Home

[REL]Holowan Plugin

Wow this has been a long time coming. I bet everybody was starting to think that it would never arrive. Well it has and No I haven't been blowing smoke. It's just been a matter of various delays and setbacks numbering quite highly.

A patch has been uploaded to pcgamemods. You will need to download this as well as the main mod and simply overwrite the files that it prompts you too.

From the Readme:

The TSL Holowan Plugin v1.03/v1.04/v1.05

Authors: Darkkender.

Version release notes:

vs 1.03: Pcgamemods released version available for download only at Pcgamemods.

vs 1.04: Lucasfiles released version available for download only at Lucasfiles.

vs 1.05: Jumpstastionz released version available for download only at Jumpstationz.

If you have downloaded one of theses versions from a site not listed above it is to be considered pirated. All releases will be made by myself or one of my designated associates at Holowan Labs.

Description:

The TSL Holowan Plugin is a collection of various mods by myself and a variety of different modders from the Holowan Labs. One of it's main purposes was to provide compatibility for other mods out there.

Installation Instructions:

You will find 4 folders within this mod. Simply copy the contents of these folders into the folders by the same name within your SWKOTOR2 main directory.

Launcher -> launcher folder(Overwrite existing files(PS it's ok I've backed up the originals for you. The originals have a 2 added to there name.)

StreamSounds -> StreamSounds folder(if your prompted to overwrite you'll be okay as it would be caused by the original mod that used these sounds that has been included in the plugin.

Override -> Override folder(You already know the story here but please refer to compatibilities before adding these files.)

You will also find a dialog.tlk file within the Holowan Plugin. Prior to overwriting the original I would recomend making a folder titled backup and copying the original into there. Once you've backed up the original then overwrite it with the one included in the Plugin.

Compatibilities:

The "TSL Holowan Plugin" is compatible with "The USM" simply install the "USM" mod prior to The "TSL Holowan Plugin" and overwrite all of the files it prompts you too. Do not install the Plugin first and then overwrite it's files with those from other mods.

Please refer to the "Credits" folder as it includes seperate text files for different modders listing which of there mods were used as well as folders containing the original readmes of those mods.

V1.03/v1.04/v1.05 notes:

I fixed some bugs from the original release archive that hadn't gotten uploaded yet.

Special Thanks:

Fred Tetra -- Wherever you are you are missed.

TK102 -- All of your recent tools have been extra handy.

Cchargin -- What can I say but MDLOPs & KMM.

Darth333 -- Whereami? Oh there I am.

Redhawke -- Please correct me if I'm wrong. <Activates Armband>Correction made. </Activates Armband>

T7Nowhere -- Phenomal Moderator Powers.

Prime -- Optimus doesn't hold a candle to you man.

Darth Melignous -- For all of your extra work you put into this mod for me.

Chainz.2da -- Age is but a number it's the wisdom that you gain with that number that determines how old you are. FYI That makes me older.:D

Cate Kroft -- You better not have left the party at Holowan yet.

Mono -- Guess what? Tach butt.:p

Achilles -- I think it may be Jedi Counsel Recruit mod for TSL time now man.

Stoffe -mkb- -- I've really got to get the one up on you finished. ;)

To anybody else out there watch out you may be thanked next.

Contact Darkkender via PM at the Holowan Labs or at the release thread for this mod.

Alright let it be know that this mod comes in at around 170MB. What does that mean to the average downloader you ask? Simply put is this if you don't have high speed internet and cannot get access to it through friends or family you may have to go without. The reason is even with high speed it may take nearly an hour and a half to download. If you have dial-up think more like a day and a half. If you really want this mod and you have exhausted every option at least 3 times over contact me via pm and we'll see what we can do.

And without further ado you may download it from the following locations.

http://www.pcgamemods.com/14521

http://www.jumpstationz.com/Darkkender/HolowanPlugin.htm

The Patch

The Patch (Direct Download @ JumpStationZ)

Bunk has been so kind as to upload a rar containing a tga that was causing a glitch. I will release a updated patch later that includes this.

TGA Fix Patch

Mav's Comm Panel dialogue fix.

here

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Darkkender

Chainz.2da -- Age is but a number it's the wisdom that you gain with that number that determines how old you are. FYI That makes me older.:D

:p hehehe...

Looks great man! :thumbsup:

I have Comcast High Speed and it took about 3-5 minutes... so no worries there (for high speeders that is)... w00t! 1st download.. hehehe :emodanc:

I'll post the JumpStationZ version probably tomorrow :D (thanks again)...

EDIT: Done! It's up over at my site as well bro. I'll keep ya' updated on how it goes...

but again, awesome work! I know this had to have been really fun to do ;)

Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da

:p hehehe...

Looks great man! :thumbsup:

I have Comcast High Speed and it took about 3-5 minutes... so no worries there (for high speeders that is)... w00t! 1st download.. hehehe :emodanc:

I'll post the JumpStationZ version probably tomorrow :D (thanks again)...

but again, awesome work! I know this had to have been really fun to do ;)

The most fun was in playtesting with the USM.

