Home

Chime In! (starwarsknights.com suggestions for the staff)

ChAiNz.2da

Greets All!

I just thought I should let you know that there's a new kid on the "chopping" block for the starwarsknights.com website :D

That's right, someone new to yell at.. hehehe... ;)

I was invited to help out with the website, and well, ya' know me... I just can't resist messin' with HTML :dev11:

Sure enough, as soon as I accepted, Darth333 started cracking the whip and put me to work... hehehe j/k :whip1:

Since I'm new to the SWK website staff, I'd like to hear some feedback, suggestions, etc. on things you'd like to see incorporated on the site. We're wanting SWK to be the site to go to for your KotOR/TSL needs... so let's hear it...

I've already started on the NPC's and Feats/Skill sections for now.. trying to complete some missing sections, and doing some minor "facelifts" to the layout. So.. what's missing? What do other sites you visit have that SWK doesn't? Catch any mistakes in spelling or format? Now's your chance!

How about new additions? If you haven't noticed by now, I'd like to invite everyone to the "Featured Mods Section". Just an example of some of the new stuff being introduced to SWK! :emodanc:

Have you written a walkthrough or strategy guide you'd like to share? We want it! Know of any 'unlisted' cheat codes, glitches or easter eggs? Send'm our way!

Please keep in mind the site needs to stay in a "universal" format. There's alot of different staffers working over there so:

It's PHP based so please, no conversions to FLASH, preferably no DHTML, no embedded audio, no frilly (annoying) cursor trackers, etc. Limited Java acceptable as I can code/script Java (yeah, the one type of coding I understand)... but because of PHP, no header insertions will be performed (even though it's possible.. ;) )

We want SWK to be the (your) 'sister site' to the StarWars Knights Forums so please chime in.

Anxiously awaiting...

ChAiNz.2da

p.s. this is suggestions for the website, NOT the LF Forums / Boards...

Hehehe...A new guy...

;)

I'm glad you are updating the NPC section and the feats section. IIRC, they were completely empty...When SWK lets me enter (operation times out when...) I will check out what I feel needs some changing.

Originally posted by MacLeodCorp

:bounc5: First, congrats to ChaiNz.2da the 'Laughing Man'... :clap2:

:grnbounc: What type of artistic license are you allowed with starwarsknights.com?

Thanks! :)

Artistic license is basically, if they don't like it, they'll change it back to the way it was.. (always make archive copies of what you intend to change.. hehehe)...

Keeping it simple for starters. Right now, content and layout is most important. We're not changing the site's Navigation layout or look (as far as I know).. but we are making the content pages easier to read and get around in. A few minor gaphic treatments have been added as well...

You may have already noticed that Darth333 has cleaned up the Strategy/Cheats & the Tools section is now categorized and indexed ;)

NPC sections now have content, and the skills and Feats sections are my next task...

One thing is trying to keep the site within the same overall 'look'. So we're also re-formatting the older pages to 'keep up with the times' so to say... :D

@DarthMoeller

I'm under "gag" order ;) Stay Tuned is all I can say... :dev11: (you won't be disappointed)

However, to anyone, suggestions are welcome on anything... right now is the time to get the requests in since we're working on the site in 'full force'.. might as well implement the new stuff while we're at it .. hehehe..

Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da

However, to anyone, suggestions are welcome on anything... right now is the time to get the requests in since we're working on the site in 'full force'.. might as well implement the new stuff while we're at it .. hehehe..

It would be nice if you added reference material for classes that is annoyingly missing from the manual, such as:

• Defense bonus progression

• Saving throw progression

• Feat progression

• What feats are granted automatically and at what levels.

• What the class specific feats and force powers are and what level you can pick them

• Base skillpoints granted/levelup

That, and a description of what the Droid Interface feat that HK-47 can pick at levelup does. Still haven't been able to figure out its purpose. :)

Indeed, good suggestion stoffe!

and ChAiNz you are doing an amazing job! :)

If you are getting a timed out connection during the next few days, don't worry: we expect the site to be up and down as some work is being performed on the new server but everything should return to normal in a few days.

At the same time, if some of you want to submit material such as walkthroughs, strategies, tips, etc , you are most welcome to do so. Proper credit will be given.

Okie Dokie Folks...

