Home

New Jedi Knight Game Rumors

Weirdbeard

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope the next Jedi Knight will use Euphoria and DMM as The Force Unleashed uses and will be multiplayer only becours there is not much anymore add to single player unless they make it a completely different story.

Firstly, there's not going to be anymore. JA killed it off.

And secondly, multiplayer only would only make it worse - the Jedi knight games have relied on stories and single player action - making in an online only game would be the biggest mistake ever.

But, seeing as they're not making one, it's no big deal.

I think there is not going to be a jk4.We willl have to live with all the others,its okay though.This series has ended up like all of he other LA games like Tie Fighter KOTOR and many others.LA kills off many of their series right in the middle of the excitement.:(

Man,I loved all the older and first JK games.Had way better stories before the later ones.

Maybe I'm wrong but i'll stick with the remnants of the jk2 players ;)

I think there is not going to be a jk4.We willl have to live with all the others,its okay though.This series has ended up like all of he other LA games like Tie Fighter KOTOR and many others.LA kills off many of their series right in the middle of the excitement.:(

Man,I loved all the older and first JK games.Had way better stories before the later ones.

Maybe I'm wrong but i'll stick with the remnants of the jk2 players ;)

I'll stick with you Katarn00. As much as TFU is good JO imo is still the top dog. I mean the saber combat in JO was so much fun, after a while saber duels in TFU do get slitely repetive. In JO that doesnt happen every encounter is a fun and a exciting duel. Man I wish they would make a JK game like the old school JK and JO. *Dreams of the ultimate JK game*

This series has ended up like all of he other LA games like Tie Fighter KOTOR and many others.LA kills off many of their series right in the middle of the excitement.:(

This series started out good, then took a nosedive. LA didn't need to kill it - JK3 saw off any hopes of more JK games.

I'll stick with you Katarn00. As much as TFU is good JO imo is still the top dog. I mean the saber combat in JO was so much fun, after a while saber duels in TFU do get slitely repetive. In JO that doesnt happen every encounter is a fun and a exciting duel. Man I wish they would make a JK game like the old school JK and JO. *Dreams of the ultimate JK game*

Comparing two completely different games (and indeed they are - the only thing similar is the 'Star War' at the top) is pointless - they have two completely different purposes.

What made jk2 (PC version, mind you) so outstanding in my book was the lightsaber combat in sp - it's so immersive, after years of playing it I still have a blast each time I pit myself against NPCs.

Sadly, jk3 wasn't just that at its time, since somehow they managed to bungle the swordplay so thoroughly that it wasn't fun anymore (hit detection etc.), and the new force powers were also quite stupid IMO ('cept for Force Sense - which kinda made sense, in deed).

I only play SP and I agree with you on its tight controls and high replay value. I was wondering though if your comments were about JA MP or SP? I loved JO SP and I love JA SP. I seem to recall feeling that they played a little differently in the beginning, but now they feel the same to me. Maybe it was the fact that I started JA off with the staff and it is very different from the single.

The new force powers made the game even easier. Use protect or rage and just rush the enemy.

Yeah, we really are getting like 5 or more of these threads a month. The fact is, we probably won't get another JK game for a while. It goes in cycles:

Jedi Knight

MotS (expansion)

5 years go by

Jedi Outcast

Jedi Academy (sort of an expansion)

5 years go by

New JK.

So where's our new game??? :)

If there was an new jkgame here's a list of what i'd expect from it...

1.Good gameplay

2.You have a choice of playing Kyle or Jaden

3.Good story

4.Good Graphics

5.Real emotions,players react realistic when contact comes

6.Good voice acting

7.Really though out levles,objects,weapons,etc....

That's all I can think of right now,but sadly LucasArts does not know of Jedi Knight anymore,

now they're focusing on Force Unleashed,Battlefront,and stuff.

It just makes me furious when LA makes a game they end it after about 3 games and then start a new series,it's just like finish what you started.

Just opinion.

If there was an new jkgame here's a list of what i'd expect from it...

1.Good gameplay

2.You have a choice of playing Kyle or Jaden

3.Good story

4.Good Graphics

5.Real emotions,players react realistic when contact comes

6.Good voice acting

7.Really though out levles,objects,weapons,etc....

This is all for SP:

1. I liked the gameplay of JO and thought it was improved in JA. Maybe make it where guns could be used more effectively against Force users.

2. Good idea for a choice between Jaden and Kyle. I like the create a character option and don't want to really give it up.

3. A good story is a plus, but I prefer gameplay. JA's story was like a TV series. Episodic and didn't link together well. But any excuse they give me to hack up people with a lightsaber is good enough for me. As long as they can fight back.

4. I don't care so much for graphics as long as they use better physics.

5. Not sure what you mean here.

6. Kyle needs to be Jeff Bennett or no one!

7. Goes without saying.

I really just like fighting other force users with lightsaber combat. I would not like to see the developer remove this gameplay element. I don't care to run around a slash people up with my unstopable saber and powers, it tends to get old after awhile; looking at you Unleashed, and I only played it at Gamestop!

Maybe a new direction to take the series would be to under-power the Jedi? Could make the game harder. At level 3 defense there is no reason to face Stormtroopers again.

This doesn't really have anything to do with it, but to everyone referring to the next installment as Jedi Knight IV (4): It would not be Jedi Knight IV, it would be Jedi Knight III (3). Jedi Academy was not a sequel, it was a spin-off, just like Mysteries of the Sith. The main story (i.e the numbered titles) follows and explores the character of Kyle Katarn. The two other game I mentioned are spin-offs following other characters associated with Kyle. It urks me when people erroneously refer to Jedi Academy as Jedi Knight III when that isn't what it is.

