Home

Who Likes Anime?

Aash Li

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
k.. just caught an episode of Death Note the other day. yah, Cartoon Network, I suk but I really don't have the time to go shopping for the "real" version.. (I hate Xmas season) :xp:

Am I wasting my time to start watching this or does it turn out to be a decent anime? First episode caught my attention, but I'm just wondering if Adult Swim is butchering the series before I get too interested and waste my DVR space.. hehe

It's awesome. I was disappointed by the ending, but the rest of the show is really good. If you have doubts about the Adult Swim version, Viz is selling all the episodes on direct2drive (fairly good quality, but it's in WMV format with DRM, although since you have usage rights it's possible to remove it and re-encode to whatever format).

Anybody else watch Baccano or Dragonaut? I'd reccomend Baccano even though it DOES end next week and i'll have to wait a few more episodes until i can recomend Dragonaut, but the story is nice as well. Baccano's an anime situated on the prohibition era of America with the mafias and such. Dragonaut is, well, i think the title is self-explaining. xD

• 3 weeks later...

well sorry to you anime fans but if i would decide i would scrap the whole anime world cause i get annoyed on it when i read on wikipedia about naruto and read that it was about ninjas i got so angry because of theese reasons 1.They don't do as ninjas the real ninjas used stealth and cheap tricks to win and did often strike from behind.2.Well if someone asked me what i think they are i would not say ninjas they don't even dress as ninjas.

the ninja ryu hayanusa maybe be anime but at least he looks like a real human well and other anime well i don't like it give me shivers

Just found a really really cute anime... its only 8 minutes long, and right now its a one-shot. Its called Candy Boy, and despite its name, it has nothing to do with boys.

Warning: if you dont like girl-girl romance, dont watch it, because its heavily yuri/shoujo-ai.

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/1135.html

ok that warning should have been in BIG BOLD LETTERS

:lol:

but it sorta left leaves one wanting more ;-;

in 8 minutes it contains more yuri than Kashimashi girl meets girl and Strawberry panic which are the most yuri based series I've seen yet :naughty: well that is if they were only 8 minutes long XD

Here is an article on the anime industry and the affects of downloading. An interesting read...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/editorial/2007-11-25

Translation: BAWWWWWWWWWWWW

If they want fans to buy their **** they should get subs out within 48 hours of airing, make their quality comparable to that of a decent fansub group, and not **** up the downloadable versions of their shows with ****ing DRM bull****. The fans are doing them a favor by buying them since there's most likely a free fansub with comparable quality (usually 720p is what I see groups releasing now), the least they could do is give the fans that purchase the episodes the benefit of the doubt. They could also try only editing shows to translate signs, etc instead of mucking it up so that clueless parents will buy Death Note DVDs for their 8 year old.

tl;dr: American anime companies need to stop sucking if they want people to buy their ****. I'm still waiting on volumes 3-x of Shana since Viz has only released 2/16 volumes in a ****ing year.

Most all fansub groups will stop sharing series that get licensed for sale in the US. Animesuki wont even host links to torrents of licensed anime.

Alot of anime that is popular in the US, wasnt even available here until fansubbers got a hold of the shows airing in Japan and subbed them for free. If fansubbers can put out the entire series subbed for free, by the time the show ends for the season, then the "professional" companies should be able to do the same. I doesnt take that long to do it, as evidenced by how fast fansubbers do it...

They also need to stop half-assing the series, stop hacking them up to suit their fancy, and stop renaming them to stupid titles, when the original title is just fine (even if it is just random words).

Most all fansub groups will stop sharing series that get licensed for sale in the US. Animesuki wont even host links to torrents of licensed anime.
From what I've seen, most groups only stop if they get a C&D. And TokyoTosho usually gets new torrents up on their site faster, plus they don't have the holier than thou approach when it comes to licensed vs. unlicensed anime.

Translation: BAWWWWWWWWWWWW

If they want fans to buy their **** they should get subs out within 48 hours of airing, make their quality comparable to that of a decent fansub group, and not **** up the downloadable versions of their shows with ****ing DRM bull****. The fans are doing them a favor by buying them since there's most likely a free fansub with comparable quality (usually 720p is what I see groups releasing now), the least they could do is give the fans that purchase the episodes the benefit of the doubt. They could also try only editing shows to translate signs, etc instead of mucking it up so that clueless parents will buy Death Note DVDs for their 8 year old.

tl;dr: American anime companies need to stop sucking if they want people to buy their ****. I'm still waiting on volumes 3-x of Shana since Viz has only released 2/16 volumes in a ****ing year.

You may want to calm down. Just sayin'... :)

• 1 month later...
I am of the school of thought that unless it is animated, it isn't anime...

If you made 24 frames of fanart and turned it into a 1 second movie clip then your fanart could be considered anime.

Most fanart fits more into the Manga catagory... but that is just me most likely. :D

EDIT: @ Cyborgninja what is Naruto like?

EDIT 2: Put in a missing word... response to Aash Li's post below! :D

actually if you are going to be pedantic, you are correct. But since most don't know the technical differences...

I like (In no particular order):

UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie

Noir

Nausicca

Fruits Basket

Oh My Goddess

Ah My goddess

Dominion Tank POlice

Dirty Pair (Both flash and original)

Appleseed

Ranma (All of it!)

Bubblegun Series (Mainly because of Lou Boinnevie's vocals)

Project A-Ko

And the list continues...

Archived