Home

Who Likes Anime?

Aash Li

the man thing i didn't like about dbz was the long ass battles like goku vs. freiza i don't mind battles being 2 or 3 episodes long but around 15 is just dumb

MdKnightR wonders if this battle with JediGoku will go on as long as those stupid battles on between Goku and Freiza? I shall be victorious in the end!

DBZ, BARNEY, POWERPUFF GIRLS, TELETUBBIES, DEXTER'S LABORATORY, AND DORA THE EXPLORER are a great combination. Hey look, another sentence of mammoth proportions!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by RedHawke

I see I was correct...

Face it folks, those who like DBZ don't realise the addage "there is always a bigger fish", and "only a goku would bring a saber to a nuke fight!"... Ok you got me... I just made the second one up! :p

MdKnightR hurls nuclear warhead at JediGoku...holds ears as blast goes off!

Originally posted by jedigoku

*uses triple after image takes out devon in on hit*:p the force is no good when ya don't know which image is real:p

You underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

"And that is why a common soldier will never triumph over a Sith. Your military "tactics" are nothing compared to the power of the force." - Kreia

Just as a "side" comment....

For all of the 'haters' of DBZ.... you all seem to know quite ALOT about it...far more than a "I watched one episode" knowledge.... ;) hehehe...

Although I don't watch it anymore, I for one liked DBZ at the time, and have it and the other "kiddie" anime cartoons to thank for turning me onto more traditional styles of the art.

I mean c'mon Bulma doesn't stand a chance to Major Motoko Kusanagi :naughty:

Just an observation.... * whistles innocently and walks out *

Originally posted by Prime

OK guys, this is just degenerating into a lot of spamming. Please get back on topic, or the thread will have to be closed. Thanks for your cooperation. :)

No problem Prime! Just having a bit of fun. Would this kind of thing be more acceptable in the Dantooine Theatre Company? I thought what we were doing was more like role-playing. However, I will observe your wishes. Don't want to get banned.

I own...

- Anime's -

Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing, Trigun, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Ghost in the Shell: SAC, Ranma 1/2, Astro Boy, Bible Black

- Anime Movies -

Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on heavens Door, Ghost in the Shell, Vampire Hunter D, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust...

I am not an anime god, as I know someone with more than this, but I have a nice collection, of what I consider to be the finer animes...

Now I'm pissed! Tonight on Cartoon Network, Justice League Unlimited was preempted by the end of the Yu-Gi-Oh movie! That's just wrong on so many levels! :forkyou:

Well that sucks... crap, means my dvr is gonna have Yu-Gi-Blows on it :fist:

Thanks for the warning :D

ie it's crap :D

To be honest, DBZ was among the first anime I liked but when I started watching "real" anime, DBZ turned out to be pretty abysmal.

Honestly, Id rather watch Power Puff Girls... Mojo Jojo cracked me up when the series first started, it would take him forever to get thgrough one sentence lol. They are making an anime version of PPG over in Japan, but I forget what its called... it does end in Z though (so I think they are equating it with dbZ). O_o

I dont think any true raving anime fan considers DBZ an "actual" anime... its more like those series or movies where you take the general idea of the show and see how ridiculous and absurd you can get and still be relatively popular. ^_^ Cases in point (and Im not equating them with DBZ): Excel Saga, Azumanga Daioh, FLCL - the last two still retain more realism though.

Yu-Gi-Blows... hehe... I like Draggin' Balls Z too lol

Archived