Home

G-Phoria winners...

stingerhs

well, Halo 2 took most of the prizes, including Game of the Year honors. however, it is interesting to note that both Kotor II: TSL and Lego Star Wars also took home awards. Lego Star Wars won best adaptation and Kotor II brought home Best RPG. and yes, that also means that TSL beat out Jade Empire for best RPG.

more info here

so, thoughts?? ;)

I definately think that TSL deserved best RPG. It was an excellent game and still is.

I haven't played lego star wars, but my friends say its fun. Though I would think it couldn't be that good. I mean, they're legos!

Originally posted by Darth InSidious

Whaa? I don't believe it!

An over-hyped. bug-ridden, nonsensical, over-glitchy, ridiculously cut-down game like TSL beat Jade Empire?!

Oh come on. TSL wasn't like that.

Yes. It. Was.

Actually look over the game. The first time I finished it my reaction was "Err, wtf?!"

Now, after completing it about 3 times and having more than six games going, I'm only just getting the game.

That, and an awful lot of the game is spent wandering around pointlessly.

yup but a good deal of jade empire is spent wandering around aimlessly also but heck thats why i use the map cuz i tend to get lost

plus it has the best twist ever

most of tsl makes no sense at all I got the the end and was like WTF mate cuz it made no sense at all:p

Originally posted by jedigoku

yup but a good deal of jade empire is spent wandering around aimlessly also but heck thats why i use the map cuz i tend to get lost

most of tsl makes no sense at all I got the the end and was like WTF mate cuz it made no sense at all:p

It didn't make much sense the first time I completed the game, but it makes perfect sense now. Still, I did expect something more spectacular.

Originally posted by jedigoku

i did enjoy the twist, but i kinda had an idea of what it would be.

Up until I read that list, I really was looking forward to watching G Phoria. Now, I know who wins, so why do I want to watch!?!? That stinks! What a major spoiler. I wasn't expecting a list of the winners to be posted online, and now there is no reason for me to watch the show... Bummer! :(

Originally posted by Patomon5

I've only tried the demo of Jade Empire, Is it a renter or a buyer?

I liked both Kotor 1&2, Baldur's Gate, and Neverwinter Nights. So if it is a good as those I would buy it. Opinions please.

I loved Jade Empire and it was better than K2 IMHO. For me it Jade is more in continuity with K1 than K2 although the environment is very different (I'd say it's more in the "spirit" of the game).

The graphics are beautiful, the dialogues are well done and humorous and the plot is good. The side quests were quite varied and fun to do, and with a bit of exploration, they quite often had more than 2 solutions. I also liked the fact that you can really turn your "love interest" to the dark side at the end depending on the dialogue options chosen during the game. I'd say it's definitely a buyer. You'll certainly want to try the LS (Open Palm Way ) and DS (Closed Fist Way). In short: a good plot, a fun and well polished game.

The only downsides for me were that it was too short :( (took me about 30 hours taking all my time), a bit easy and I would have liked to have more customization (you can select your pc only among 6 pre-definite characters. On that point Kotor was superior).

I agree with Darth333. Jade Empire should have won! Plus, most of the KotOR II elements were written by BioWare. ObsidianEnt didn't have too much work for themselves, and they road the tails of BioWare to get the award. Quite literally.

IMO if Bioware created KotOR II in their vision, then the game would have kicked but.

well, having recently played 'Jade Empire', i tend to agree that TSL is the better game. Jade gets points on graphics and a decent combat system, but TSL gets points on storyline, innovations, characters, and the whole 'Star Wars' factor. and before you say anything, i thought both games were about equal in difficulty with a slight edge to Jade.

just my two pennies. :)

Originally posted by Darth333

The only downsides for me were that it was too short :( (took me about 30 hours taking all my time), a bit easy and I would have liked to have more customization (you can select your pc only among 6 pre-definite characters. On that point Kotor was superior).

I know it is really short, i think becuase theres not many side quests that are hard or long and none about your followers, otherwise i love the game and the music is great.

Having not played Jade Empire, I can't really say anything about it... However, I can say that TSL didn't deserve it. My vote goes to Tales of Symphonia as the best RPG since that was, you know, a polished game. :o

The unique characters, the fun battle system, the developed story, and the colorful cel shading... ToS just wins in my book, and blows TSL out of the water.

Just my two cents.

Archived