Home

Who Likes Anime?

Aash Li

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AS aired the entire series of FLCL, and they still do sometimes. And they aired the original .hack series too.

Actually then only aired all the the FLCL episodes over and over one night, and they only have rights to show one episode. Also, if you watch their commercials that show e-mails they get, the most common question is if they gonna get the full FLCL season rights, and they always respond that they want to, but can't. They also had a blog on why they couldn't. I'll try to find it.

As for .//hack, they showed some episodes out of order, and they skipped one episode I believe. But there are three other spinoffs/seasons, so I want to see those.

What's his problem?

I just don't like Anime very much. Anyone interested in knowing why can research my posts in this thread since I don't feel like repeating myself. Just suffice it to say that I am an artist/art teacher and I just get bombarded with the stuff. About the only Anime that I'll watch is Star Blazers or Battle of the Planets (old-school to be certain).

Ah right, I remember MDK's rant about this now... Starblazers is still anime though... its just a really really old anime. Space Battleship Yamamoto in Japan. ;)

I had an art teacher like that, she gave me bad grades because my art wasnt to her liking even though I was doing all the art the way it was supposed to be (ie it wasnt anime-ish).

I had an art teacher who hated me because I had long hair, and she considered me a "punk." She also hated my drawings. I had stuff from Star Wars to out right anime/manga. So she failed me. Now...if I failed art, I failed my grade.

Well, my parents went to the school board, and got it 'partially' fixed, and now thanks to her, I'm home schooled.

Anime got me home schooled, who knew!

Ah right, I remember MDK's rant about this now... Starblazers is still anime though... its just a really really old anime. Space Battleship Yamamoto in Japan. ;)

Sorry to be picky, but it's Yamato =) Star Blazers was my introduction to anime...and goddamn, what an intro it was at 5 years old. I rewatched it a couple months ago right after I finished the first season of Uchuu Senkan Yamato and to my surprise it held up pretty well..definitely more kid-friendly than the Japanese version but not so dumbed-down or hacked apart that it's unwatchable (Battle Of The Planets, I'm looking in your direction)

Ah was it Yamato... guess I was thinking of that admiral from WWII... or was his family name Yamato as well? xD

But yeah, Starblazers was my childhood favourite, long before Transformers blasted on to the fuzzy channel 47 lol. Id play hooky from sunday school just so I could watch it sometimes... sadly I missed it more times than not. :|

Never watched Battle of the Planets... >_>

Bleach is fun... and getting better and better. Macross series(not the neutered robotech) is one of THE CLASSIC Universe, and most stuff is great also... except maybe Macross7, but Macross7 TRASH more than made up for it.

Speaking of which, Gundam would be nice. Though I am one of those old farts who is mostly only into UC timeline. Yes I know about the whole Tunr A and Black History thing, but not going to quote it.

Well, it is unfortunate that there is no Manga/Anime on the Virtual On universe, cause it would kick ass also. I love that FeiYin Blue Heart of mine ^^

I had an art teacher like that, she gave me bad grades because my art wasnt to her liking even though I was doing all the art the way it was supposed to be (ie it wasnt anime-ish).

Now, I've never gone that far! Even though I don't like for kids to draw Anime in their projects, I never deducted points because of it. I just make it very clear to those who want to pursue art past high school that colleges and universities will be very critical of portfolios that have that style in them. So I instruct them to not put Anime in anything that will be viewed by college reps.

Now, I've never gone that far! Even though I don't like for kids to draw Anime in their projects, I never deducted points because of it. I just make it very clear to those who want to pursue art past high school that colleges and universities will be very critical of portfolios that have that style in them. So I instruct them to not put Anime in anything that will be viewed by college reps.

Uh, one of my friends got a college scholarship in art because of his anime drawings.

He's finishing up this year and starting his own manga...

Archived