Home

Who Likes Anime?

Aash Li

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm currently watching Bleach (both the anime and manga), Naruto Shippuuden (anime and manga), Gurren Lagann, Lucky Star, Seto no Hanayome, and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai.

I did watch the pilot of Bleach and Naruto, but I just don't understand what the big attraction is. I find the animation to be ugly and...weird.

HITSUGAYA DOES NOT APPROVE

5x476lx.jpg

I've only seen the stuff on Adult Swim, but I usually enjoy what anime I watch, but then I'm easy to please. I'll watch just about anything.

For the most part, I wouldn't really call myself an anime fan, but Detective Conan (aired as "Case Closed" in the US due to copywrite issues.) quickly became one of my favourite shows. I absolutely love the show. (see avatar and sig. heh)

... because thread-necromancy is fun! desu.

And for on-topicness, Ive been watching lots of really good ones lately

Zero no Tsukaima (Zero's Familiar). 1st season is liscensed, second is still fairgame.

Darker than Black

Murder Princess

Hitohira

Claymore

I've just started collecting Ghost in the Shell: SAC on DVD. I have seen a few other anime:

Naruto, Akira, Blood: the Last Vampire, the Animatrix. I want to see the other Ghost in the Shell Movies, but I am having trouble finding them. I have only seen the first movie so far.

Does Code Lyoko count as Anime? It kinda looks like it (even though it was made in France)

I started watching anime when this spunky series called Jigoku Shoujo (tr. Hell Girl) came up on Animax. That was around the end of last year, methinks. I've been watching anime since. I've seen:

Jigoku Shoujo

Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori (now watching)

Trinity Blood

Cowboy Bebop (best anime ever.)

Ergo Proxy (acknowledgment acknowledged, Jodo ;) )

Ghost in the Shell: Stand-Alone Complex (now watching)

Next in line:

Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2nd Gig

Le Chevalier d'Eon

Death Note?

Darker than Black?

I've just started collecting Ghost in the Shell: SAC on DVD. I have seen a few other anime:

Naruto, Akira, Blood: the Last Vampire, the Animatrix. I want to see the other Ghost in the Shell Movies, but I am having trouble finding them. I have only seen the first movie so far.

Does Code Lyoko count as Anime? It kinda looks like it (even though it was made in France)

Well, Ghost in the Shell SAC...They're good so far, cutting out some pretty inappropriate contents.

There are three movies: Ghost in the Shell the Movie, Innocence, and Solid State Society. I watched all of them, and they're pretty good.

Code Lyoko? I don't think it's an anime, since it's not originated from Japan. The definition is here:

Linguistically, the anime definition is subject to interpretation. In Japan, the term does not specify an animation's nation of origin or style; instead, it is used as a blanket term to refer to all forms of animation from around the world.[6] In English, main dictionary sources define anime as "a Japanese style of motion-picture animation" or "a style of animation developed in Japan".[7] Thus, non-Japanese works are sometimes called anime-influenced animation if they borrow stylistically from Japanese animation.

In western countries the word is used usually only to refer to animated programming of Japanese origin, with the term "cartoon" or "animated series" used for most other visual styles. The online anime database AniDB generally defines anime (in the singular form) as "an animated, professionally produced, feature film created by a Japanese company for the Japanese market".[6] However, some anime are co-productions with non-Japanese companies like the Cartoon Network. Thus, anime is no longer specific to the Japanese market.

I started watching anime when this spunky series called Jigoku Shoujo (tr. Hell Girl) came up on Animax. That was around the end of last year, methinks. I've been watching anime since. I've seen:

Jigoku Shoujo

Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori (now watching)

Trinity Blood

Cowboy Bebop (best anime ever.)

Ergo Proxy (acknowledgment acknowledged, Jodo ;) )

Ghost in the Shell: Stand-Alone Complex (now watching)

Next in line:

Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2nd Gig

Le Chevalier d'Eon

Death Note?

Darker than Black?

I thought you watched Death Note. :xp:

:headbump:headbumpNO, NO, NO, NO, NO :headbump:headbump

WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's his problem?

What's his problem?

They ran out of Green Jello at the asylum. He hates that. Last time, we had to get the straight jacket... Not fun.

Back on topic:

I'm mad they don't have Cased Closed at Best Buy anymore. They still have the movie "The Time Bomb Skyscraper" though. I don't know why they quite selling it in store. People were buying it. I know because I would always check to see if they had the next volume in and I could see they would have less of the previous volume...

