Home

New Jedi Knight Game Rumors

Weirdbeard

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought you might like that. Wasn't sure whether to leave it or write out the whole name.. but it was just so much hard work to change it...

Maybe i should check out some of those JO mods.. sounds like they might have already tried a lot of the ideas i've got for how i'd like the combat to work. I thought of a pretty good system that kinda combines Soul Calibur with Might and Magic/Riddick/Halo and a bit of JO.. but these things never work as good in practice as they sound on paper.

One thing I would really like is if they put the old JK style force jump back in... the JO one seems too slow and floaty.. the JK one took more skill and time to charge correctly. Thats probably just me though...

I thought you might like that. Wasn't sure whether to leave it or write out the whole name.. but it was just so much hard work to change it...

Maybe i should check out some of those JO mods.. sounds like they might have already tried a lot of the ideas i've got for how i'd like the combat to work. I thought of a pretty good system that kinda combines Soul Calibur with Might and Magic/Riddick/Halo and a bit of JO.. but these things never work as good in practice as they sound on paper.

One thing I would really like is if they put the old JK style force jump back in... the JO one seems too slow and floaty.. the JK one took more skill and time to charge correctly. Thats probably just me though...

What is "FU" I don't think the title is going to be called, "Force Unleash" . Besides that not a very good name for a jedi theme game.

It seems to me by looking at the game skeckches that they have shown on the internet, seem to confirm my belief that this game may probably be base on the upcoming live action T.V. series.

they never said it was going to be a jedi game or jk sequel.

seems to be more of an rts or (mmo)rpg

Actually LA haven't said anything about this game on it's site. The info concerning this game is only coming from game sites and rumers on the web. Also if this going to be be a rts or a mmo rpg type game then they(LA) should shove that stupid idea up their asses.

"Force Unleashed" is just a working title, and they haven't said it's any connection to the JK series.

Still, I can imagine the confusion it would cause if it were...

Person 1: Hey, what's that you're playing? Looks cool...

Person 2: FU!!!!

Person 1: Well, if you're gonna be a jerk about it, then never mind!

Person 2: ???

;)

"Force Unleashed" is just a working title, and they haven't said it's any connection to the JK series.

Still, I can imagine the confusion it would cause if it were...

Person 1: Hey, what's that you're playing? Looks cool...

Person 2: FU!!!!

Person 1: Well, if you're gonna be a jerk about it, then never mind!

Person 2: ???

;)

I just hope that they don't mess up this game like they did with Ep III which they had rush to come out in relation with Ep III movie.

I hope they learn from their past mistakes in previous Jedi related games, and concentrate heavily on this one, examples; more force powers

& more lightsaber combat.

I got another idea for the plot of a JK3 game, since toms brought up the idea of "going back in time" since the Remnant vs. Allliance thing has totally played out (Kyle can't keep losing and regaining his powers, Remnant has been crushed so many times, etc.)

How about playing as Rahn? Remember that guy from the first JK? He fought in the Clone Wars and survived the purge... he went into hiding as he ran from Vader, and later Jerec, as he seeked out the location of the Valley of the Jedi over the years. Then he meets Morgan Katarn (Kyle's dad) and learns the location. He eventually confronts Jerec and, well, we all know how that turns out.

Eh? Eh? :)

Hey, Rahn is a more interesting guy than i first gave him credit for in that article. Gold lightsaber - very bling.

The Inquisitorious (?) would also make quite cool bad guys.. or alternatively a quite cool basis for a character to be part of.

Since I like the idea of a game where you are more free to choose sides, factions etc.. then maybe its a good idea not to be one of the main characters with a prewriten destiny.. but instead be a new character.. but involved in all that stuff back then.

You could be a young inquisitorious, part of jerec's team chasng Rahn. Then be around when Jerec of even Vader commits the atrocity that Morgan Katarn was aiding in the relief effort for when he found out about the valley. Then you could have Rahn and Morgan on one side, and Darth and Jereec on the other.. and you could choose a path anywhere between.

