Home

Boba Fett

CortoCG

Originally posted by Pahricida

think he looks a little too bulky round the hips.

:fett:

What do you mean by bulky? The proportions are right, and everything is in place. I modelled the body from scratch using more than 50 reference images and a hi-res model of Boba Fett.

I agree. I don't think its bulky at all. I think the previous mandalorians have all been a little skinny to be honest (especially NeoMarz's). Nice work mate. Can't wait to see the end result. Would you consider doing some alterations for a Jango model?

On a small note, the yellow shoulder plates look a little low ingame. I'll see if I can find a better reference picture, but in the meantime, have a look at these to see what I mean.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/bobafett/img/movie_bg.jpg

http://www.bobafettmp.com/multimedia/images/cutscenes/images/cut-08.jpg

http://www.bobafettmp.com/multimedia/images/cutscenes/images/cut-15.jpg

Originally posted by CortoCG

What do you mean by bulky? The proportions are right, and everything is in place. I modelled the body from scratch using more than 50 reference images and a hi-res model of Boba Fett.

I wouldnt worry too much about those kinds of comments... I get these criticisms myself. I have to say it looks really good, unfortunately when I did my Mandolorians model pack I did in fact make them a bit to skinny. I had someone else doing the weights (Psyko pat)... and I kind of pushed him to get the weights going before spending more time on mesh tweaks. I was still learning the process steps at the time, and didnt realize that the mesh needed to be fully tweaked before weights...

Dont change the model (thats my opinion), it looks spot on. If people want a skinny Boba, they can download my model :angel: Marzout!

Thanks Neo. After the inmense research work I did, I wasn't going to change the mesh over a single comment. Actually, I'm making a new Boba Fett cuz I hate the first one I did =P.

Anyway, the ingame shots have been updated, plus some more. Check them out on the first post!

Point made. Another point though. Theres a bit of a gap betweem the chest plate and the belt. Do you think you could perhaps either increase the size of the chest plate slightly to narrow it down, or just edit the gap down a little?

Hope this does'nt sound too fussy.:o

Good work on the shoulder pads, by the way.:) Looking real nice now.

To Pahricida: I didn't think of it as a ranting, I just didn't know what were you talking about, much less I guessed it was about the legs. The Boba Fett in your picture has the cago pockets empty. I can imagine mine has ammo or supplies, dunno. I think you're also pointing that my model has baggy trousers around the knee pads. That's on purpose =P.

To Daskers: I see what you mean. In all the reference the armor is attached to a second shirt, which is smaller than the jumpsuit. I modeled that shirt on top of the jumpsuit. Right now it looks like a huge gap between the belt with pockets an the armor plate.

vaya skin te estas currando Corto mamon!!, Great, also i like the legs how they are, just wait to see a skin over it, and as for the belt size, with a skin under it in the body should be the thing to do..

Anyway i like it, great job mamoncete! :D

I'm going really slow with this one. I don't wanna rush any of the texture just to release the model. I might go back once in a while and rework things like the armor or the helmet. I'll texture the gauntlets next, and then the jetpack. Clothing goes at last.

Great way to model CortoCG!

I really like your work ethics behind this, i.e. take all the time it takes to do it right. Also, appreciate the way you take to advice and ideas.

Keep it up man.;)

(P.s. Just for the record, I'm trying to get my username changed to Sienar , so if you see a future post of that name, to quote Han Solo, 'Its me!'.)

Originally posted by CortoCG

The shader only applies specularity on the knee pads and the metallic parts of the helmet. The model is obviously mostly untextured.

I was just wondering, as Psykosith sounded as if there had been a shader problem at one time.

One thing .. I think his rocket is a tad bit too tall... The tallest I remember it being... was roughly the height of his little "eye-piece" attachment on the side of his helmet.

It may seem like a nitpick thing, but it being above his head draws a little more of my attention. Just thought I'd mention it. :)

Pysko referred to a shader problem I was having with the helmet, but now it's working okay.

And you are right, I checked again with the movies and the reference pictures and the rocket is too tall, hehe, I would say a lot.

Thanks for hint on that IB, I fixed it.

Is not annoying is just a question, is not even a request.

As soon as I have the model done I'll check on OJP and see how many features I can add to it, and even make a small Boba Fett mod, where you could earn credits instead of force points, bla bla bla...

I'll prolly compile a new set of humanoid animations, removing all the saber movements, changing the flight animation for Boba and making new anims for the shooting sequences, gauntlet shooting, etc.

Archived