.

The other part is that it's also parallel with Obi dying and Dubledorf. He'll probably teach Harry from the other side of the mirror or perhaps through his bottled up memories. Perhaps in the next one Harry will get a memory of Dumbledorf and Snape making an agreement that if it came down to Draco having to kill Dumbledorf or Dumble having to kill draco - that Dumbledorf wanted Snape to kill him. Dumble would never want to kill a student. And if he didn't kill him - voldemort would have. In the end I think Dumbledorf sacrafised himself. I think we will get a bitchen Draco vs Harry fight in the next one. Also I think one of the Horcoux's is Harry's Scar. Yup - i think that's the 7th Horcoux's.

Originally posted by Captain Wilson

Wonder who R.A.B. is tho?

Regulus ????? Black was my guess. (Sirius' brother).

Aye, I liked this book, much better than the last one definetly.

It was amusing to watch the TV though and see how Edinburgh castle had been re-decorated to resemble Hogwarts, Rowling was there from midnight onwards on the 15/16th and also the rakes of people who queued at book shops for hours to get their copy, while I smugly had a few pints on the night only to awake on Saturday with it on my doorstep.

Cheers amazon! :xp:

Right, this book amazed me.

I have tons to say.

First of all, I think the next book will be sweet. I also think that the title will have something to do with this "R.A.B." person. Maybe the title will be Harry Potter and R.A.B., LOL?

Now, I guessed that Dumbledore was going to die. It was foreshadowed so much. Also, when I clicked on this thread before finishing the book, I didn't expect the first post to so suddenly say that Dumbledore died.

At least I wouldn't have been surprised, nonetheless. I didn't think Snape was going to kill him, until he arrived.

BUT, I have a big feeling that Snape is still good. Remember the Unbreakable Vow? At the end of it, he hesitantly promises that he'll do Malfoy's assignment if he fails to do so. Even though you have to be a real mean person to kill someone and obey the Unbreakable Vow rather than die for disobeying it, I kind of feel that he's on the side of the Order of the Phoenix. I also felt that Dumbledore was asking Snape to kill him and fulfill what he wanted to happen, he probably had talked to him earlier, just as he had told Harry to listen to him, no matter what. Just a feeling I have. Plus, he wouldn't let Harry use the illegal curses or whatever. He wouldn't even let him say it, but for other curses he just deflected them. Maybe he wants to keep Harry good?

It's a big conclusion though. What do you all think about that?

Now, I was thinking, who the hell is going to help Harry now? My two favorite people have died in the last two books. Lupin doesn't seem as powerful as Sirius or Dumbledore by far.

And now, Lord Voldemort can apparate right outside Hogwarts and kill anyone and everyone, as the only person he feared is dead! Will Harry even go back to Hogwarts next year?

Also, about this R.A.B. person, is he/she as powerful or close to as powerful as Dumbledore? They need a strong person that can protect Harry and the students now! Professor McGonagall (spelling?) doesn't seem to be the great powerful ruler of Hogwarts as Dumbledore was.

The Order of the Phoenix will probably be led by Hermione, Harry, and Ron, eventually. They have almost no one left. The only significant people would be Mr. Weasley, Mrs. Weasely, Professor McGonagall (spelling?), Remus Lupin, Tonks, and Bill.

My guess is that one of three things will happen in the next book: Harry will kill Voldemort, Harry and Voldemort will both be killed or kill each other, or Voldemort will kill Harry and gain control of the world with his Death Eaters.

I also have a feeling that Ron is going to die. It has felt like that to me for a while. Around the end, I kind of thought Hermione had died too. What happens to Harry if they both die? Harry would go crazy! He'd go on a killing rampage.

The only person he has left to protect him is Hagrid (Besides the Order).

I can't wait for the next book. I feel that there is going to be all-out war in the next one. At the same time, I was happy in the fourth book (and fifth, right before Sirius died), with Sirius and Dumbledore owning the Death Eaters and stuff.

It's kind of sad.

By the way...Harry with Ginny...that's kind of weird. I thought Ginny was too young for him? Or, is she only one year younger than him?

:fett:

Originally posted by Majin Revan

Oh, yeah, LOL.

I was beginning to think of Harry as a pedophile, but I was wrong (thank Godesses and Gods).

:fett:

You wouldn't happen to be reading Hairy Potter, by chance?

:p

*comes out of the unknown to make a post*

Hi again if any of you remember me. :)

Also I think one of the Horcoux's is Harry's Scar. Yup - i think that's the 7th Horcoux's.

To clear that up, his scar would either be the sixth Horcoux, or it would not be one at all. Dumble guessed from Slughorns memory he split his soul into 7 parts. That means he woul have 6 Horcoux and the seventh would be inside him. Also, if it was his scar, what would he do? blow his head off?! O.o

Originally posted by BawBag™

Regulus ????? Black was my guess. (Sirius' brother).

I also thought of that. If you think of it again, Reg wasn't all that powerful or smart and didn't seem that gutsy. He was killed off pretty quick too.

This book has gotten me frusterated like a lot of you also. There has been a lot of foreshadowing. Who will protect Harry? Will Hogwarts reopen (I'm guessing it does)? Will they go back to school? Does Malfoy help Harry? Does Harry get back with Ginny (and i hope he does... seems a good match)? many more questions i can add.

This book kept me going and hooked, it answered a lot of question, but it also added a ton more. I can't wait to find out what happens in the 7th book, but I know it will be a lot. I am disappointed it will be the last one. :( So many more things could happen.

*goes back into the abyss*

Archived