Kyle would be about 5 then, so even he could make a cameo.. which would be cool.

Its definately a time period with a lot more possibilities.

If you saw it, it bared a closed resembelence to a JK game.

No. It looks nothing like a JK game. It looks more like the Episode III game.

It will likely be a JK game, unless it's something completely different

It's something completely different.

I completely forgot about the Episode III game. To think about it, yeah, it does look like those games. The force powers used in that video seemed a little unpractical in a combat scenario, the thing people care about is Lightsaber (and gun, wait, not the gun, except the cuncussion rifle, but you can force push it back, anyway...).

• 2 weeks later...

The video for Force Unleashed seems promising. It gives the impression that when a Jedi walks in a room, he really owns the place (and so it should be).

Still, I'd like to see these, and more cool, force powers in combination with strictly lightsaber combat. I've never liked the idea that Jedi depend on ranged weapons, it just doesn't fit :).

Hello all. I have only been here for a few days but I would like to give some insight on some things here. just gotta think of how to say what i wanna say here.. could take awhile. lol. Guess ill throw in some suggestioins first i guess.

A comment on Lucasarts working jedi title: Even though its a Jedi like game doesnt mean its a sequal in any way to the jk series etc. they specifally said its a working title not in anyway realated to any past games they have done.

I'm thinking of how they would make it more realistic with jedi/sith combating it shouldnt just have an hp bar or offence bar. It should be a combination of somethings. Make it more rpg esc i say.

the force: the force should be the biggest thing of a jedi. the more atuned to the force a jedi is the better the jedi you know. better at battling,blocking,force powers. So lets say they have had a force bar in the past jk series games. the lower the bar the weaker the jedi gets.

Stamina: stamina should play a role when it comes to battling. stamina affects how acrobatic you are. being able to block better the higher the bar is and when its lower the chances you leave openings in your defence and chances you wont block because you are weak.

I think acrobatics should be allowed in games but not to far like in jedi outcast(running on walls, doing a back flip while running up the wall.) you didnt see things likethat in the movies. I think acrobatics should paly a role in the character you play. like yoda for instance he had 2 b a quick mover since he couldnt run well etc. you didnt see the humans being that acroabatic the whole time. Or have a fighitng style system. like how darth maul was etc. or both.

Force powers. I think the games have kind of overdid on force powers. so many things they had. you didnt c a jedi using force powers that much while they were battling. it was more of there lightsaber battles. force powers you saw in the movies were Push, Pull, Speed ,Jump,you saw obi wan blocking lightning and same with yoda, Lighting, Choke, persuasion, you didnt see heal at work in the movies. i would admit with jedi attuned to the force they can heal faster compared to other people. but healing shouldnt be instant. it takes time to heal wounds depending on how bad they are.

I am not suggesting a health bar at all. usually when a lightsaber strikes depending on where or same with a blaster whereever that hits some1 should depend on when you die. multiple hits to the legs ,arms shouldnt kill you at all. so im suggesting depending on where you get hit depends on when you die. maybe when it comes to repeated arm leg shots have a time limit dependign on how many times you get hit in the arms, legs etc to seek medical help. more hits the lower the time limit. dont take bacta within the time limit you die. But when it comes to healing hmm i guess you have to have a hp bar. But if you get hit in certain places you should die( headshots).

They should have weapons in the game for sure not just lightsabers. Usually how it is jedi with lightsabers should block shots in front of them about 100% of the time that is but behind them is another story.

MasterRoss08, I'm not gonna quote your post but I very much like your idea of not having a HP bar, it would the make the game more realistic.

I'd like to see a combination of a Jedi Knight came with the KOTOR games. Add the KOTOR's RPG and dialogue elements, keep the combat of the Jedi Knight games but with a heavy or perhaps only focus on lightsaber and force attacks and, whilst we're at it, a more non-linear gameplay.

