Home

Developer for KOTOR 3

THE VIGILANTE

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Microsoft would like to do it.

They publish more then they make themselves and their games are pretty good, unlike EA's whose policy is "churn out as much crap as you possibly can."

By the way, EA's games are way worse then Microsoft's. I mean, where was EA's Halo (made by Bungie, published by Microsoft)? Or AoE3? Or Forza Motorsport?

I would like a Engine like the Doom3 Engine... Look at those shadows, they would be perfect for lightsaber duels.

And everything what the quake3 engine can do, can doom3 do too.

I spend a lot of time in modifying the doom3 engine, and i must say, its one of the best engines i know, and the effects would be great.

Even a RPG system should be possible to implent, when you see Lineage2 got a Unreal engine, it means it should realy be possible, and why not? ^^

edit: and about the developers... Models can be used in every game. all they need is to write the main code for another engine, but that cant be so hard, when i see what they already did!

Bioware, I believe, stated that they would never again do a Star Wars product. I don't have an exact quote or reference but I have seen this referenced on multiple boards. The most likely developer is Obsidian, though after NWN2.

Bioware, I believe, stated that they would never again do a Star Wars product.

I am betting that LucasArts is VERY hard to work with. I've seen interviews with ole' Georgie going on about how "hands on" he is with Star Wars. After probably 20,000 changes they said never again...lol

:ben:

General Kenobi

the should deffinetly work together bioware had good thing s that could contribute to the futer of gameing and obsidian had much better graphics and overall gameplay was more life like.... i had a much better time with kotor 2 than i did with kotor 1 but if the 2 game develpors put both things together it would be a overall sure win for game of the year.....

i mean think about it kotor 1 won over 40 game of the year awards and that means they did somthing rihgt but kotor 2 flew off the shelves so they too did somthing right....they would be better off working together....

It doesn't matter who developes it if LA doesn't stop rushing unfinished games out the door. Don't get me wrong, I like LucasArts. They just need to stop being so strict with release dates.

I agree with you. Going back to tsl, if they hadn't been strict with the christmas release, it could have been much better. Hopefully (and it seems they aren't going to with it not being scheduled till '08) they don't make the same mistake again.

Oh, and hello everyone. i'm new!

Welcome to the forums! :)

I agree with you. Going back to tsl, if they hadn't been strict with the christmas release, it could have been much better. Hopefully (and it seems they aren't going to with it not being scheduled till '08) they don't make the same mistake again.

I agree if they had taken some time The droid factory, planet and more could have been better in TSL not to mention the horrible "loose" ending. :D

:ben:

General Kenobi

i don't really know who should do it, but i heard that Microsoft was in the process of buying out Bioware

Where did you hear that?

if thats the case i doubt that Lucasarts will work with them...

Why not? Lucasarts worked with them already, since KOTOR was sold on a Microsoft exclusive console.

Archived