Home

New Jedi Knight Game Rumors

Weirdbeard

I even sent an email when I was working on the backhand styles. I covered download numbers, communitty desires, and other facts. I even posted a link to the Link style and backhand style for them with 0 downloads so I could tell if they got the letter. I got 3 downloads so that means that someone who cared downloaded my mods. Still never got a reply and no source code.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is your opinion and I respect it, but I'm going to disagree in regards to platforms.

Many gamers don't want to worry about upgrading their pc's over the course of years to keep playing games. Consoles don't have this problem. Buy game and play; that's it.

Age really doesn't affect computer vs pc sales in regards to gaming. I'm 29 and still get consoles and play them more often than the pc.

I'm not sure what you mean by "fads" in regards to consoles either. Sure there is popular consoles and 'console wars' but the same is true for computers. PC vs Mac is huge and has been going on for years.

I'll always have a soft spot for pc games with their modding abilities, when they have it, but consoles have just as great of games as the computer does.

I agree. The Xbox 360 costs $200 which is about the same price as a good graphics card for the PC. In 2006 when I was 39 years old I bought an Xbox 360 and it became my main gaming machine over the PC. I'm now 43 and have played a lot of good games for the 360 with HD graphics on my 50 inch Plasma HDTV. The only thing missing from the consoles is the modding abilities.

The Force Unleashed on the 360 is awesome. So is Tomb Raider Legend, Tomb Raider Anniversary, and Tomb Raider Underworld. Wolfenstien on the 360 also has an awesome SP campaign.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I would like to play a new JA game, But introduce some new characters to the mix!!

I ran an old school 2003. I managed to build this, my new machine (I still have my old one) for rather cheap. I have two AMD Athlon 64 Quad Cores, an NVidia GeForce 8600 GT, 8 Gigs of Ram, a Custom Motherboard (for two processors), and a 1 TB HD. Total cost to me was in the area of 800 USD. All it requires is a little research, and knowing where to look. You find computers people are throwing away which have the components you want, buy them, or take them (assuming they are free of course). Put them together (Assuming they are compatible) and you have a high-end computer. Oh look, Emulators for the PS3, XBox, and such, now I don't need those, and I can play my PC Xbox and PS3 games... and it doesn't cost me as much as buying new platforms. 200 for the Xbox 360. PS3 started out at what, 900 dollars? What is it down to now? Is buying both of those going to cost less than $800? Lets say yes, they do. Can either of those still run high end PC games?

I usually just ghost the forums, looking for things that interest me. This topic happens to interest me enough to reply. I might point out, I've been watching it a long, long time. The original prediction was obviously flawed. It has been more than 5 years, and no JK 4. I don't honestly care if there are new characters, all I care about is that the game plays like the old ones, some new stuff might be acceptable. I would very much enjoy a new JK game. I would also very much enjoy it being for PC. I just don't find it likely.

Lucky them, I guess =p my point still stands, trying to port an 'advanced' game to Linux in crunch time for the minority of your market isn't something many companies are willing to risk or spend money on.

Then comes bug crunching, marketing, sustaining/updating..

Sure it's been done, from time to time, but I don't think either of us would have high hopes if we had some figures/graphs/statistics of the reality.

Razor those minority market are so untrue.... but i won't start a useless discussion, i'm already got bored of this BS crap. No offense intended!

Anyway UE3 is crap as an game engine too much problems and bugs within the src code and cost quite to much for it's worth... ST: the old republic is using this game engine. I don't think that there will be a next JK at all.

• 3 weeks later...

I now have hope for a jedi knight 4 some day. One of the top 3 games that would get me to buy a console / portable is now in development. Megaman legends 3 and I can't wait to see that game.

Now I'm just waiting on lucas arts / raven to make jedi knight 4 and activision to make vigilante 3. (vigilante arcade doesn't count since it's a remake of the 1st game)

Archived