Home

Developer for KOTOR 3

THE VIGILANTE

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want Bioware to do it.

I think that maybe a developer like Ubisoft might do it. Though, assuming since Obsidian was old Black Isle People that Black Isle doesn't exist anymore, Obsidian wouldn't be too bad. Though its pretty sure they won't.

Hmmm...

I think if both worked together, it would be the best.

BioWare started the whole series and they should definitely have some part, however big or small, in the end.

Obsidian continued the story and brought more features and items into the story. They too, should have some part in the end.

Also, BioWare lacks Features but has the abilty to tell stories. Obsidian lacks the ability to tell stories, but has more features.

Each company has a trait that the other lacks. So it would be fitting if they worked to together.

Just my thoughts.

^^^^

agreed.

and i still say that the TSL storyline would have been nailed on the head if OE hadn't cut out a lot of content. even then, you have to give them kudos for churning out such an excellent game.

OE gets my vote, but they need to get the rights to a current-gen graphics engine (or make their own). i'll be very dissappointed to see the Oddessy engine being used again for Kotor 3.

I would also welcome a coop between Bioware and Obsidian. They all had good ideas regarding gameplay features, and a storyline would also be np for them if you look at KOTOR and TSL. The only thing that might worry me is the propably new game engine and keeping of the original KOTOR flair from part I and II.

I'm with the Bioware folks. Jade Empire is my KOTOR2.

I like the fact that Bioware looks to improve upon the previous work they've done. KOTOR2 should have been done on the Jade Empire engine. So I say Bioware should do KOTOR3 on that engine.

NWN made me a fan of Bioware but KOTOR cemented it. JE made me get down on one knee and propose.

If your wondering Bioware will not marry me. :(

Even tho i said BioWear i still think Obsidian did well, only thing wrong was ( a lot lol) i just think they should have made the story carrying on from Revan not the exile, even tho i did like the exile story, also they should have finished the game as well.

So which on out of them to gets it i don't mind but still i'd rather BioWear.

Originally posted by MdKnightR

Okay, I admit, I am ignorant when it comes to video games other than KOTOR, Vice City, and SimCity. What is Jade Empire?

Jade Empire is made by Biowear it's great i've played it 3 times ( 3 endings) it's like KOTOR but easy i think but very good story hears the site i'd get it if you like KOTOR http://jade.bioware.com/

I'd LOVE a BioWare/Obsidian game. But it won't happen. BioWare is no longer collaborating with other companies (I'm pretty sure they made a statement to this effect), and Obsidian - well, after the disastrous way LA fiddled with TSL, I doubt they'll harbour any love for them....Failing the collaboration, a BioWare made KotOR III would be best. I'll pick strong storyline over neat features any day ;)

Originally posted by Bastila

Jade Empire is made by Biowear it's great i've played it 3 times ( 3 endings) it's like KOTOR but easy i think but very good story hears the site i'd get it if you like KOTOR http://jade.bioware.com/

Thanks for the information, but curse you for showing me an incredible game that is only available on Xbox! :p Darn it!

Of course, when someone said Jade Empire, I was, of course, thinking of the Galactic Empire. That got me hoping that it was a new Star Wars game by Bioware. So much for wishful thinking, huh?

Originally posted by MdKnightR

Thanks for the information, but curse you for showing me an incredible game that is only available on Xbox! :p Darn it!

Of course, when someone said Jade Empire, I was, of course, thinking of the Galactic Empire. That got me hoping that it was a new Star Wars game by Bioware. So much for wishful thinking, huh?

KOTOR is on xbox and PC, so i take it you play it on PC then.

^^^^

That would be the only option left.

Anyways...

Are there any ideas as to who will design the game if (in an unlikely event) BioWare and Obsidian refuse?

Darth Moeller said Ubisoft would be a good choice (and I have to agree since they are the ones making the videogame to Peter Jackson's King Kong).

Just a thought - Would Pandemic Studios do the job? They made the Clone Wars game and they are making the Empire at War game, so maybe they can design this one too?

Originally posted by THE VIGILANTE

Darth Moeller said Ubisoft would be a good choice (and I have to agree since they are the ones making the videogame to Peter Jackson's King Kong).

They also made the Myst games, the greatest adventure series of all time IMO.

Originally posted by THE VIGILANTE

Just a thought - Would Pandemic Studios do the job? They made the Clone Wars game and they are making the Empire at War game, so maybe they can design this one too?

I would rather have a well-known developer, but depending on how Empire at War turns out, maybe a possibility. But it is not very likely they will develop another Star Wars game I would think.

Archived