If there will be a next installment, it won't be a sequel to Jedi Academy, it'll be a sequel to Jedi Outcast: vaguely alluding to the events of Jedi Academy but not being dependent upon them, the same way Jedi Outcast vaguely glazed over the events of Mysteries of the Sith (only with a single phrase in the opening crawl, no less) but never really mentioned anything about them whatsoever.

Sorry, that sort of always bothered me.

Anyway, what I'd like to see for Jedi Knight III is a story set during the latter years of the Legacy of the Force novels, where Luke and his family are busy battling the forces of his nephew, Darth Caedus. Meanwhile, Kyle Katarn, feeling down over the recent death of his dear friend and former pupil, Mara Jade Skywalker, pursues some leads he's found on a separate Sith organization forming in what used to be Sith space. Kyle believes these other Sith to be a far greater threat to the galaxy than Caedus or his successors will ever be. It turns out that this shadowy organization is the infant Sith Order of Darth Krayt.

Obviously Kyle will need to fail at stopping the Sith since they will obviously show up later in the Star Wars timeline. Perhaps this could be Kyle's last adventure? Kyle, having battled and been defeated by whomever the villain might be, and having learned the technique used to preserve one's consciousness in the Force upon death, passes into the next life in the arms of Jan Ors. Once his body vanishes, we catch a brief glimpse of Kyle being greeted in the Netherworld of the Force by Morgan Katarn, Qu Rawn and Mara Jade Skywalker.

I liked Jason Courts in the cut scenes, but I don't know if he would fit the older Kyle they are portraying now. I could be wrong and he could be great at reprising his role. So I concede that point. I don't think they will ever go back to live-action cut scenes though.

Oh, you'd be surprised. Some actors are very good at playing roles of different ages than their own.

As for live-action cut scenes.... the only obstruction would be funding. Many games prove that it's more than technologically possible (Enter The Matrix, Command & Conquer 3, etc).

This doesn't really have anything to do with it, but to everyone referring to the next installment as Jedi Knight IV (4): It would not be Jedi Knight IV, it would be Jedi Knight III (3). Jedi Academy was not a sequel, it was a spin-off, just like Mysteries of the Sith. The main story (i.e the numbered titles) follows and explores the character of Kyle Katarn. The two other game I mentioned are spin-offs following other characters associated with Kyle. It urks me when people erroneously refer to Jedi Academy as Jedi Knight III when that isn't what it is.

If there will be a next installment, it won't be a sequel to Jedi Academy, it'll be a sequel to Jedi Outcast: vaguely alluding to the events of Jedi Academy but not being dependent upon them, the same way Jedi Outcast vaguely glazed over the events of Mysteries of the Sith (only with a single phrase in the opening crawl, no less) but never really mentioned anything about them whatsoever.

Sorry, that sort of always bothered me.

Anyway, what I'd like to see for Jedi Knight III is a story set during the latter years of the Legacy of the Force novels, where Luke and his family are busy battling the forces of his nephew, Darth Caedus. Meanwhile, Kyle Katarn, feeling down over the recent death of his dear friend and former pupil, Mara Jade Skywalker, pursues some leads he's found on a separate Sith organization forming in what used to be Sith space. Kyle believes these other Sith to be a far greater threat to the galaxy than Caedus or his successors will ever be. It turns out that this shadowy organization is the infant Sith Order of Darth Krayt.

Obviously Kyle will need to fail at stopping the Sith since they will obviously show up later in the Star Wars timeline. Perhaps this could be Kyle's last adventure? Kyle, having battled and been defeated by whomever the villain might be, and having learned the technique used to preserve one's consciousness in the Force upon death, passes into the next life in the arms of Jan Ors. Once his body vanishes, we catch a brief glimpse of Kyle being greeted in the Netherworld of the Force by Morgan Katarn, Qu Rawn and Mara Jade Skywalker.

I think your FIRST part of the story is good,but i can't stand the ending.

A game based on a character can't kill em off at the end unless they have a good explanation for it,like TFU.

This is my idea-

While the Skywalker family is searching for Darth Caedus,Kyle Katarn struggles

with the recent deaths of his fellow jedi in the Yuhzaan Vong war,he travels the galaxy when Jaden Korr suddenly is missing.Kyle finds Jaden but he is consumed from the dark side.Kyle travels the galaxy trying to stop a plot that could destroy the rebellion forever,Jaden is going to try to destroy Yavin 4.Kyle roams each space station crippling it to destroy any touch of the dark side on it.While Kyle is searching for his bounty,Jaden retreives henchman to hunt down kyle katarn.Kyle goes stealth so these assassins cant find him.

Possible new planets,weapons,and new ship for kyle.

Eww, no! No more Jaden! Jaden sucks, especially now that they've canonized him as a male, and the male voice actor was terrible. The female one was awesome, and that's because it was Jennifer Hale, the voice of Bastila Shan from Knights of the Old Republic.

So yes: let's forget all about Jaden. I wish Lucas Licensing would never touch the character again other than a mention or two here and there, but now they've got a freaking book coming out where he is the main character, which I am not happy about.

Death to Jaden! Have Kyle fight the infant One Sith Order. Hell, they don't even have to kill him off as I suggested.

Archived