My eyes are literally burning from staring at my computer screen for so long (long day at work AND at home...) but I've managed to do a major-ish overhaul to the NPC's page...

http://www.starwarsknights.com/npcstsl.php

I'd be interested in what you think?

Does the page take too long to load? Is it too cluttered? Do you like it? Do you hate it?.... could I possibly ask anymore questions? hehehe.. :p

Anywho..... if ya' get the chance, hop over there and see what I'm blabbing about ;)

Check out the other skills/feats sections as well... might as well check that too and see if I've missed something (or more than likely screwed something up...)

...gah, I'm going to go get some sleep now...zzzzzzzzz :wornout:

@stoffe

I'm working on several of your suggestions as well.. so as soon as there is something worth noting, I'll be sure to let ya' know :D

ENJOY!

If I may, I'd like to suggest an Influence Guide. I had started one a while ago, but it died along with my HDD.

Bare roots, it would need to include all the INF opportunities (both individual and "global"). With some love and elbow-grease it might even include a Lightside walkthrough and a Darkside walkthrough.

Of course not wanting to be one of those people that bring a problem but not a solution, I'm more than willing to extend a hand with this section.

It's awesome ChAiNz!

Thanks Achilles :)

I started one myself long ago usign tk102's findrefs to find all the spots and the exact dialogue branches where you can gain or loos influence but I never had time to complete it. I'll look if I still have it in my computer. If you are interested, perhaps we could split the work if you are interested. :D

edit: yes, I still have it. For now I only did the loss of influence with Kreia and started with Bao-Dur but I think it's a bit confusing. I am attaching it to this post.

Oops, we can add attachements to an existing post so here it is...suggestions to make it more understandable are welcome :)

The attached document also has a list of the locations in the .dlg files where you loose and gain influence but that's there for working purposes only and would not be part of the guide.

Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da

Okie Dokie Folks...

My eyes are literally burning from staring at my computer screen for so long (long day at work AND at home...) but I've managed to do a major-ish overhaul to the NPC's page...

http://www.starwarsknights.com/npcstsl.php

I'd be interested in what you think?

Does the page take too long to load? Is it too cluttered? Do you like it? Do you hate it?.... could I possibly ask anymore questions? hehehe.. :p

Looks very good, layout and descriptions are done very well. The feat section is also very clear. Didn't take much time to load btw ;)

Originally posted by Darth333

Oops, we can add attachements to an existing post so here it is...suggestions to make it more understandable are welcome :)

The attached document also has a list of the locations in the .dlg files where you loose and gain influence but that's there for working purposes only and would not be part of the guide.

Gee...that looks kinda familiar :D I used a slightly different format. I'll put something together and see what everyone thinks.

The site looks great ChAiNz! The NPC section did take a little longer to load than normal on my cable modem, but I think its worth it. I also checked out the feats section, and I like how you split it up within the sections based on the type of feat. Keep up the good work :)

Originally posted by DarthMoeller

The site looks great ChAiNz! The NPC section did take a little longer to load than normal on my cable modem, but I think its worth it. I also checked out the feats section, and I like how you split it up within the sections based on the type of feat. Keep up the good work :)

Thanks! :)

Though I can't take credit for the sections, that was already done when I came on board (made my life easier though.. hehehe).... ;)

On a sidenote, it seems the server must have done something screwy, it looks as if it has been "set back" about 3 days??? (just recently maybe?) stingerhs mod report is no longer there that he posted last night... weird...

EDIT: well, hmmm.. maybe it was just my browser cache playing a cruel dirty joke on me :fist:... hehehe

... so I've re-uploaded all the new stuff I've done in the past few days. So now I'm not sure exactly what everyone was seeing.. hehehe.. (now I remember why I archive everything ;) )...

Thanks for the feedback everyone, and Achilles that's a great idea! :D

I've been visiting other sites, and I have to say weve got alot over at SWK... but there's so much more that can be done (evil ideas abound)... I've already spotted several things the "other guys" have left out.. so I'm trying to beat them to the punch .. hehehe

Keep those ideas rolling! :D

Originally posted by Achilles

Gee...that looks kinda familiar :D I used a slightly different format. I'll put something together and see what everyone thinks.

oops, the format got screwed up in the process....let's try again...

as for the server weirdness ChAiNz experienced, it's because we just switched to the new server. Downtimes should now be part of the past and loading times should be faster :)

Send me what you have by e-mail Achilles and we'll split the work :)

It would be nice if you added reference material for classes that is annoyingly missing from the manual, such as:

• Defense bonus progression

• Saving throw progression

• Feat progression

• What feats are granted automatically and at what levels.

