Home

New Jedi Knight Game Rumors

Weirdbeard

Hopefully, stickying it would stop people from posting new threads on it every other week. And when they inevitably do post a new one anyway, we can a) link it easily as it's on the front page, and b) point out to them that it's actually on the first page.

It seems to be a recurrent topic, so I thought stickying might be a bit of a solution. (we could do with a parsepacket_entities one as well, didn't there used to be one?)

And hopefully at some point there will be some rumors about a new Jedi Knight game.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

i know you are pushing to get this thread closed but...

I would also like to see a new JK game and i would like 2 things:

Maybe you guys will agree or fight with me.

1. I really think that if we can have a JK game like Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion or Gothic or etc. this would be great.... now wait before you crap all over me. What i mean is, imagine a Star Wars world as big as Elder Scrolls with a living world and npc that go around their business and you are a Young Jedi in this world, you can shape you own destiny and do just what you want when you want like in elder scrolls IV Oblivion. Imagine traveling to planets and meeting all kinds of nps's good and evil, imagine turning to good or the dark side and fighting for them. There is so much possibilities in this if it is a open ender RPG where you do what you want. LucasArts could maybe even give this to Bethesda to design. But in this whole RPG game the fighting must stay the same where you fight yourself. I choose this. I thing that Star Wars Galaxies and KOTOR and KOTOR II would have had better success if people fought themselve and not just choose the action. It must be like the JK games. This rules. That is what makes the game and that is the fighting by yourself.

2. I do not want this one but i will settle for this point if i cannot get point 1.

The next JK should at least be much longer. JKA was really very short and was not worth the money if you talk about the levels. The fighting is worth it. It could do with a better story like in JK2 Jedi Outcast. And they should keep it basic Jedi versus Sith and not bring out stuff that was not in the Star Wars Sagas or movies. This is afterall that made it great. If they do things like some guys did in there mods then it will fail. Stick to basics. They could also improve the lightsaber moves and battles.

I really think we should start a poll and list these kind of ideas and then give this to LucasArts. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Thanks for listening and thats it.

LoneWolfGK

The jedi knight series are good like they are now. And I think you better play star wars galaxies ;)

Obviously you did not read what i said.

I played Star Wars Galaxies and it sucks, WHY???????????? As i said before!!!!

YOU CANNOT FIGHT YOURSELF, THE GAME FIGHTS FOR YOU. Where is the fun in that and that is where Star Wars Galaxies went wrong. It would have been great if the fighting was like Jedi Knight series. Plus Star Wars Galaxies is a online game, i want it single player like Jedi Knight.

Do you understand now what i mean?

Have you played Elder Scrolls?? If so then you will understand the freedom you had and it is a single player game and not online.

I have a problem with online games because you must pay for the game and also a monthly subscription. WHat a rip off.

Cheers

LoneWolfGK

Hi Guys,

i know you are pushing to get this thread closed but...

I would also like to see a new JK game and i would like 2 things:

Maybe you guys will agree or fight with me.

1. I really think that if we can have a JK game like Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion or Gothic or etc. this would be great.... now wait before you crap all over me. What i mean is, imagine a Star Wars world as big as Elder Scrolls with a living world and npc that go around their business and you are a Young Jedi in this world, you can shape you own destiny and do just what you want when you want like in elder scrolls IV Oblivion. Imagine traveling to planets and meeting all kinds of nps's good and evil, imagine turning to good or the dark side and fighting for them. There is so much possibilities in this if it is a open ender RPG where you do what you want. LucasArts could maybe even give this to Bethesda to design. But in this whole RPG game the fighting must stay the same where you fight yourself. I choose this. I thing that Star Wars Galaxies and KOTOR and KOTOR II would have had better success if people fought themselve and not just choose the action. It must be like the JK games. This rules. That is what makes the game and that is the fighting by yourself.

2. I do not want this one but i will settle for this point if i cannot get point 1.

The next JK should at least be much longer. JKA was really very short and was not worth the money if you talk about the levels. The fighting is worth it. It could do with a better story like in JK2 Jedi Outcast. And they should keep it basic Jedi versus Sith and not bring out stuff that was not in the Star Wars Sagas or movies. This is afterall that made it great. If they do things like some guys did in there mods then it will fail. Stick to basics. They could also improve the lightsaber moves and battles.

I really think we should start a poll and list these kind of ideas and then give this to LucasArts. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Thanks for listening and thats it.

