Home

New Jedi Knight Game Rumors

Weirdbeard

with the whole crapload of saber fighting styles... ya... its gonna be very VERY difficult to model the complexity of the style, not to mention the dynamics of the moves with respect to the control mechanism (mouse/keybord), so before you go around saying, "we should have this, and we should add that, these, those or whatever the hell" it really wont happen unless you can think of a clever way to implement it...

for example, with regard to saber comat, it would be probably better to give the player as much control over the moves performed, and the path of the saber swing as possible. The way i imagined it, is to have a crosshair in the middle of the screen (only for saber combat). This crosshair would be divided into 3, maybe 4 sections, or have a bar next to it, divided the same way, so that depending on how high you pointed the crosshair, a different section of the crosshair, or bar would be highlighted, signifying a swing aimed at a different part of the body. For example, if you pointed your crosshair high and performed some sort of move, it would be aimed at the head, pointing low would aim that move at the legs, etc... I know that this may seem similar to how some the fighting mechanics already work in JA, but technically, in JA all that changes when you aim higher/lower is the angle at which you strike from the horizontal, you dont actually perform a different move designed specifically to attack that area of choice.

Also, if you incorperate free aim with the crosshair you could alter the type of move being perfomred mid swing, perform different quick followup moves depending on where your crosshair is with respect to the area you want to target, technically the possiblities are endless...

of course, none of us will really know how well any fighting system works unless it actually gets built...

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply
with the whole crapload of saber fighting styles... ya... its gonna be very VERY difficult to model the complexity of the style, not to mention the dynamics of the moves with respect to the control mechanism (mouse/keybord), so before you go around saying, "we should have this, and we should add that, these, those or whatever the hell" it really wont happen unless you can think of a clever way to implement it...

for example, with regard to saber comat, it would be probably better to give the player as much control over the moves performed, and the path of the saber swing as possible. The way i imagined it, is to have a crosshair in the middle of the screen (only for saber combat). This crosshair would be divided into 3, maybe 4 sections, or have a bar next to it, divided the same way, so that depending on how high you pointed the crosshair, a different section of the crosshair, or bar would be highlighted, signifying a swing aimed at a different part of the body. For example, if you pointed your crosshair high and performed some sort of move, it would be aimed at the head, pointing low would aim that move at the legs, etc... I know that this may seem similar to how some the fighting mechanics already work in JA, but technically, in JA all that changes when you aim higher/lower is the angle at which you strike from the horizontal, you dont actually perform a different move designed specifically to attack that area of choice.

Also, if you incorperate free aim with the crosshair you could alter the type of move being perfomred mid swing, perform different quick followup moves depending on where your crosshair is with respect to the area you want to target, technically the possiblities are endless...

of course, none of us will really know how well any fighting system works unless it actually gets built...

I was saying that this can be implemented on next-gen consoles controllers.

They can do it, they came close with it in Ep III: ROTS the game.

They mess up the blocking system though.

I believe any next-gen Jedi theme game should have a 360* directional manual blocking system with the analog stick.

This blocking system tactics should depend on your fighting styles and Jedi fighting forms, I have listed.

Like for example, If you fight with one hand style like the Makashi figthing form

your blocking tactics and strategy will depend on that specific style and form, until you switch your style and or Jedi figthing form.

Also for a computer they can do that with ease, it's just going to be much harder with a keybord and mouse though.

Some truth there Windu on that. I definately agree with a 360 block system. They shouldve had it by now in my oppinion but hey some things cant be rushed. If you want manual blocking of course it would be harder to use thats why they always had automativ blocking in the Jk series. Episode 3 game had a block button right? I know battlefront 2 has a block button and in my oppinion was lousily done. the Jedi/sith battling that is. They could always have a block button. It would make battling alittle easier in my oppinion just dont have this wait bar to have a succesful block which they did with BF2

It did drain your mana but you didn't take any heath damage. It didn't seem to be that weird of a power to me, just like grip but didn't make a hand gesture or hold one character in place. Force destruction was the one power that was out of place IMO. Doesn't mean I didn't use it to blow the snot out of baddies though.

• 3 weeks later...
YEs I agree with that for sure. There was actually a force rage abillity

added in battefront 2. I do agree that objects should be affected

by force push ,pull in next gen games.

You're talking about the Force Grasp force power, that was only available in Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

the game.

And that was absent in, Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast and Jedi Knight Academy.

As I have checked there is no plans for another JK game, eventhough I have seen a video on Star Wars 07, which someone claims will not come out in 07, but in my opinion it will be released sometime in 07, cause Lucasarts can only produce 2 games a year quote from http://www.businessweek.com/innovat...gn_id=rss_daily, if you go to page two, you'll see...

• 2 weeks later...
You're talking about the Force Grasp force power, that was only available in Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

the game.

And that was absent in, Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast and Jedi Knight Academy.

Actually, it was available to some extent in Jedi Knight.

I wouldn't mind if it's in 3rd person because you can see all the acrobatic moves and etc.

I agree.

How about replace Force sense/seeing with a radar? Maybe it could be under the same name and acts like a Force power where you can add points to it to widen the range of the radar and pick up other things.

• 1 month later...

Archived