Home

Tom Tancredo

ET Warrior

I'm not sure how many of you are aware of what is happening with Tom Tancredo, but he is a Colorado Representative, and he recently publicly announced that he believes if terrorists attack America with nuclear weapons, an appropriate response would be to bomb Islamic Holy sites, such as Mecca.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8703595/

I am completely shocked, and upset that a man like that is representing my state. Many are calling for his resignation, which his spokesman says will not happen. He is looking at possibly running for president in 2008.

http://coloradodaily.com/articles/2005/07/20/news/news06.txt

He is embarassing me and my state...at least...the sensible people of my state.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sigh. If there's a sucker born every minute, there's a f***er born every second.

What I'm mad at is the media for blowing such idiotic, offensive, and hurtful statements out of proportion to make a buck. Example from good ole Norway would be (warning: Offensive stuff ahead):

Religious minister on the tsunami disaster: "A sign of God's return (...) Thailand is just one big whore-house anyway." (front page, VG)

Doctor on obese kids: "They have to be able to put up with being hungry/starving." (Front page, VG)

Some politician on violence victims: "I think they need to have more sex with their partners." (TV 2)

Michael Moore on violence victims: "If you don't have the guts to offer the slightest bit of resistance to those who attack you, you appear in most peoples' eyes as a chicken. In fact. I'd like to give you a beating myself." (Dude, where's my country?!).

I don't want to think about of many people have had their day ruined by insensitive statements like the ones above. I know one 19-year old rape victim who cried from the moronic statement about sex being a deterrant to violence.

Originally posted by Dagobahn Eagle

What I'm mad at is the media for blowing such idiotic, offensive, and hurtful statements out of proportion to make a buck.

I don't think the media is really blowing this one out of proportion, the man said on a talk show that we should bomb Muslim Holy sites as a proper retaliatory response. The news didn't really take too much notice of it until Coloradans started rising en masse to get Tancredo's head.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

I don't think the media is really blowing this one out of proportion, the man said on a talk show that we should bomb Muslim Holy sites as a proper retaliatory response. The news didn't really take too much notice of it until Coloradans started rising en masse to get Tancredo's head.

The Vatican should be destroyed by fire and brimstone while Mecca should be desecrated by 70 whores from Heaven.

Those are proper retaliatory responses.

:p

But here's the thing, politicians don't really ever do well when they strive for, oh, morality. Everybody's vote counts the same in this country, so why try beating yourself over campaigning for everything that's needed in the world, while you could much more easily cater to those who will vote for you as long as you agree with them. Hence, Tom Tancredo says these things to excite those Christians who do feel a certain feeling of animosity towards Muslims in general, and who feel we shouldn't be taking the punches.

Or, Tancredo really believes that Islam is entirely terrorist in nature and should be violently reprimanded. Which would be much more disturbing.

Originally posted by Tyrion

Tancredo really believes that Islam is entirely terrorist in nature and should be violently reprimanded. Which would be much more disturbing.

If so I say we atleast be fair and nuke the Vatican and the houses of protestant figure heads in the name of justice for abortion clinic bombings.

Everyone seems to be missing one salient piece of information: Polititions never do what they say they are going to do. If Al Quaeda really are fanatical Islamics, such a statement could dissuade them from attacking America. This does not, however, mean that the threats should be acted upon. If it is purely a bluff, it is not so terrible, although still a bad idea.

said a spokesman:

“They are a lot more upset about what he stands for, our nation’s security and border policy, than anything else,” Adams said.

Er... ok... is it me or do the "evil" muslims seem a lot more rational and coherent than the politicians?

PS/ I'm having a "dead zone" style premonition about when this guy gets to be president...:(

There's a fanatical response to fanatics going on in religion. Its as if there is a religious war being waged among the superstitious nutters on both sides. If we weren't in the middle, I'd say nuke 'em all. .... okay, no I wouldn't, but it feels to to get that off my chest all the same.

