Home

Fickle Kreia

gonzzalez

OK....I just finished the dark side playthrough of the game. The light side ending seemed to be a bit better but anyhooo, what I wanted to was

:

when you get to Dantooine after having killed the jedi masters , why does Kreia go off on one at me and say I have failed her, I mean she was giving me advice on how to defeat them so what exactly is her problem?

:confused:

Originally posted by gonzzalez

OK....I just finished the dark side playthrough of the game. The light side ending seemed to be a bit better but anyhooo, what I wanted to was

:

when you get to Dantooine after having killed the jedi masters , why does Kreia go off on one at me and say I have failed her, I mean she was giving me advice on how to defeat them so what exactly is her problem?

Havent got that far yet but she is certainly a weird one i dont trust her one bit.:D

:

She is dissapointed in you. You did not learn anything from the Jedi Masters as they fell before you. Not of battle, but of the force.

...or, it could be that there's cut content for that module.

:

She wanted you to argue with them and show them the error of their ways. She says so herself.

Originally posted by The_Maker

But then SHE kills them anyways so it doesn't really matter....

:rolleyes:

See thats what i hate you

Kill them then if your LS, she kills them anyway so either way they die.

and then if your LS, she still kinda has a go at you and in the final battle.

Originally posted by THE VIGILANTE

Kreia certainly is a confusing character.

She helps you all along, she makes you listen to her boring rants, she says that you should trust her, and in the end, she

Trys to kill you

Something's wrong with that

What I got from the ending was that:

She originally wanted to die, and forces you to kill her. She makes some statements, which were similar to Obi-Wan's in Episode IV & IV.

Kriea kept saying, the Exile will do what others cannot, and what she cannot. From that statement, I thought she was talking about killing her, and ending her connection to the force through becoming one with it. Since the Council exiled her, for some action, Kriea fell so far into darkness, and wanted you to end her suffering.

As for the Jedi Council, I interprit Vrook's actions to be cowardly. Instead of trying to understand what has gone wrong, he would rather kill you. Now, that is unbecoming of any Jedi. Consolar Class Jedi by their nature are Jedi who bring darkness to light, but they try to turn people away from darkness. Luke in 'Return of the Jedi' was Consolar Class, and he revailed a darkness, and turned his father back to the lightside. However, it is a little confussing to what Lukes class was, for at one point he had a Guardian 'Blue', White, and then the Consolar 'Green' crystal.

When the Council 'Exiled' you I thought that was also unbecoming of a Jedi, for there base nature is to reveal the darkness, but they ran from it. Yoda and Ben went into Self-Exile, for they were the only two left, and are no match for Vader and Emporer combined. Vrook was capable, and he had two other Jedi to help him.

Plus, Vrook in KotOR I, was all for Revan, and then he was completely against Revan. I guess War does that to you?

I may be missing something, so please feel free to fill in.

Note that the Exile got Exiled before Kotor 1. So Vrook was of course against revan because he was a Sith lord. In Kotor 1, vrook was for revan because he saw hope.

Kriea Hated the force. She wanted the Force to Die. And The exile was a wound in the force. She just wanted to make that Wound larger.

For Luke: he never had a White lightsaber crystal, thats poor Movie F/X for you. notice that the lightsabers werent as they were today in 1977.

His Father Was a Guadian, and in ESB and ANH he had his Father's Lightsaber. it was never his.

In RoTJ, my theory is a clear one, that when Luke went to Ben Kenobi's house to build his new lightsaber, he found Qui-Gon's lightsaber and took the crystal from it to power his own lightsaber.

However, it is a little confussing to what Lukes class was, for at one point he had a Guardian 'Blue', White, and then the Consolar 'Green' crystal.

The movies don't adhere to the rules of RPGs. Lightsaber colors are a matter of preference, not class.

In RoTJ, my theory is a clear one, that when Luke went to Ben Kenobi's house to build his new lightsaber, he found Qui-Gon's lightsaber and took the crystal from it to power his own lightsaber.

Wow, that's an awesome theory.

Originally posted by Bobo

No...

Luke created a synthetic crystal for his lightsaber. He found instructions for synthetic crystals in a book Obi-Wan had left behind. This method was very similar to the method used by Darth Maul (who also prefered synthetic crystals than real ones).

