Home

great, now what's next???

stingerhs

Futurama is a great show. Is there even virtual sex in GTA? I know in GTA III/VC that when you pick up a prostitute, the car shakes, but that's it-- if you look in the car, they are just sitting in their seats while your health counter goes up.

Watching Sims mating....why? It's more fun(I think) to make them burn their house down or kill each other off then to watch them mate.

Its just pointless. Next thing they'll go for (after video games) will probably be books 'cause "Books have letters that, when rearranged, may have suggestive themes." Is it a job requirement that politicians have to be over-inflated windbags in need of a good assasination?

Originally posted by Hallucination

Its just pointless. Next thing they'll go for (after video games) will probably be books 'cause "Books have letters that, when rearranged, may have suggestive themes." Is it a job requirement that politicians have to be over-inflated windbags in need of a good assasination?

LOL!

Also, the thought police will be set up ti stop people thinking the wrong thoughts.....wait, that;s already happening over here....

"Also, because of the movie "The Wedding Crashers" (a very very good movie) a new law is being passed to make it illegal to have/wear/manufacture/sell fake Purple Heart medals, and a portion of the Wedding Crashers website has been removed because of this. Stupid politicians ruining our fun."-Bimmerman850csi

Well I'm not a war vet. but I find "fake" purple hearts or any type of metal awarded to the US officers in our armed forces an insult to no end. Those poor boys and men had legs and arms blown off, presented extreme valor, etc. to be awarded that high honor by our country. To do that is akin to using the US flag as toilet paper.

It's in bad taste and not something to be made light of. I imagine the Vietnam vet sitting in a wheelchair when someone comes up and show them the exact metal (he has almost died to earn for his country) like his and says "did you get yours for $6.00 as well?" would not find that funny.

To have the "lets make up 500 hundred copies and give them out as party favors" attitude I would think would be very insulting indeed.

I agree that for that instance that was mentioned in a movie was silly BUT the law is a valid one that would have the "side effect" of protecting the validity and honor of being awarded by our nation a metal to commerate you for your sacrifice and bravery for our country.

Originally posted by General Kenobi

"Also, because of the movie "The Wedding Crashers" (a very very good movie) a new law is being passed to make it illegal to have/wear/manufacture/sell fake Purple Heart medals, and a portion of the Wedding Crashers website has been removed because of this. Stupid politicians ruining our fun."-Bimmerman850csi

Well I'm not a war vet. but I find "fake" purple hearts or any type of metal awarded to the US officers in our armed forces an insult to no end. Those poor boys and men had legs and arms blown off, presented extreme valor, etc. to be awarded that high honor by our country.

I agree wholeheartedly (and not just american soldiers, but my country's as well. :) )

Originally posted by General Kenobi

Well I'm not a war vet. but I find "fake" purple hearts or any type of metal awarded to the US officers in our armed forces an insult to no end. Those poor boys and men had legs and arms blown off, presented extreme valor, etc. to be awarded that high honor by our country. To do that is akin to using the US flag as toilet paper.

I agree completely. although I will never beable to go into the armed forces do to medical reasons. I have family memebers and friends of the family over in iraq right now and I find it an absolute disgrace for something like that to be made

that is just my 2 cents:D

After reading the article a few days ago, what can I say?

GTA:SA had a legitimate reason for its AO rating... but I draw the line at The Sims 2. I haven't tried out the second installment yet(I'll get around to it eventually :)), and I was a huge fan of the orginal and its expansions(only got up to House Party... fun fun fun). But now today, Jack Thompson makes me a sad puppy. :(

I say we stand up to him and form GAOP (Gamers Against Opportunistic Politicians). :D

Archived