Hello all. I have only been here for a few days but I would like to give some insight on some things here. just gotta think of how to say what i wanna say here.. could take awhile. lol. Guess ill throw in some suggestioins first i guess.

A comment on Lucasarts working jedi title: Even though its a Jedi like game doesnt mean its a sequal in any way to the jk series etc. they specifally said its a working title not in anyway realated to any past games they have done.

I'm thinking of how they would make it more realistic with jedi/sith combating it shouldnt just have an hp bar or offence bar. It should be a combination of somethings. Make it more rpg esc i say.

the force: the force should be the biggest thing of a jedi. the more atuned to the force a jedi is the better the jedi you know. better at battling,blocking,force powers. So lets say they have had a force bar in the past jk series games. the lower the bar the weaker the jedi gets.

Stamina: stamina should play a role when it comes to battling. stamina affects how acrobatic you are. being able to block better the higher the bar is and when its lower the chances you leave openings in your defence and chances you wont block because you are weak.

I think acrobatics should be allowed in games but not to far like in jedi outcast(running on walls, doing a back flip while running up the wall.) you didnt see things likethat in the movies. I think acrobatics should paly a role in the character you play. like yoda for instance he had 2 b a quick mover since he couldnt run well etc. you didnt see the humans being that acroabatic the whole time. Or have a fighitng style system. like how darth maul was etc. or both.

I strongly disagree with your opinions on acrobatics.

All forms of acrobatics should be included and improve on don't take nothing away keep it and expand on it; running on walls, doing a back flip while running up the wall should'nt never be taken away.

These abilities are what made the Jedi Knight games fun to play and more realisted.

These abilities and others determine who won fights when Force powers skills was match.

Wining fights for specific jedi warriors come down to combat, skills with a saber, two sabers and saber staff not always the dependence on Force powers.

I hope they just don't focus on force powers and forget about combat and lightsaber skills.

When developers start taking away abilities ( like acrobatics) that made previous Jedi Knight games great, they start strewing it up for future jedi theme games.

The games don't have to exactly match the movies acrobatics,

so in a game we have more freedom in combat with more abilities.

Also I strongly agree with your idea of stamina that will be a great feature if Lucasarts included it.

So in ending!

Don't take nothing out LA don't downsize certain abilities improve on all previous features in all jedi theme games and add greater newer abilities like ledge grappling and the addition of combat when lightsabers are't in use or have been disarmed by the opponent.

:lsduel::lsduel:

lol.

For single player i'd also prefer if they went to something more non-linear, with more depth, more customisability and more "weight" to it. JK meets Deus Ex if you will.

And less acrobatics and flipkicks can only be a good thing. After all, everyone now knows that the matrix sucked and thankfully all the matrix sigs are long gone.. ;)

For MP: Some form of stamina bar would be nice.. a MotS meets Battlefield setup with more "realism" to it. Stamina bars that reduce when you do too much jumping.. accuracy crosshairs that reduce when you run or jump, but improve when you raise your weapon or crouch. All that jazz..

I still thinkthat instead of a health bar they should have a "halo style" blocking bar.. that reduces as you make blocks and increases when you rest.

Block > Quick attack. Quick attack > Heavy attack. Heavy attack > Block.

Any successful hit reduces their block bar. When its depleted then one or two hits kills.

lol.

For single player i'd also prefer if they went to something more non-linear, with more depth, more customisability and more "weight" to it. JK meets Deus Ex if you will.

And less acrobatics and flipkicks can only be a good thing. After all, everyone know knows that the matrix sucked and thankfully all the matrix sigs are long gone.. ;)

For MP: Some form of stamina bar would be nice.. a MotS meets Battlefield setup with more "realism" to it. Stamina bars that reduce when you do too much jumping.. accuracy crosshairs that reduce when you run or jump, but improve when you raise your weapon or crouch. All that jazz..

I still thinkthat instead of a health bar they should have a "halo style" blocking bar.. that reduces as you make blocks and increases when you rest.