You can find that information in the "Shadows of the Empire" novel.

PS -

Obi-Wan gave Qui-Gon's lightsaber away to his second padawan.

Of course he didn't give this saber to Luke in the literal sense, sry for the confusion -_-

Obi-Wan kept Qui-Gon's saber in his hide on Tattooine, also as a reminder. It's in the time before Return of the Jedi when Luke returns to Obi-Wan's hut to finish his Jedi training, especially to build his own lightsaber. To accomplish this, he searched the hut for materials Obi-Wan had stored. It was then when he discovered Qui-Gon's lightsaber and again kept it (and didn't use it, just to make that clear) as a reminder of his master Obi-Wan.

Originally posted by Smilodon

Of course he didn't give this saber to Luke in the literal sense, sry for the confusion -_-

Obi-Wan kept Qui-Gon's saber in his hide on Tattooine, also as a reminder. It's in the time before Return of the Jedi when Luke returns to Obi-Wan's hut to finish his Jedi training, especially to build his own lightsaber. To accomplish this, he searched the hut for materials Obi-Wan had stored. It was then when he discovered Qui-Gon's lightsaber and again kept it (and didn't use it, just to make that clear) as a reminder of his master Obi-Wan.

Oh thanks for clearing that up.

^^^^

NO.

Luke was his third padawan. His second padawan was Zayed Dus.

Qui-Gon appeared to Obi-Wan and told him that he should train him. At the end of the training, Qui-Gon requested that Obi-Wan give away his lightsaber.

It was hard for Obi-Wan, but it was a test. If Obi-Wan gave it away, then he had no attachments to it and he was a true Jedi, if not, well he still had much to learn.

:p Obi-Wan only had 1 Padawan. It was Anakin. However, Luke was Yoda's Padawan, Obi-wan only started him off.

Luke found a book on how to Build lightsabers, and a Schematic of Obi-Wan's lightsaber, incase old ben ever needed to repair it or replace it.

Luke used the schematic, And thats how his lightsaber came out almost identical as Obi-Wans.

Synthetic Crystals are more Powerful then Regular crystals, and usually come out 99% of the time as red. Its a Sith practice, since they usually cant get access to Crystal Deposits, and that doing synthetic ones is stronger.

Plus, you must take all of the movies into mind. Luke using Qui-Gon's Crystal is the most Obvious theory, as how Obi-Wan began collecting Lightsabers in the Prequals (Qui-Gon's and Anakin's lol)

Heh im guessing he put them all in that big Trunk.

As EU clearly explains things, always look to the movies first, and put together the Peices.

(did a Star Wars Search and a Google on Zayed Dus. Nothing of a Star Wars Zayed Dus, not even a non-Jedi.)

Originally posted by Bobo

:p Obi-Wan only had 1 Padawan. It was Anakin. However, Luke was Yoda's Padawan, Obi-wan only started him off.

Luke found a book on how to Build lightsabers, and a Schematic of Obi-Wan's lightsaber, incase old ben ever needed to repair it or replace it.

Luke used the schematic, And thats how his lightsaber came out almost identical as Obi-Wans.

Synthetic Crystals are more Powerful then Regular crystals, and usually come out 99% of the time as red. Its a Sith practice, since they usually cant get access to Crystal Deposits, and that doing synthetic ones is stronger.

Plus, you must take all of the movies into mind. Luke using Qui-Gon's Crystal is the most Obvious theory, as how Obi-Wan began collecting Lightsabers in the Prequals (Qui-Gon's and Anakin's lol)

Heh im guessing he put them all in that big Trunk.

As EU clearly explains things, always look to the movies first, and put together the Peices.

(did a Star Wars Search and a Google on Zayed Dus. Nothing of a Star Wars Zayed Dus, not even a non-Jedi.)

I should clarify things.

Zayed Dus was given Qui-Gon's lightsaber in the comic book series: Star Wars Tales which was released by Dark Horse comics.

It never really states that Zayed Dus was his apprentice, but I guess he was a Jedi (presumably that surived the purge) that found Obi-Wan. The reason why it isn't in the Databanks, is probably because of the Comics. It wasn't a novel, so it probably never got as much attention as it should have.

:D

Archived