• What the class specific feats and force powers are and what level you can pick them

• Base skillpoints granted/levelup

That, and a description of what the Droid Interface feat that HK-47 can pick at levelup does. Still haven't been able to figure out its purpose. :)

How's this? ;)

http://www.starwarsknights.com/skillstsl.php

Check out the New Downloads addition and click on the 2 sheets. I'm currently working on a visual representation via website, but hopefully for now these might help you (and others) out...

Let me know what you think (that goes for everyone) :)

** I have noticed that sometimes the second link "Feats Only" loads cluttered. Just hit your Refresh / Reload button and it should fix it right up :D

----------

As for the description of what the Droid Interface feat that HK-47 can pick at levelup does. From what I've been able to gather through questioning and snooping, this was a feat that was supposed to have consequence on the missing Droid Planet. However, since I can't find concrete evidence to support this, I'll take it as hearsay... hehehe ;)

How's this? ;)

http://www.starwarsknights.com/skillstsl.php

Check out the New Downloads addition and click on the 2 sheets. I'm currently working on a visual representation via website, but hopefully for now these might help you (and others) out...

Let me know what you think (that goes for everyone) :)

** I have noticed that sometimes the second link "Feats Only" loads cluttered. Just hit your Refresh / Reload button and it should fix it right up :D

Very cool ChAiNz.2da! I like it a lot. I especially love the character class comparison sheet.

well chainz, i don't have any suggestions or ideas right now, but i do want to say you are doing an awesome job :thumbsup: keep up the good work :)

Though the whole site is a large Team effort, not just me, so the kudos belong to everyone working their tail ends off over there ;)

Glad everone is liking it so far :D

Hopefully we'll have even more goodies soon, so keep an eye out :eyemouth:

Hmmm... There's only one thing I can think of. At the featured mods parts of the site (for KOTOR 1) there's a screenshot of a Jedi fighting some silver Sith Troopers. You could provide a link for where to download that.

I can't think of any other improvments for SWknights. It's a very great, very informative site! :)

Hmmm... There's only one thing I can think of. At the featured mods parts of the site (for KOTOR 1) there's a screenshot of a Jedi fighting some silver Sith Troopers. You could provide a link for where to download that.

I can't think of any other improvments for SWknights. It's a very great, very informative site! :)

This Screenshot?

It's Grif Vindh's Roleplay Padawan Mod. The download link should be just above that screenie here:

http://www.starwarsknights.com/kotor1mods.php

StarWarsKnights.com Update!

Finished up some changes on the Classes Page...

http://www.starwarsknights.com/classestsl.php

Now it's time to start adding some Saber Forms! :D

As always, comments, suggestions, wishlist? I'd love to hear them!

------------------

Gotta run folks, don't want Darth333 to find out I'm not working on the site currently :eek::whip1: hehehe...

Finished up some changes on the Classes Page...

(snip)

As always, comments, suggestions, wishlist? I'd love to hear them!

Looks good. I have a few small suggestions though:

It would be even more useful if the tables said exactly how many skillpoints the classes got at levelup (before INT modifiers) rather than just Slow, Average, Fast etc...

The same thing for feat and force power progression, something a little more exact than the vague Slow/Average/Fast would be more useful. :)

A quicklink to the class-specific feats on the feats page for each class would be useful as well....

Looks good. I have a few small suggestions though:

It would be even more useful if the tables said exactly how many skillpoints the classes got at levelup (before INT modifiers) rather than just Slow, Average, Fast etc...

The same thing for feat and force power progression, something a little more exact than the vague Slow/Average/Fast would be more useful. :)

A quicklink to the class-specific feats on the jedi_feats page for each class would be useful as well....

Will do :thumbsup:

I think I might have enough room in the cells to put specifics, but just in case, the Skills and Feats chart headers are now links pointing to the appropriate pages within the site. On those pages it should have the prerequisites & description for each feat (divided by Jedi/Sith Class).

I'll also put a skill progression chart on the Skills page as well (still on the "to do" list)... Plus there's the "Complete Comparison Chart" link in each Progression Charts that should list alot of vitals per class. (lower left of each chart)...

Thanks for the input stoffe! :D

Archived