Home

F.E.A.R. :O

RpTheHotrod

Originally posted by TiE 23

Oooo, I thought that was Matrix? OOOO!!!!

TiE

Actually it was John Woo... or maybe even someone else before that... :p

(or if you are talking GAMES then i'm pretty sure Requiem: Avenging Angel had it well before Max Payne)

Ever since cheap Japanese horror-attempts got popular, little girls are the scariest thing ever, it seams.

No, its the chicks with their hair over their face that are the scariest thing ever. Sadako from the Ring still scares the pants off me... *shudder*

Originally posted by IG-64

Let's not get bullet time mixed up with slow motion. >_>

But in the original Max Payne all it was was slow motion. And in the original Matrix it was pretty much just slow motion as well (at least for the iconic scenes of the hall shootout and neo falling backwards).

It wasn't until games like JO all started including the effect that it became some sort of speedup. And fear is doing it in the slow-motion form... just like Requiem and Hardboiled...

Actually, those screenshots kind of remind me of a super-enhanced Requiem... same type of weapon, similar looking soldier/supernatural enemies.

Still, monolith do great, but underrated games... so it should be cool.

Yeah, but i've always used the term "bullet-time" for the method they use in movies for achieving extremely slow motion (or no motion with a panning shot) by setting up regular picture cameras on a track and having them shoot at precise times. Said method was started in 1981, then taken further (and named) in the proccess of making The Matrix. :)

bullet time in the john woo sense, is only the ability for yun-fat chow to spit more rounds out of his twin pistols, perminute, than any other person on the planet. :)

anyway, i always liked monolith games, hopefully this will be good and allow them to develope N.O.L.F. 3 :D

Well, Chow Yun Fat is god. :D

IG: Ok. But by that definition no games have "bullet time". ;)

I first remember seeing that technique in BBC wildlife documentaries a year or two before the Matrix... though i'm sure it existed in some form before then.

NOLF rocked (and NOLF2 simultaneously improved lots of things and ruined others)... but i don't think either sold very well unfortunately. So I'm not holding my breath that they will release another.

Originally posted by toms

Well, Chow Yun Fat is god. :D

IG: Ok. But by that definition no games have "bullet time". ;)

I first remember seeing that technique in BBC wildlife documentaries a year or two before the Matrix... though i'm sure it existed in some form before then.

Since atleast the 80's, the thing was it was never placed as an exhibit like in the Matrix movies.

if you like NOLF you might want to try XIII. It isn't as good, but it has a few similarities and is pretty fun if you don't expect too much.

the best bit is that you can pick up chairs and things and whack people over the head with them. :D

Originally posted by toms

if you like NOLF you might want to try XIII. It isn't as good, but it has a few similarities and is pretty fun if you don't expect too much.

the best bit is that you can pick up chairs and things and whack people over the head with them. :D

I already have XIII...and you're right, it isn't anywhere near as good as NOLF. :/

Originally posted by StormHammer

I already have XIII...and you're right, it isn't anywhere near as good as NOLF. :/

Both got the same humerous overheard conversations though (i love the bits in XII where the guards start singing), and the same annoyingly implemented stealth bits (though i would probably say XII has better stealth mechanics), NOLF had the cool gadgets, XII has the VERY cool way you can pick lots of stuff up and throw it at people, or break it over their heads.

NOLF is definatley better, but NOLF with a few bits of XIII in it would be great.

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

NOLF = No one Lives Forever I assume ?

Bullet time games .... so 2002 :p

I played XIII....not my cup o tea

yes astro stick to your rpgs and hackn slashers :D

mtfbwya

Your absolutely right, but it STILL was a different take on game play, and was a HELL of alot of fun in Max Payne. In fact they used it better in Max Payne, then in that stupid Enter The Matrix game. :(

They are making another stupid matrix game where you actually get to play as neo through all three films... but i'm not sure anyone cares about the matrix anymore...do they?

*remembers when everyone had matrix sigs*

Archived