Home

Any tips for "Assault on Yavin 4"?

JaWaJake

I'm doing Historical Campaign and I'm having a heck of a time conquering the Rebels here.

Usually I take the center base and lob grenades up into the Rebel base on the other side of the Arena. This works fine until I get shot in the side of the head by oncoming Rebels coming out of the tunnel.

I know this is a one or two dimensional strategy at best, but I'm finding that this is one of the tougher boards to roll straight to victory on.

Is there any kind of spot or perch where I can inflict the heavy casualties and provide cover fire for my ever senseless AI Bots???

its quite simple really, take the centre staright away so be a dark trooper so you can jet down there quickly. them focus on taking the rebel box. once it is taken defend it and man a turret cover the centre and you opposite box. once the rebel forces are all coming in from the main entrance got there and kill them all!:evil1:

A friend of mine says he usually uses the sniper technique from the Empire box to pick off Rebels as they spawn on the other side. I attempted it before, but only racked up like 49 kills which didn't win it for me. He said usually that's sufficient. Hmmmmm.

I hate Yavin I guess. Or vice versa.

• 1 month later...

Bah, you guys aren't very helpful. Those strategies are terrible. I love this level! First choose your basic Stormtrooper or a handy ShockTrooper to knock an explosion when you read on. Rush to the side with YOUR hill from you box. Then turn right and you'll be heading towards their box. You have to stay on the mid-level area. Jump over this block and shoot down any pilots or snipers. Lob grenades at Wookiees or Soldiers. Once you've depleted their little defence, run to the box and hide between the health and ammo droid. Stay there and fend off any incoming or re-spawning AI. After that, the arena should've been captured by your team usually. If not, take 'em down by endlessly jumping in (using the shocktrooper) and blasting rockets, throwing grenades, and placing down mines in random places. After that, the battle is yours.

I normally capture the center CP. Defend it at almost all costs. I stay under the rebel's box and shoot them as they come down the hill. Make sure you turn around and clear out the rebels coming from the tunnels once in a while if your troops are getting overrun. If some of your AI players happen to catch up with you at the bottom of the hill, tell them to provide cover and charge up the hill. You can roll into the side walkway for a little cover while attacking. Take the CP by staying in the back near the healing robots, but watch out for rebels spawning next to you.

If you lose the three center CPs, there are only three main ways to your last CP. Get in a vehicle and stop them at the choke points.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

use a darktrooper...get the center...and start flying to their box with the darktrooper...but throw some nades b4 to clear stuff a bit...after that...just go near the med droid...the rebels spawn mostly in front...almost never to the side...so if you see they're a lot...just throw the nade from behind...try to hold it until it gets neutral...then...wipe them out...all of them.

• 1 month later...

Ok, i had a very nice post and the fraggin site just ATE it..I was logged in but then it said "please log in, Floundericious!" and when I did, it devoured my post and told me I was on an invalid thread!!!!!! ARRR!!!

Ok, the short short version:

..................................................TEMPLE

......................................|Stairs|..............|Stairs|

....................[][][][][][]{}[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]{}[][][][][]

...................[]...........*.........................................*.........[]

...................[]...........*.........................................*.........[]

...................{}..........*.........................................*.........{}

...................[].......BOX A.............CENTER...............BOX B...[]

...................{}..........*.........................................*.........{}

....................[][][][][][]{}[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]{}[][][][][]

......................................|Stairs|..............|Stairs|

..................................................TEMPLE

----------------------------------------------------------------

Friendly CPs: Temple (bottom), BOX A

Enemy CPs: Temple (top), BOX B

Neutral CPs: CENTER

[] = Mezzanine level

* = Walkways beside BOX A/B

{} = Openings in mezzanine walls

1. Spawn at temple as trooper, go ASAP to top of stairs on right side and onto the mezzanine (upper ledge with windows)..maneuver until you're at the opening looking towards BOX B and along the length of the enemy's walkway

2. Strafe enemy soldiers with grenades and rifle fire while your forces take the CENTER cp

3. Maneuver to {} on right near BOX B and continue strafing soldiers until you see friendlies at the bottom of the ramp from the walkway into the pit

4. Work your way, strafing as you go (ESPECIALLY THE TURRET), down to the walkway and approach the BOX B cp

5. Reload your rifle and then charge into BOX B. Go to the med droid, crouch and kill any spawns until CP is yours.

6. Go either to the tunnel where the enemy is entering the arena or out the side passages (to flank the enemy Temple)

Essentially, you're capturing the high ground first, laying suppressing fire on the enemy CP while your forces melee in the middle for the CENTER cp. Then you are catching the enemy in a crossfire and capturing their high-ground CP (even if you've lost the CENTER cp at this point, you can retake it from the high ground). Then you're either helping at the kill zone (tunnel) or are thinning the enemy reinforcements as they try to enter the tunnel. The enemy should deplete and your side should be easily victorious.

That's what I usually do and have no problems...

(EDIT BELOW HERE)

P.S.

The whole tactic behind this is to allow your troops to do what they're going to do anyways (attempt to flood the floor of the arena and then take the boxes and then take the temple). What YOU are doing is thinning out the reinforcements before they can become a threat to your forces. That means that you're not charging headlong into the enemy...rather you're flanking and suppressing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Start at the Imperial CP opposite from the Rebels. Don't go down into the arena. Press "Follow Me" so a couple of your mindless bots will follow you. Go around the outside, go behind the Rebel base, and flank them from the rear. Be sure to be a regular stormtrooper. Keep throwing grenades. Capture the base, and you really have them surrounded. It makes the battle really easy.

• 3 years later...

I can always win this level, as either Imps or Rebs, in Conquest, storyline or Instant, with nothing more than a basic Trooper. But then again, I have mad skillz :p

As Imps - Spawn at your Box, run down to the middle (shouting "follow me" because your AI buddies are just that dumb), capture the Arena. Stand next to a medbot and face the Rebel box, SHOOT ANY SNIPERS before they get you, then run out either the side or the front, whichever has the most Rebels coming through. Shoot them all. Then go to the other place they're coming from and shoot them all. I usually run down the corridor toward their far base, lob a grenade blindly up the stairs, then turn around and head back to the middle. Run up the slope toward their Box, gathering followers when possible, and take their Box. You may lose the Arena in the meantime, but no biggie. Once you have both Boxes, you control the Arena. Push out toward thier last CP (Gate?) and mow 'em down.

As Rebs - same thing, mirror image. Take and defend the Arena, then take their Box. It takes a few tries but you'll eventually get it.

As either side, it helps if you move to the area just under their Box and lob a few grenades up there. Try not to hit the bots in back though, you may need them yourself.

Frankly, the other Yavin map is tougher and swingier than this one.

• 1 year later...

My strategy yo win that map as Empire is to play as a Dark Trooper, and jump to the CP at the far other side of the map. Stay at the top of that structure untill you have captured the CP and pick off any rebels that appear there with you. And it is best to do it at the start of the battle, not toward the end when the rebels have way more guys that you.

• 3 weeks later...

as imps be the dark trooper jump to the middle box and capture it and STAY there and hold it until more imps come along and help even they have no brains and KILL each other then get yourself killed (just do it) be a sniper and get on top of YOU'RE box and kill the rebs always works for me!!!!!! :mauls:

Archived