Oh well... theres always online. They still have them at the website. I just don't want to pay shipping and handling. heh

I've gone too long without a Conan fix... I'm getting antsy.

Code Lyoko is French =P So I don't know what it'll be.

They used to show Ghost in the Shell: SAC on Adult Swim, but now it's hit or miss. For me it was an alright anime, some things didn't make sense though. I still watch it though.

I like Bleach alot, but I prefer the Japanese voices to the American, for the sole fact that alot of the American voices annoy me, they just don't fit the characters. It kinda ruins the show...

I never liked Naruto. Too many weird kids dressing up with the headbands at school and stuff. And when they went all "Shadow Clone Jutsu" and stuff, it ruined it.

It sucks that people with cable can only get anime on Adult Swim. They need to finish anime's they start though. I heard they're gonna pull Naruto after episode 110 and replace it with another. Even though I don't care for Naruto, it's still not right to do that.

Like I said in the other anime thread long ago... French animation and Japanese animation both = "anime"... They both use the same word to describe their forms of animation.

As for the availability of anime for people... well I just buy everything I want to watch... it can get expensive at times but *shrugs* I prefer to buy stuff I really like.

Like I said in the other anime thread long ago... French animation and Japanese animation both = "anime"... They both use the same word to describe their forms of animation.

As for the availability of anime for people... well I just buy everything I want to watch... it can get expensive at times but *shrugs* I prefer to buy stuff I really like.

Yeah, now American 'anime' is just plain cartoons to me, but they try passing it off...poorly.

By the way, you know where I could find FLCL? I've been looking everywhere for it, but I can't find it.

I thought you watched Death Note. :xp:

Haha, no sir. Though it's quite the craze. I have Yoko Kanno's 'Inner Universe' stuck in my head today. That brings forth:

Top 5 Anime Opening/Ending Themes (from the anime I've seen only.)

1. The Real Folk Blues (Cowboy Bebop)

2. Kiri (Ergo Proxy)

3. Inner Universe (Ghost in the Shell: SAC)

4. Broken Wings (Trinity Blood)

5. Dress (Trinity Blood)

Anybody said Death Note? :D

I'm now watching: Fullmetal Panic! I really like it, recommend it to anybody!

MY TOP ANIME ENDING/OPENING THEMES ARE:

1) Rewrite by Asian Kung-Fu Generation (Fullmetal Alchemist)

2) Ima made nando mo by Mass Missile (Naruto)

3) Ichirin no Hana by High and Mighty colors (Bleach)

4) Parade by Chaba (Naruto)

5) D-technolife by UVERworld (Bleach)

I like Full Metal Alchemist, but Adult Swim and Cartoon Network have seriously gone down the crapper.

Dubs = evil. Especially in the case of Eureka 7 and Bleach. AS probly wont stay with Bleach if they are pulling Narutard, bleach is currently at 132 eps. I stopped watching subs at 82. lol

My favourite songs:

Last Exile - Over the Sky

All the Jigoku Shoujo (Hell Girl) songs

Claymore - Danzai no Hana

Inner Universe (and really the whole 1st season soundtrack) - GitS

Adult Swim stated that Bleach is gonna be the next Inuyasha, meaning they're gonna run it until it's done. I'm kinda glad Naruto is going off air, it now opens Adult Swim up to more anime choices.

I wanna see them get FLCL like they've been trying to. They showed one episode once, like years ago, then the company that owns FLCL got all over them because it wasn't "authorized." Damn money hungry bastards...

And even if it is six episodes, who cares? It's a great anime. Maybe they could get .//hack or something. Just something good.

Oh, and I found something great today. My cable company (Time Warner) is ending its Video on Demand contract with the company that supplies the anime channel. Bastards! Now I need satelite.

/end rant like post but with serious-ness.

Anybody said Death Note? :D

I'm now watching: Fullmetal Panic! I really like it, recommend it to anybody!

MY TOP ANIME ENDING/OPENING THEMES ARE:

1) Rewrite by Asian Kung-Fu Generation (Fullmetal Alchemist)

2) Ima made nando mo by Mass Missile (Naruto)

3) Ichirin no Hana by High and Mighty colors (Bleach)

4) Parade by Chaba (Naruto)

5) D-technolife by UVERworld (Bleach)

I haven't seen Fullmetal Panic or Alchemist, though I am thinking about watching them. That good, is it?

As for the themes you have chosen, are you refering to the show's theme song?

Archived