Pat Robertson recently said on the 700 Club (yes, I watch that garbage on occasion... I'm fascinated by the nutters like a visitor in a zoo):

“Don’t you feel it rather interesting that every time you have a story about terrorism, it is linked to Muslim extremists? You don’t hear somebody, ‘Christian extremist killing film producers, Christian extremists blowing up trains.’It just doesn’t happen. But it’s Muslim extremists and, ladies and gentlemen, Islam, at least at its core, teaches violence. It’s there in the Quran in clear, bold statements.”
-700 Club, 7/14/05

I guess he forgot about Eric Rudolph, who bombed the 1998 Olympics in Atlanta and had ties to the Christian Identity Movement.

Or the 18 bombings of abortion clinics by anti-choice groups in 1984. Or the 1,700 acts of violence against clinics from 1977 and 1994. Robertson and his "moral allies" gave monetary and verbal support to these terrorist operations just as surely as Saddam Hussein did the PLO and Hamas.

And need I even mention the Christian nutter, Timothy McVeigh, who blew up the Federal Building in Oklahoma City, OK? He was tied to a Christian fundy group that believed in arming itself and opposing the government in the name of god.

Want to read some silly Fundamentalist Christian nutter garbage? Visit the Christian Exodus Website. These boneheads want to move into South Carolina and take over the government and eventually succeed from the United States, establishing a theocracy. They would have to succeed, since their desires are Unconstitutional. It sounds like a terrorist organization of fanatics to me.

Abroad, outside the U.S., Christian organizations are, today, committing attrocities against humanity. In Uganda the group called “Lord’s Resistance Army” systematically uses children soldiers and murders civilians. In India the “Nagaland Rebels” carried out several attacks very similar to those in London.

Both Christian leaders and Jewish Israelis have used terrorism as a weapon against the Palestinians, including bulldozing villages and the occupation of Lebanon that killed 20,000 civilians.

It is religion that is the enemy. Not Middle-Easterners or hicks from West Virginia or South Carolina.

And, lest we forget, the bible also teaches us to:

Stone your kids to death if they disobey you

Destroy towns of other religions, killing everyone and burning them to the ground

Exclude people of other races

Stone rape victims to death

Kill all male POWs and take any women you want

Supports slavery

and of course states that if you follow your own morals you will be damned... so any modern priest who tell you different are going to hell.

So it is obvious that the Quran is evil and full of instructions for violence, but the bible is all lovely and full of fluffy bunnies...

my fave: not cutting your hair or having tatoos

:D

http://www.thebricktestament.com/the_law/male_genital_injury/dt23_01a.html

Oh comon...

http://www.thebricktestament.com/the_law/incest/lv18_07.html

No, if Adam and Eve had Cain and Abel and Three daughters, and that's all they had, wouldn't their five children and any descendants commit incestry by having sex at all? No, I didn't steal it from Mencia, I thought of it LONG before...:p

But what's with the massacres? I would figure that Christianity be a little less...ruthless...in their conquering. And by "less ruthless" I mean not doing an Anakin on every kingdom they come across. :p

Originally posted by Tyrion

But what's with the massacres? I would figure that Christianity be a little less...ruthless...in they're conquering. And by "less ruthless" I mean not doing an Anakin on every kingdom they come across. :p

They're quite notorious for murdering everything they came across.

The only king that forbid a massacre (that I know of) is the great Saladin and he was a muslim.

No, if Adam and Eve had Cain and Abel and Three daughters, and that's all they had, wouldn't their five children and any descendants commit incestry by having sex at all? No, I didn't steal it from Mencia, I thought of it LONG before...:p

No, their children did not commit incest. Just because Adam and Eve are documented to be the first created, it doesn't mean that others were not created elsewhere. In Genesis it talks about other villages and the like. Take a gander every now and again and some things make more sense. ;)

@ET: Too bad about this Tom Tancredo. I hate war. I hate that so many people die. I also hate all the opinions on why it's necessary or not necessary. I'm tired of hearing about it; I've basically stopped reading the news because it just bothers me. I only hope that someday some sort of resolution can be made in the world. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I don't care. I'm sick of death and fighting.

