Home

New Jedi Knight Game Rumors

Weirdbeard

I am looking to see if anyone knows of any rumors or facts about a new Jedi Knight game. Not about the storyline or what you hope it will or will not have. I'm looking to see if anyone knows anyone from Lucasarts that may have leaked something or anything of that nature. I want to know IF this game is actually going to happen. I've seen threads that have had similar comments but they always seem to become tainted with people's fantasies of the game play. For this thread I really dont care about detail of the game itself. I'm just looking for what people know about it coming out and why or why it may not come out.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Lucasart's announcement that some games like Empire at War are being delayed so as not to flood the market with Star Wars games, I think we're in for another dry spell like razorace said. They might make a new JK game in the future, or they might not. I don't think anyone really knows at this point.

I don't suppose there are enough of us here at LF to change their mind. There are 90 647 members across the whole of LF, but I don't know how many are active in the Jedi Knight area. Do you think we should start a poll? And this thread's title is really misleading, by the way. Got my hopes up for a minute.

That LC wouldnt make plans until a few years? Because they already dont have any plans for a new JK game, and i said there might be a new JK game in future because the Jedi Knight series is popular among the gamer fans, im sure LC would want to make more money from them

Considering JK games have always been succesful, I think another game is a good possibility, it's just not a priority right now what with games like KotoR, Galaxies, and Battlefront. I, personally, haven't been able to locate any rumors (not for lack of trying, though) but as soon as something comes up you're likely going to hear about it either in these forums or in a JediKnight-related website such as JediKnight.net.

Could you please post the email address you sent that to? I would like to send one also, expressing my hopes for a new JK game.

I'm afraid that if I did this would happen...

I say we bombard them with e-mails and force them into getting what we want!

I went to Star Wars Celebration III in April and LucasArts had a booth there. They were touting Battlefront II and the Episode III game, but I don't remember seeing much about anything else, not even Republic Commando, Empires at War, Galaxies, etc. I talked to a couple of LucasArts people there about the problems (as I saw it) with the JK series, and they seemed pretty interested (or at least acted interested). They asked me to put it in writing and email it, so that's what I did, and that's the response they sent me.

Does Lucas Arts have this in the developers hands yet or?

Loved Jedi Outcast and Academy so....what's next? Taken into account the great ideas they should implement these into the next series along with a new graphic engine, but which do you guys think would make for the best engine?

VaderR

Since Battlefront II will allow people to play as Jedi, I think we'll have to wait for quite some time; LucasArts will technically release a "Jedi shooter" next november, so I suppose they'll try out different genres before going back to Jedi Knight.

And yeah, there should definitely be a sticky about that.

Is Lucas Arts planning on Jedi knight 3?

Not until the releases of Dark Forces III and Mysteries of the Sith II!

Seriously though, no, no plans for a new JK series game. This gets asked every so often (ex: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=149229)but the answer has always been the same. Officially there are no plans and there aren't any rumors, only wishful thinking, unfortunately.

But on the upside, this means all you JK2 and JA fans can keep working on your mods and keep supporting your community if you wish, without the "threat" of a 'better jedi game' stealing all your attention.

Had they started a hypothetical JK4 immediately after JA was released, they could be done with it by now I would think, if they used the Q3 engine or Unreal tech. Then again look how long it took them to do a game like Republic Commando. It really depends on who does it and their experience and LucasArts's time table. It seems Raven is busy with QuakeIV. But if Q4 is a success and the Doom3 engine is seen as popular and viable.. it'd take a few years to develop it at least. JA came so quickly because it was based on the codebase Raven had already established with Jedi Outcast.

Archived