Block > Quick attack. Quick attack > Heavy attack. Heavy attack > Block.

Any successful hit reduces their block bar. When its depleted then one or two hits kills.

Strongly! :disaprove:disaprove

I am sorry toms, but I have to still disagree with you strongly on acrobatics downsizing.

Your ideas on reducing the acrobatics will ruin the up coming jedi game combat system.

Reducing the acrobatics will make other players who have enjoyed playing Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy feel like they have been made handicap in their optional tactics in wining a lightsaber combat sitiuation that they have previous had.

If you don't like or have no good skill in wall runing, backfliping off the wall or flipskicks like they had in EP III:ROTS then don't use it, that's why the developers of JO & JKA had as a on/off option with selection Force power level in mutiplayer options.

When the Lucasarts had downsize abilities and cut options in the game Episode III: Revenge of the Sith they ruin the game for Jedi Outcast and Jedi Knight players.

The abilities they had change and options they had cut was previous options and abilities that was in JO and JKA that is why that game won't so popular as

Jedi Outcast and Jedi Knight Academy.

The Options LA cut and abilities they had taken out include:

1. Mutiplayer that was in JO & JKA
  2. The ability to have the freedom to force jump like in JO & JA
  3. The option of manual blocking like was present in JO & JKA
  4. The ability to throw opponents into pits or off ledges.
  5. The ability to knock the lightsaber out your opponent hand.
  6. The option of lightsaber colors or the ability to choose two lightsabers or the saberstaff.
  7. Online capability!
  8. Customisable player character option!
  9. Acrobatics like wall runing and backflip off the wall and also the option that LA had in JKA the the ability to grap wall and jump up or down it.

So do you understand what have happen to the sucess of Ep III when LA downsize abilities and completely cut previous options that other jedi theme games like Jedi Outcast and Jedi Knight Academy have had that made those games so popular.

Also believe they should'nt have no health bar ever again for future next-gan games.

It should be more realisted then that.

:lsduel::lsduel:

Ep3 was a totally different style of game to JK/JO. It had different requirements.

I don't subscribe to the view that simply continuing to add more and more eye candy and extras is the way to make a good game. Its the core gameplay that is important.. and if you add too much peripheral junk then it can all just become a mess.

I'd happily settle for them taking out flipkicks and wallrunning if it led to a batter combat system. I'd prefer they took out the pointless "make your own character" and worthless "pick your saber hilt" and bothered making a decent story. Making 5 differnet saber styles with 3 different saber types sounds great on paper when you are trying to tick bullet points.. but it doesn't allow them to concentrate on ONE decent combat system.. instead you get 5 average ones.

they put so much effort into letting you make your own character in JA.. but then they had to keep jumping through hoops in the dialoge and plot because they didn't know what your character was like.

Taking things out of the game in no way unfairly penalises existing players.. and even if it did, so what. Its a new game. It would surely be more interesting to have a new game to play, rather than just the same game again.. otherwise they could just keep releasing JO every 2 years with a new graphics engine.

Excellent points toms. I wouldn't be sad if they took that stuff out (I would be sad and consider it a betrayal of the series though, if they removed the gunplay).

Episode III was a console only game with no online play, so it's really not part of the series. The JK games were never about just copying the movies, and that's fine by me.

Yes I agree with you Kurgan. They shouldnt take out Guns from this series. Ctf would be real boring without guns and definately other modes as well.Guns adds so much more for multiplayer but I admit guns in story mode you dont really need to use unless you have to. Maybe what they can do for a story mode is switch in and out with a trooper and a jedi. So then gunplay is more of a factor than just for multiplayer. I was just suggesting for acrobatics if they wanna make it more like the movies. just to suggest taking out some of the unreal like moves. but if they keep them i dont mind i actually like the acrobatics but wall climbing only helps in certain situations I would think its not required everytime you have a match. maybe even add alittle more stuff. Like during the palpatine vs mace and the other jedi how he started off. but maybe only add that to a certain style of battling.

Archived