Home

CORUSCANT: CITY released!

Rends

SWBF_Coruscantlogo.JPG

get it at:

http://gametoast.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=getit&lid=129

Notice: if you have downloaded this map in the first 2 hours after release please download it again. I simple forget to include the ingame minimap so i had to upload the map again. Sorry for the mess!

From the Readme:

CORUSCANT: CITY

Version: 1.1

Made by "Rends"

The Coruscant: City map can be played at both eras.

Historical Background:

Clone Wars era: A battle blazes above Coruscant, General Grievous has just made a daring abduction of the Chancellor. The expendable CIS droids used as a distraction have remained on the surface to take whatever they can and cuase whatever damage to Republic Forces Possible. The Clones Must eliminate the droid threat.

Galactic Civil War era: Rebel Alliance's Recent Victory at Endor Has left the Empire in Disary. The populous in Coruscant is in an Uprising*. However the Imperials have manage to secure the area near the former senate building, where the Imperial Leaders of Coruscant are plotting to subdue the The Rebel Alliance must take this area from imperial Control, and finally completely overthow Imperial Control of Coruscant.

*As seen at the end of the 1997 and later edition of Return of the Jedi.

Installation: Copy the folder "corus1" to your "Star Wars Battlefront/GameData/AddOn" directory.

Note for Server host: If the map crash while running the Battlefront Server 1.2 software you can solve this by removing the sound folder you find in the corus1/data/_lvl_pc/ directory.

Now let me thanks those people who helped me to create this map (alphabetical order):

Ace_Azzameen for alphatesting and the background story

CGArtist for his great looking skydometexture

Dragonum for research

GT1 Clan for betatest

Lord Bandu and for research and betatesting

Mark Rancire for some great looking skyscraper hulls textures

NiubNiub for the great skyscraperdome and other textures

Psych0fred who else

Saturn5 for his incredible Speeder Engineeering and bugfixes

and others

Enjoy,

Rends

I love this map! When I first played it, I thought, wow, speeders, then I realized you can acutally drive them! Of course my team lost because I was basically in a speeder flying around the whole time :p

I give this map a 11/10!

• 2 weeks later...
Will this map work on the mac version of Battlefront?

If so where/how do I install it?

thanx

Hey! Good to see another MacUser here. I don't have this game for my mac but I found this messageboard thread yesterday over at insidemacgames that discusses using pc-made mods on the mac version of battlefront sucessfully: http://www.insidemacgames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21149&st=20

Let me know if it works for you. If mods really do work on the mac version that might be enough to convince me to buy this game for my mac, I just have it on xbox now.

Hey! Good to see another MacUser here. I don't have this game for my mac but I found this messageboard thread yesterday over at insidemacgames that discusses using pc-made mods on the mac version of battlefront sucessfully: http://www.insidemacgames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21149&st=20

Let me know if it works for you. If mods really do work on the mac version that might be enough to convince me to buy this game for my mac, I just have it on xbox now.

Hey Stark, thanks for the link - it looks promising.

I'll give it a shot this evening and let you know if I succeed.

well, i don't know how to install it....y copy te folder corus1 into gamdata\, but when i play the game the scenario doesn't apears in the list of maps....

what can i do?

don´t copy it into gamedata but gamedata/addon.

Here is a tutorial how to install maps:

Installhelp.jpg

If you don´t have the addon folder you need to installe Gamepatch 1.2 !

• 2 weeks later...
Great map. Enjoying it, been playing it for days now.

Got it working my mac, no problems.

Funny thing thoughm when I exit, it asks if i want to 'exit to windows'

Not really, but thanks for offering....

Muhaha, ever tried to click on exit to windows? Maybe it will a complete new expierience haha.

but i´m glad that the map runs fine on Macs too !

Archived