Home

Nightlight progress as of today

MJ

Hello to anyone who stumbles across this forum! I thought I might give a little bit of a progress update on different things I'm working on.

Radio - Post Production

With Lost Cause I nearly finished, Lost Cause II is going to start fairly soon. I'm eager to get things started there, as it'll be entirely new content for Nightlight.

Radio - Scripting and Recording

Next on the recording list is 'Pharaoh - Walking in Memphis'. The script is complete. I'm dabbling on two different scripts at the moment, one for a series of four half hour specials under the tentative title 'Doctor Who: Time Chase' and the long awaited sequal to Tierra de los Muertos, 'La Busqueda de Big Kahuna'. Lost Cause III and Beneath Monkey Island are some time off.

Tierra 3D

Eh... Sal?

He's still working on the Tierra nightclub called La Chica Bonita, I think. Last I saw he made a pretty darn spiffy piano for Ray Charles to sit at on the stage. A bit of an overhaul for Miguel is planned after that.

Book

My present job leaves me a lot of time to write, so I've been putting that to use. A great deal of progress has been made on a book that I'm writing, funnily enough called 'Tierra de los Muertos'. I'm up to about 130 pages, and just finished chapter six. It's actually quite expanded from what the radio series is (it does, though, use the radio series as a skeleton. Pardon the pun).

I have hopes for publication, and that it'll be so popular that the publisher will want a sequal. That'd be cool, because I have ideas for at least another three or four books in my head.

Comic

I've started dabbling in a bit of an online comic, which I'm definitely not going to promise to update on a regular basis. The story is mostly concerned with me (MJ) and Sal living together and making the Tierra movie. A recent storyline has MJ sleepwalking and fighting crime in his sleep. At the moment the comic strip is called 'Nightlight Productions' or 'The Tierra 3D project'.

Feature Articles

The Death feature article is finished, but I was having a problem with font coding... give me a break guys, I'm working! Fine, I'll have a look at it now and see if I can fix it. :mad:

With the recent demise of the SCUMM bar... am I worried about Nightlight's future? Hell yes. It's the hosted site that essentially sees more activity then the site that hosts it. And while whether it has anything to do with Grim Fandango at all can be argued (heck, I'm one of those who says that it doesn't)... I'm worried for the website's future.

Eh... real life news. Health problems, really bad. I want everyone who reads this thread to do me a favour: pick up the phone and call someone you love that you haven't talked to in a while. If you've had a falling out with them, all the better. Especially if they're family. Life's too short to hold grudges.

Iam really lookin forward to all points, espevially "La Busqueda de Big Kahuna"

And Wow! ! Ideas for three or four books, thats awesome! I dont even can write 10 line reply to you post :)

To "Radio - Scripting and Recording"

When will the recording start for " Pharaoh - Walking in Memphis " and sorry for the question, what is it about ?

Tierra 3D Eh... Sal?

Ja, what is it? I know I know, its taking long.

I think we shoudl give it another name, Tierra 3d sounds a bit, well, ... was it my idea? :confused:

Anyway, there will be new content soon. Iam workin steady on it.

Comic I've started dabbling in a bit of an online comic ....The story is mostly concerned with me (MJ) and Sal living together and making the Tierra movie.

LOL this is so great, I love it. How much Comic strpis we (or you) got until now?

Its nice to be informed, keep up your impressive work for very long ( So my childs can enjoy a MJ Legend too ;)

With all best wishes,

sal

Originally posted by Sallim

To "Radio - Scripting and Recording"

When will the recording start for " Pharaoh - Walking in Memphis " and sorry for the question, what is it about ?

Walking in Memphis will hopefully be one complete hourlong radio show. I wrote it that way, and I'm probably not going to cut it up. It's about a power struggle in ancient Egypt, between the two sons of Pharaohs (Hatchoo II and Serami). If anyone has seen a show called Blackadder, it's essentially that in ancient Egypt. Funny stuff.

And yes, it does have Number Two in it.

Originally posted by Sallim

LOL this is so great, I love it. How much Comic strpis we (or you) got until now?

I've drawn four so far and have a few more mapped out in my head. I think I might have to build a small, seperate webpage though, as they won't fit in the current format.

Nightlight's numbers have never been so good. I just wish the forum activity matched it!

Well, it seems like it's all going on back stage. Sorry to hear about your health problems. I'm currently in Australia and haven't had much time online, but I'll try and find you on messenger tonight. Until then, keep up the good work. Both you and Sal.

Peace, out!

In Australia? Well I know someone livin there!

How does it come that you´re in australia? vacation or something? Maybe you guys can see each other XD

Yeah, I'm here on vacation. Unfortunately, I'm a nine hour drive away from 8 of 12 and can't drive. In short, it aint lookin' good.

Yeah, I'm here on vacation. Unfortunately, I'm a nine hour drive away from 8 of 12 and can't drive. In short, it aint lookin' good.

It is a great pity. I would try everything I could to meet the master himself.

Well, maybe it will work out and I can visit you Matt ( yeah I know you are frightened now, hehe )

Hey Limpy, have some nice vacation over there =)

bye

Just an update. Lost Cause part 10 is nearly finished, it's just lacking a piece of music now, and I'm lacking inspiration at the moment. Also, my computer harddisk is in the process of dying. Hopefully though it'll be stable enough tonight for me to update. I'll be getting a new one later this week.

And in other news, cancer sucks. That is all.

My computer harddisk died last night. I've jerry rigged something up, I'll be installing my editing and mixing software tonight... Lost Cause part 10 will be finished and go online tonight, providing there isn't any other problems.

If there's anyone out there still listening... thanks for your patience.

Archived