Home

Developer for KOTOR 3

THE VIGILANTE

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^^^^

LucasArts hold the right to Star Wars as it's owned by George Lucas. Even if they dont work on the game, they put their name on it. I think they are the distributer, but I'm not sure.

All the other company do the majority of the work.

EDIT: Hannibal beat me too it, but I think I'm right for the most part. Didn't know that about Lego Star Wars.

Also, BioWare lacks Features but has the abilty to tell stories. Obsidian lacks the ability to tell stories, but has more features.

a good idea in theory but only one way to find out...

btw they need some people to do a new engine as "they" did before.

well, if they were going to hand the game off to RockStar simply because San Andreas had a couple of RPG elements to it, you might as well go for a company that has put out more RPG's than anyone else: Square Enix. although, i will admit i'm not too keen about handing off a Star Wars game to those guys: things could end up getting really wierd. at least we would know for sure that they could make Kotor 3 a very good game.

Originally posted by General Kenobi

How about Raven Software? Maybe they could tackle KOTOR III The Ancient Empire Returns or whatever :D

They seem to put out quality games from what I've seen personally.

:ben:

General Kenobi

Raven has yet to develop their own engine. If you want KOTOR3 to be on the Quake 3 engine Raven is a good choice.

BTW I like the Jedi Knight games but Raven is no RPG developer.

I liked K1 better, so I say BioWare, their game had a lighter feel to it, whereas K2 made me feel like I was the Exile's shrink...

yeah...

...kotor one felt good and fun kotor 2 was a bit depressing sorta like the new star wars movie hope fully the next one is lighter because the republic is rebuilding.

and @ hanibal could you not say death to ea its a local company where I live so...

and @ hanibal could you not say death to ea its a local company where I live so...

Sorry, can't do anything for you.

If it helps I hope a better company takes its place after it dies and the employees get a company that cares about them.

some? all there games went gold ithink. but yeah bioware is my first choice regardless. as for la playing fair. It's easier getting Obsidian, bioware AND blizzard working together in a frozen hell with multiple personalities and then michael jackson playing with satan in the room next to him.

but it might happen.

Raven has yet to develop their own engine. If you want KOTOR3 to be on the Quake 3 engine Raven is a good choice.

BTW I like the Jedi Knight games but Raven is no RPG developer.

well, at the moment Raven is developing Quake 4, which utilizes Id's Doom 3 engine, so its not like they don't have the capabilities to produce a great looking game. but still, Raven isn't an RPG developer.

of course, i've stated it before and i'll state it again: why can't LucasArts develop Kotor 3 internally?? they have enough fiscal power to purchase rights to just about any graphics engine out there, much less hire the right people to get the job done right.

Archived