Home

Bastila's choice of lightsabers

Char Ell

I just got through reading this biography and I believe it to be the best possible explanation of this topic. I also liked the way it mentioned Zez-Kai Ell as being the only other Jedi during that era to have wielded the weapon.

Personally, I like the weapons, but only if wielded by female characters (light or dark side notwithstanding). (I may have mentioned that in an earlier thread in the Ahto Cantina.) Male characters are too proportionally large in the game to make it look good.

the duble bladed lightsabers are only asccoiated w/ the darkside because its a traditional weapon and therefore probably has a deeper meaning to them than the jedi. However the jedi view it simply as a lightsaber nothing more.

as for why bastilla chose the duble blade: it had nothing to do with her mind being infested with the vile thoughts of the darkside, being influenced by revan or having revans will imprinted on her very soul; odds are she just felt that it was time for her skill to reach a new level or maybe she lost another and thought she would build another to show her transcendence from a lowly padawan. or it was a psycology thing to mae it seem like a long time age since they didn't say the time difference or show the age difference of anyone.

Originally posted by PsionicBeverage

However the jedi view it simply as a lightsaber nothing more.

That's not what Master Zhar said...

The link Bastila posted to the Wikipedia article about herself :D is quite good. Considering though that Wikipedia articles are created by whomever wants to sign up to be an editor...

I don't know about that whole "canonical" reference to the light side ending of KotOR.

the duble bladed lightsabers are only asccoiated w/ the darkside because its a traditional weapon and therefore probably has a deeper meaning to them than the jedi. However the jedi view it simply as a lightsaber nothing more.

as for why bastilla chose the duble blade: it had nothing to do with her mind being infested with the vile thoughts of the darkside, being influenced by revan or having revans will imprinted on her very soul; odds are she just felt that it was time for her skill to reach a new level or maybe she lost another and thought she would build another to show her transcendence from a lowly padawan. or it was a psycology thing to mae it seem like a long time age since they didn't say the time difference or show the age difference of anyone.

Well, that's one interpretation. One that I don't agree with and doesn't seem to be supported by the devs, but nonetheless...

Well, that's one interpretation. One that I don't agree with and doesn't seem to be supported by the devs, but nonetheless...

my explanation is completely unfounded on anything other than the way it psycologicaly affect people or makes them think if the devs don't realise it then they made this immersive experience by fluke not design.

P.s could you find me a link or two to dev articles i'd love to see what they think

my explanation is completely unfounded on anything other than the way it psycologicaly affect people or makes them think if the devs don't realise it then they made this immersive experience by fluke not design.

P.s could you find me a link or two to dev articles i'd love to see what they think

Your argument might make more sense with punctuation. As for a link, there isn't one. Since the devs made the story and the story implies (to some of us) that the switch to the double-saber was a manifestation of Bastila's bonding with Revan (a Sith Lord), then the devs seem to be supporting the theory.

Again, it's just another theory. How you intend to support your theory is what I'm waiting for.

The double-bladed lightsaber, to my knowledge, was created by Exar Kun and since then, there have been fewer and fewer users.

After Darth Bane, all Sith (with the exception of Darth Maul) used single bladed lightsabers (because there was rarely any need for a lightsaber during those 1000 years).

Anyways, the Jedi in KotOR saga used the double-bladed lightsaber for double-defense while the Sith used it for double-offense.

In TSL, does't Vrook use a double bladed lightsaber and his not DS, so it means nothing really if you have a doubke blanded it just means your maybe better at combat with double then single or you just good really, but i think it has nothing to do with the DS or Revan really.

Originally posted by Bastila

In TSL, does't Vrook use a double blanded lightsaber and his not DS, so it means nothing really if you have a doubke blanded it just means your maybe better at combat with double then single or you just good really, but i think it has nothing to do with the DS or Revan really.

Master Zez Kai Ell does (the biker Jedi)... but you're right (IMO) about his not being DS affiliated.. :)

Not really sure on the 'canon' definition, but it seems that most people affiliate the double-saber with the DS (based on TPM by introducing Darth Maul using one)...

Me personally, I just see it as just another tool for Force users...just like any other weaponry no matter the genre, that's just me though ;)

Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da

Me personally, I just see it as just another tool for Force users...just like any other weaponry no matter the genre, that's just me though ;)

Thats all i see it as, no connection to LS or DS at all just a tool, a symbol to show you as a force user.

well you see my theory is just based off the fact that the double bladed saber is a symbol to the sith and just another saber to the jedi, just like bastil posted.

Since the devs made the story and the story implies (to some of us) that the switch to the double-saber was a manifestation of Bastila's bonding with Revan

but wait if thats true how come revan uses a single blade?

POP!

oops there goes your theory you may wish to coble together another...

p.s i don't pay attention to punctuation when im typing i even posted about this before in the suggestion forum.

Since we're operating within the construct of the game the devs made and the devs stated that the double-bladed saber is an offensive weapon preferred by Dark Jedi, then I think my theory is pretty sound.

There is obviously no reasoning with you, so I'm just going to drop it.

...and my comment re: punctuation was there because I couldn't understand what you were saying without it; not because I'm a stickler. I, for one, don't like having to guess where the sentence ends.

srry about that. I find it hard to read emotions in forums i guess thats why we invented smilies.

but revan still doesn't use a double blade so the double blade probably didn't come from there.

anyways your probably right we should drop it and move on.

Archived