Home

Who Likes Anime?

Aash Li

I am just starting to really get into anime, so far I really like naurto and the devil may cry series. If only I could find more episodes of naurto I've seen all the way to episode 31 and its hard for me to find them that are subbed in english.

Try ~snipped link due to site content~ --Jae for anime episodes. You can find alot of unknown animes on there and alot of known animes too.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I luuuuuurrrve anime. I could not list all the anime and manga I watch and read, but there are some things I like more than others. At times I like plain violence, others a romance. I also think I am one of the few females who enjoys yuri/Shoujo-ai anime/manga.

Currently waiting for more Hellsing Ultimate OVA episodes and watching a few things on the side like Bleach.

Well, I don't watch anime ONLINE. They got poor qualities...I always download anime/manga if I can, for quality's sake.

I also think I am one of the few females who enjoys yuri/Shoujo-ai anime/manga.

Oh my Goddess...Geez...I even doubt if anyone here likes THAT kind of anime/manga.

If any of you Haruhi fans have been living in a hole or something, let me be the first to inform you of season two.

*some image*

(The image is from Newtype btw)

Cover: http://f.exoload.com/707/ntcover.jpg

Wow, the population of weeaboos in a starwars forum is huge. Well, the novel seems to be quite a series by now, so obviously they can have a run with some seasons more.

And yes, Admit It, Almost All Female Anime Fans Likes Yaoi. ^^;;

Season 2 huh... I heard about that some time ago. Hopefully they will animate the entire series. ^.^

For those of us that like yuri in our anime, with cute girls, I present to you: Zombie Loan. Yoshi gets drunk on fantan (whatever that is), and then it starts. :3

And yes, Admit It, Almost All Female Anime Fans Likes Yaoi. ^^;;

Most (if not all) yaoi is written by females... it has something to do with yuri not being acceptable back when it first started so the writers just make bishies and had them coupling with each other. :)

Uh, one of my friends got a college scholarship in art because of his anime drawings.

He's finishing up this year and starting his own manga...

I didn't say it couldn't happen. There are always exceptions to the rule. But the rule of thumb is that most art colleges frown on Anime being in a portfolio.

Well I can understand that, since even in Japan the anime artists start out doing "normal" non-anime art. Since while you can easily learn to draw in the manga-style, its not so easy to draw realistically.

I just dont like it when people bash others for liking the manga-style over the somewhat more realistic western comic-book style. If you look at western cartoons like Dexters Lab, and Garfield (in comics), you'll see that they sort of mirror the manga style with the large eyes and small mouths, and the morphing faces...

Another great anime: Lucky Star - just dont expect there to be any sort of plot. lol

One of my favourite artists, Ryu made this pic with a Haruhi reference in it. :3

~snipped~

Can't link to those kinds of pics--keep it PG-13, please. --Jae

woo haruhi season 2. I couldn't really tell what the official site said on the 7th so I wasn't sure whether they announced it or not. well thats what i'm looking forward to the most. Right now I'm only really watching Lucky Star, and then Bleach on adult swim.

Well I can understand that, since even in Japan the anime artists start out doing "normal" non-anime art. Since while you can easily learn to draw in the manga-style, its not so easy to draw realistically.

That is precisely what I mean. Thanks for putting it so well. ;)

I'm obsessed with anime. I collect plushies ,cards,etc. Some of my fav's are: Full Metal Alchemist, Inuyasha, Gunslinger Girl, Trigun, Basilisk, Fruits Basket, Naruto, Macross,Hellsing,Cowboy Bebop, Gunsword, Ergo Proxy, Chrno Crusade,Peacemaker,Samuari 7, Samuari Deeper Kyo, Tsubasa,Blood+, Trinity Blood, Big O. The list goes on really. An expensive obsession it is.

Stoffe, since you worked so hard to remove our off-topic banter, could you sticky the thread please? ^_^

Please with furit-of-your-choice on top? hehe

Kaze no Stigma, and Kekkaishi are also pretty good, though the second annoyed me at first.

Mod note: Added a link to the thread in the Important Info sticky. Trying to keep the number of directly stickied threads to a minimum. :) ~M

You're kidding me right? one of the few? XD LOL

You mean I am not alone o.O? I am not sure if I have ever actually met another girl that admits to it. They all seem to like Yaoi, but personally it makes me laugh. I love blood action like Hellsing Ultimate, love action like Bleach, like a cute romance from time to time like Lova Hina, but overall if I story has Yuri in it I'm all over it. Although my collection is not very big and mostly consists of Manga, I have a few series like Kashimashi. Luuuurrve Yuri, and Gender Benders are just as good. Yay Ranma 1/2!

Plus, statistically speaking. If you're female, and you like anime, you're far more likely to have lesbian tendencies than anyone else, at the very least you've thought of going bi at some point.

I believe it. Although, I find girls that like Yaoi to be some of the straitest.

An expensive obsession it is.

Well... if you pay for it all... yeah... but... yeah...

Mod note: Scrubbed some completely off-topic posts from the thread. The topic of the thread is anime; not the gender, sexual orientation and what particular set of genitals some members are equipped with, nor what particular brand of guitar is superior.

But it was just getting good!

Yay for Haruhi 2! The first season is probably one of the best animes I've ever watched and is a personal favorite of me and a couple friends. Known about it for awhile now and even read the books when I have time.

Never watched Battle of the Planets... >_>

You've missed a seriously cool show. Cool powers, cool costumes, Casey Kasem as Mark and Keye Luke as the evil Zoltar, cool music, cool ship that turned into the fiery phoenix and back, galaxy-spanning conflicts all solved in a half hour (or hour if it was a 2 part episode). What's not to love? :)

Archived