No, their children did not commit incest. Just because Adam and Eve are documented to be the first created, it doesn't mean that others were not created elsewhere. In Genesis it talks about other villages and the like. Take a gander every now and again and some things make more sense. ;)

Then how does original sin effect us? Only Adam and Eve would have it, so overall there would be quite a few people living in secluded islands which would be sin-free, right? Even then, go on a few hundred/thousand years past Adam and Eve and there's Noah. Only his family, and maybe a few other humans survived. There definitely was no survivors, since it was a global flood. For them to reproduce, there would have to be incestry on some level.

...Plus I also heard if you commit incest, It will do wierd things to their genes and the babies will end up with two heads and stuff...

Edit.. I hope nobody will be dumb enough to vote for a guy who Advocates nuclear war. Remember in the cold war, both the US and Russia were at eachother's throats with weopoons that can destroy the world. Neither civilizations wanted that. If it hasn't happened yet, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

On the other hand, In the cuban missle crisis, JFK used his smarts to avoid nuclear war. then there was this missle luanced by accident. Einstien said "there was never a weopon man hasn't eventualy used." There were times when It almost happened, (knock on wood).

It is religion that is the enemy. Not Middle-Easterners or hicks from West Virginia or South Carolina.

"Religion is what keeps the poor man from murdering the rich"- Napoleon Bonaparte

Religion is nothing but organized and standardized spirituality.

And my theory on it is this:

Any time you get a group of people united around a common idea and organized behind a charismatic leader, there is apt to be trouble. I don't think it necessarily needs to be religious to be dangerous. As the number of people in any group grows, the average IQ plummets exponentially, and all the very stupidest ideas rise to the top to be accepted by the masses, and exploited by the (most likely corrupt) leadership.

...Plus I also heard if you commit incest, It will do wierd things to their genes and the babies will end up with two heads and stuff...

That only happens after generations of inbreeding. A single generation of inbred children here and there wouldn't cause harsh genetic defects at all.

That's something of a common misconception, that inbreeding causes strange mutations, which is a fallacy.

The reason inbreeding is genetically frowned on is because continual inbreeding means recessive genes aren't filtered out of future generations, and in fact are more likely to eventually be the only genes available, and when those recessive genes are disease causing, you get a genetic disorder that is typically recessive become dominant, and occurs in all future generations.

There are some other reasons, but that's the main one.

Of course..this is all off-topic..

Einstien said "there was never a weopon man hasn't eventualy used." There were times when It almost happened, (knock on wood).

er. Hioshima? Nagasaki? (sic)

But what's with the massacres? I would figure that Christianity be a little less...ruthless...in they're conquering. And by "less ruthless" I mean not doing an Anakin on every kingdom they come across.

Why would you assume christianity was any less violent than any other religion?

Most major religions (with the exception of a few eastern ones) seem to have grown up from the same origins, in the same area and with very similar cultural influences... they pretty much all include the same viewpoints on slavery, prisoners, heretics and women.

The only difference is that the Muslim religin is currently going through a phase similar to the crusades period of christianity (where they take everything very literally and try and spread the word), whereas the christain religion (in the west at least) is now being interpreted in a more liberal fashion. (in defiance of the rules on "following your own morals" above).

If you look at christians in africa (for example), who are now attempting to send misionaries BACK to a west that they see as a lapsed and failed church, you will see that they are quite willing to promote large amounts of violence when the bible demands it. Much like muslims when they feel the quran demands it.

Why would you assume christianity was any less violent than any other religion?

Most major religions (with the exception of a few eastern ones) seem to have grown up from the same origins, in the same area and with very similar cultural influences... they pretty much all include the same viewpoints on slavery, prisoners, heretics and women.

It was my poor attempt at being sarcastic.

That only happens after generations of inbreeding. A single generation of inbred children here and there wouldn't cause harsh genetic defects at all.

It's not too great that you'll have a horribly deformed child but even first generation inbreeding can have small effects like various mental diseases. Nothing too serious but it leads to greater risks if more inbreeding happens.

Archived