Very cool Darkkender! :thumbsup:

But I do have a question... What took you so long? :xp:

J/K! :D

Redhawke -- Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Ok DK, you asked for it... He he he!

Overide -> Overide floder

Override has 2 r's in it, and folder is mispelled too! :p

*Notices Darkkender glaring my direction... flees quickly from thread!*

GREAT to see this out I've got my fresh copy of TSL on a pc waiting for it now. It was a hoot making all of the extras you wanted and was glad to be part :thumbsup: Hope to work with ya again sometime ;)

I'm off to download the posted version over at PCgameMODS now!!!

General Kenobi

"aka" Darth Melignous ;)

~

I just reinstalled Kotor II and I just installed this mod with the USM mod.

Seems like a great mod!!!

ONE problem though...when I started a new game and clicked the recommend button for my attributes, all my attributes jumped to 18!!! (For a grand total of 96 pts)

I'm not sure if this is suppose to happen...

~

Originally posted by yohan

~

ONE problem though...when I started a new game and clicked the recommend button for my attributes, all my attributes jumped to 18!!! (For a grand total of 96 pts)

~

Now that sounds like I feature I'd like :D

Download Time FYI: @125KB your looking at 15-20 minutes (that's what mine took)

Originally posted by yohan

~

~

So you found my "Easter Egg.":D I put that in there just to see how many people use that quick character method of creation. However having tested the game using that option let me tell you that it will still never help you enough to matter when in combat. Unless of course you have the proper equipment. Might I recomend one of the various jedi armors you can make at Darkkender's workbench aboard the Ebon Hawk.:p

@Mono: I was wondering who would take notice of my special credits section first.

@Redhawke: Wow! Only 2 spelling errors in the readme that was typed on 2 hours of sleep. I think that's pretty good.:cool:

Originally posted by T7nowhere

It looks good Darkkender.

My only complaint would be the lack of an easy to read inventory about the bigger changes, like the ones to do with the 2da's.

I look forward to your next Plug-in release.

If you have a recomendation I would welcome whatever suggestions you might have as I know I can be forgetful and flaky when it comes to documentation.

I do have a few changes already in the works that will be patches which should include making certain of compatibilities with the USM patches which I missed.

Also to further expand on what Chainz.2da mentioned above for everyone. I am assigning different version numbers to different sites as a way of Monitoring if a site is hosting my mod without my permission. It is also a great way of finding out who's site the file was pirated from just by checking the version number.

Originally posted by General Kenobi

DK, I'm having "issues" with the install

It went:

USM

Both patches for USM

Plugin

It loads the launcher with the buttons I did then just loads normally after that. When I go into create a new head for either male or female it doesn't have any but the in game ones. :confused:

You're not using subfolders are you?

[ Doh posted after guy figured it out :p ]

Side question.

The descriptions and icons for Force Aura and Force Armor power chains are both borked up for me. Both are listing other powers (Force Aura seems to like listing Force Armor descriptions for itself, Force Armor has Dominate Mind listed for its opening power), descriptions, and icons.

Originally posted by reiella

[ Doh posted after guy figured it out :p ]

Side question.

The descriptions and icons for Force Aura and Force Armor power chains are both borked up for me. Both are listing other powers (Force Aura seems to like listing Force Armor descriptions for itself, Force Armor has Dominate Mind listed for its opening power), descriptions, and icons.

That is one bug I have still been working on. There were about 3 mods previously that affected the dialogue.tlk file. I'm certain this has to be resolved there. Untill I can find the error you can use the original dialogue.tlk file that you did backup right. The only problem is there will be some invalid tlk entries for other elements in the game.

I found a slight problem. When starting a new game and going through all the new heads, I noticed that the Uthar head used Bandon's portrait and vice versa. Just thought I'd let you know about that. Again, great job DK :thumbsup:

EDIT: Also, while going through Female heads, I noticed that one of the default heads now uses MacLeodCorp's Bastila portrait.

Originally posted by DarthMoeller

I found a slight problem. When starting a new game and going through all the new heads, I noticed that the Uthar head used Bandon's portrait and vice versa. Just thought I'd let you know about that. Again, great job DK :thumbsup:

EDIT: Also, while going through Female heads, I noticed that one of the default heads now uses MacLeodCorp's Bastila portrait.

I'll double check it however just to make certain what other mods do you have installed now?

Originally posted by Darkkender

I'll double check it however just to make certain what other mods do you have installed now?

Well for head mods I have Mav's Fixed Billy Goad Chin Head, and t7's 2 new heads, but those 2 were installed after the plugin, since I just overwrote the heads.2da, portraits.2da, and appearance.2da. I shouldn't have any other mods that would cause that to happen, though if you need a complete list then tell me and I'll figure it out.

Archived