LoneWolfGK

A man after my own heart. :D As I have said many times on many forums they need to make a game with a KOTOR stroryline (which is deep) and Jedi Knight action (which is intense). The sad thing is they won't. They are raking in the dough with that disappointing unfinished KOTOR II so there is no need for them to make anything else. They have other money vaccums as well in the form of Battlefront II (which from what i hear is a BIG success) and the soon to be released LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (which if it's as good as the 1st will be a hit). So we just have to mod the current games we have to death. :(

A man after my own heart. :D As I have said many times on many forums they need to make a game with a KOTOR stroryline (which is deep) and Jedi Knight action (which is intense). The sad thing is they won't. They are raking in the dough with that disappointing unfinished KOTOR II so there is no need for them to make anything else. They have other money vaccums as well in the form of Battlefront II (which from what i hear is a BIG success) and the soon to be released LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (which if it's as good as the 1st will be a hit). So we just have to mod the current games we have to death. :(

Thank you for the words and i agree with you about KOTOR story but JK fighting. This rules. I just wish more people would mod JKA games.

Cheers

LoneWolfGK

lol? back in the days of chop shop many ppl were too lazy to download the custom maps, some did yes, but still the only client mod ppl download is JA+ for the most part which is sad because it has too many kiddie anims and gp changes. and pluginDisable doesnt excuse it.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe he meant that MotS storyline is the only one with a future in sequels in his opinion.

Anyway, it was April Fool's Day, so he may not have been entirely serious? Who knows. ;)

Can we keep this one alive with anymore silly posts? Just checking... heh

If they do end up making a new JK game I would like to see some more open game play (maybe in the line of massive maps like those in GTA style games or even KOTOR, where you can choose when you handle major story based missions and whether you want to handle smaller missions, like bounty hunter missions or small quests), but I would like it if they would keep the current style of combat. After all these are not RPG games they are of a more action based genre. I would also like to see a more advanced system for vehicles, something along the lines of what they have for Battlefront 2. If they make the games more open like this, then it would also provide for a longer, more involved SP game experience.

The only other thing I would like to see is a more advance character customization system, with more species and the ability to alter facial features, clothing, tattoos, and physical attributes like strength and weight. Also, it would be nice if you could actually build and customize your own saber, rather than just choosing from already constructed designs from the game designers.

Of course, if they were to actually make a game like this it would be massive. Most likely involving three to four discs for installation at least. But I am sure that such a gaming experience would be great.

If they do end up making a new JK game I would like to see some more open game play (maybe in the line of massive maps like those in GTA style games or even KOTOR, where you can choose when you handle major story based missions and whether you want to handle smaller missions, like bounty hunter missions or small quests), but I would like it if they would keep the current style of combat. After all these are not RPG games they are of a more action based genre. I would also like to see a more advanced system for vehicles, something along the lines of what they have for Battlefront 2. If they make the games more open like this, then it would also provide for a longer, more involved SP game experience.

The only other thing I would like to see is a more advance character customization system, with more species and the ability to alter facial features, clothing, tattoos, and physical attributes like strength and weight. Also, it would be nice if you could actually build and customize your own saber, rather than just choosing from already constructed designs from the game designers.

Of course, if they were to actually make a game like this it would be massive. Most likely involving three to four discs for installation at least. But I am sure that such a gaming experience would be great.

Personally I like the "arcade style" vehicles of JA, but I agree they could be better. Still, using SWBF2 as a model is problematic. Those vehicles are SLOOOW. Compare to SWBF1, where they at least had cockpit HUD views and first/third person view. Granted, in JA vehicles forced you into third person (unless you resorted to trickiness with the firstperson lightsaber command!). But essentially SWBF2 eliminated cockpit views (except for zooming gunners on some vehicles), slowed down and nerfed them all, and only added a "dash" or the aireal tricks for airborne vehicles. Also the controls for many of them sucked. Compare the HORRIBLE speeder bike from SWBF1/2 to the awesome fun Swoop bike from JA. No contest! Sure it's nice to have two people inside an AT-ST in SWBF1, but that second person just gets to fire the single shot slow reloading blaster, and you get no rockets! Plus the camera view sucks, even if you get to "turn the head" (in JA MP you couldn't turn the head, only fire in the direction you were facing, unlike in Single Player, but frankly the MP version was more fun for some reason).

I Just thought of something. How about not a sequil but an expansion pack? It would continue the story. Like if you were evil Jaden then you would try and build your empire, or if you were good jaden you would fight against another evil. The possiblitys are endless. Also I would also like more customisation. Like you could be a zamarak and a kel dor MALE. Or some other speices. Like there would be another disc just for customisation. There would be the best customisation since starwars galaxys!

Archived