Home

Seen any good films lately?

Gabez

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't you ever see The Poseidon Adventure?!? I can't wait for the remake, it should be fantastic.

I was coerced into seeing X-Men: The Last Stand the other day. We're using a five star rating system? 1.

I saw X-men 3 as well. Was fairly dissapointed with it. THe last two felt like big motion pictures that flowed together, then this one was sort of like a comic book fast, lots of action, and not as much story depth. I have some other issues, but their spoilery and I'm too lazy to type them at the moment.

• 1 month later...

I saw Superman Returns the other day, the IMAX 3D version. Overall I liked it and would probably give it a B+. Some parts were real cheesy, like most of the scenes with Lois and Superman. I've never been a Superman fan because of the whole cant die lazers from eyes schtick but the movie had a suprisingly good story. I thought it looked great, the colors and the style were really vibrant. It's a great movie to see on the big screen, I'd highly recommend it but I wouldn't recommend the IMAX version, the extra few bucks really wern't worth it.

Last film I went to see was probably The Da Vinci Code and that was terrible. Of course it was another book-film adaptation that I think personally failed. Partly due to the overall ridiculous claims of the plot and also the wrong casting of the characters, Tom Hanks was his usual self, I don't even want to mention that awful French woman even Ian Mckellan wasn't that great. Out of five, I'd probably give it 1.

My review for Pirates of the Caribbean: The Dead man's Chest can be found here.

For those who can't be asked to click on the link, I gave it a 4.

EDIT:

Oh hell, just for the record, because I have this movie pass thing, a while ago I went to see Disney's The Wild... turns out Kiefer Sutherland can't do funny... and neither can Disney anymore. 1

I saw Superman today. Now, considering the praise this film has received, I have to say it was pretty disappointing. It's not a particularly bad film, but it was far too drawn out and not very satsifying at all. Kevin Spacey is excellent, though.

Pirates 2 is better.

Scabb has pretty much said everything I was going to (get out of my head!) including the bit about Spacey.

Since I tend to give these marks out of five, I'll give it a 2 for effort, it's a super hero movie and nothing but.

Archived