Aash Li

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooooooooooooooooh... Ive got a laundry list of anime I watch. ^_^

Kaze no Stigma

Lucky Star

Doujin Work

Code Geass (new uncensored dvd subs! lol)

Inukami (ecchi and very funny)

Heroic Age

Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori (Just finished)

Darker than Black

Claymore (<3)

Murder Princess

Might end up liking Denno Coil

Zero no Tsukaima

Zero no Tsukaima Futatsuki no Kisshi (second season of above)

Kekkaishi

Hitohira (yuri-ish :3)

Zombie Loan

Seto no Hanayome

Mushi-uta (sort of Mai-hime meets Mushishi)

And while Kamikaze Girls isnt anime, its pretty darn funny. ;)

I think he means stuff you download :p

but that pretty much includes all non-licensed series

there are a lot of series you have to download in order to watch because they aren't shown outside of japan.

I can think of a few that won't make it to the US with out being chewed up and spit out >.<

Actually, I dont see the difference between "regular" subs and fansubs. Some of the fansubs are terrible and the translations are bad, but a good majority of them arent. But some of the commercial subs are even worse, namely because they look like they were just slapped together...

Just because places like Geneon and ADV are paying people to translate a series, doesnt make their understanding of Japanese any better.

Reclaimer said regular, I figured he meant commercial... and Geneon, ADV, Bandai, and some others are Japanese in origin, so they are of course going to follow the directives of their parent corporation. But places like Funimation, Disney, and 4kids, arent.

ADVision's origin is the US, not Japan. But the company is partly Japanese owned by various anime related groups. Also, directives are part of licensing agreements, not just because a company follows orders from its parent like Geneon. FUNimation worked VERY closely with the Japanese creators of the Fullmetal Alchemist anime. In fact, most of the cast for the English dub was chosen by the Japanese... and we've already talked about Disney and 4Kids...

My original point is still valid though; just because the translators in commercial companies are getting paid doesnt make them any better than the fansubbers who do it for free. A translation depends on how good the person knows the language, not how much they are getting paid...

• 3 weeks later...

By the might of Thor, ARISE!!

Ahem, so I'm close to completing Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori right now, after a lot of procrastination. Anybody got any suggestions on what I should watch next? Three animes on my plate (and I'll most likely be picking from one of these) are:

Le Chevalier d'Eon

Darker than Black

Wolf's Rain (Dai Sato FTW!)

Oh, and if you suggest anything other than these, be sure to give a synopsis or something. Just a general reason WHY I should watch it. Thanks.

Archived