Home

How Many KOTOR Games Should There Be?

Originally posted by THE VIGILANTE

We already have 2 great KotOR games completed.

The question is, how many more should be made?

I personally feel that three would be enough since all great movies/games/books are trilogies.

What do you guy's think?

I think three or four but then they should try something different.

Prehaps another star wars roleplaying game but a new format maybe.:D

Originally posted by Darth InSidious

Maybe after the Exile/Revan saga they could have something about their apprentices? Or something to link the stories together.....

Thats what I would like to see. Don't know how they could do it with both Dark and Lightsider continuity, though.

Maybe....

Lightside

• Game 1-
    Revan saves the galaxy from the sith
  • Game 2-
    The Exile goes to try to find Revan, who disapeared
  • Game 3- Revan returns to reestablish the Jedi order
  • Game 4,5,6- Various apprentices fight various new baddies, hopefully with some sort of continuity.

Thats easy enough. I don't see how to do dark side though.

Originally posted by Lion54

Thats what I would like to see. Don't know how they could do it with both Dark and Lightsider continuity, though.

Maybe....

Lightside

• Game 1-
    Revan saves the galaxy from the sith
  • Game 2-
    The Exile goes to try to find Revan, who disapeared
  • Game 3- Revan returns to reestablish the Jedi order
  • Game 4,5,6- Various apprentices fight various new baddies, hopefully with some sort of continuity.

Thats easy enough. I don't see how to do dark side though.

Maybe in the third game they could have Revan either start the Jedi Order again like you said, or if he/she's a sith, destroy the remaining Jedi

Atton, Handmaiden, Bao-Dur, etc

Originally posted by DarthMoeller

Maybe in the third game they could have Revan either start the Jedi Order again like you said, or if he/she's a sith, destroy the remaining Jedi

Atton, Handmaiden, Bao-Dur, etc

I doubt the PC will ever be Revan or the Exile. I'm pretty sure each game will have a new PC. For one thing, they are going to want to have new heads. Otherwise, they would have to use the ones from K1 and K2 again. Nothing wrong with that, but I don't see it happening.

I think Revan and The Exile will be talked about but never seen.

Just my opinion.

Edit: something else I just thought about.

In Sith Lords, you answer Aton to select how the first game turned out. Imagine how many questions you would have to answer by game 5, for instance.

This has me thinking that they are going to try to make anymore games, after K3, easier to follow without having to play the previous games.

I'm with all the peoples who seconded, thirded, fourthed, fifthed, et cetera, et cetera...

originally posted by Prime

Keep going as long as they kick ass.

The KotOR saga has plenty of room to grow and develop. They most definitely should make KotOR 3 and I guess everyone on the boards says that will happen. My guess is we won't hear anything official until next year at the earliest. But like Prime said, if they keep making versions that sell well and people like then there is no reason to stop the bus.

Originally posted by PsionicBeverage

maybe not the kotor saga itself but maybe after a trilogy it will spawn a spin off or something on the team will be conscripted for another project.

But then it wouldn't be Knights of the Old Republic :D

^^^^

Well even if that happens, they will have to call it KOTOR, right?

Anyways, I suspect that LA will go in chronological order and the next trilogy will probably be about the Battle of Ruusan, in which the Jedi Army of Light fights the Sith Brotherhood of Darkness. At the end of the war we will probably see Darth Bane as the surviving Sith Lord and the creation of a new order.

thats not the point, after kotor it self expires you gone booom poof ka-blamo k? gone.

now that kotor is done we can work on the next great game from the creators of kotor kapecfadllasdl dalssl flasdlfflcldlasal dfllvajn comer kdakdkckodk klkficoyu odl 'adsad

I'd like to see 3 made but before that an "expansion pack" for TSL II that restores all of the cut content, droid planet, factory. and maybe another section or two in the existing worlds.

I personally always thought it was really odd that you flew over Nar Shaddaa and it was MONSTEROUS in city size and you could only go to that one section. How about going to the "red sector" like Atton talked about or at least utilize the "unused" spaces in the current game. A republic base or the like could be established on the docks of Nar Shaddaa where the locked doors section is.

We already know the storyline for KOTOR 3 (from what I think). We saw & heard enough to know whos coming back from where to do what.

I'd like to see (personally) the game series go to at least 4 if not 5.

:ben:

General Kenobi

I'd like to see 3 made but before that an "expansion pack" for TSL II that restores all of the cut content, droid planet, factory. and maybe another section or two in the existing worlds.

Thats all pure gold man i dont think any couild summarize it beter! but ho much would this expansion cost and could it be done in timely manner? those are two problems.

Archived