Home

New Jedi Knight Game Rumors

Weirdbeard

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, they're making a stupid book about said stupid character set after the Legacy of the Force novels yet somehow linking to the Great Hyperspace War of 5,000 BBY. Somebody on the Dark Horse message boards linked to a blog about it from StarWars.Com. If I can find it, I'll post it here.

Indeed.

Here's a link to the Wookieepedia article, which I believe links to said blog at the bottom. If it takes place in two different eras, I'll bet it's probably one of those kids' books from Scholastic Books, since they like to do that often. That makes me somewhat relieved as I usually just disregard those junior novels.

It'll be nice if they retcon him to be a woman, though. But I don't see that happening.

Yes Jaden was indeed not that great of a character in the story, or Rosh for that matter. I just liked the custom character idea and feature. But now that I think over a little more the book could indeed not be very entertaining.

Unless they go with the Dark side ending.

I know the Light side ending is cannon.

Eww, no! No more Jaden! Jaden sucks, especially now that they've canonized him as a male, and the male voice actor was terrible. The female one was awesome, and that's because it was Jennifer Hale, the voice of Bastila Shan from Knights of the Old Republic.

So yes: let's forget all about Jaden. I wish Lucas Licensing would never touch the character again other than a mention or two here and there, but now they've got a freaking book coming out where he is the main character, which I am not happy about.

Death to Jaden! Have Kyle fight the infant One Sith Order. Hell, they don't even have to kill him off as I suggested.

second that.

die jaden die!!! and take rosh with you!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
If there were going to be any more JK Series games, LucasArts would not have waited over half a decade. They would have pushed out any old crap as quickly as possible, in order to make a quick buck. That's how LucasArts operate.

Yep. Pretty much.

I doubt there'll be another game. they'll continue it with the whole Force Unleashed line of games, probably. At least in spirit.

Frankly I'm about done with Jedi. They really don't interest me. I want to play a smuggler. Fat chance of that happening, though. Star Wars now equals prequels, which means All Jedi, All the Time.

Pretty much why I'm basically done with Star Wars as a whole, come to think of it.

... I want to play a smuggler ...

Can't you do that in SWG? If not, you could at least hope that the JKA Galaxies mod currently in the making will at some point allow you to play a smuggler. I think they're open for suggestions so you could check out their forum and see what the chances are.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, I can’t believe this forum is still going. I just wanted to add that Lucas Arts can suck it as far as I am concerned. First we find out that force unleashed is not being released for the PC, then when the demo comes out it turns out to be a piece of crap-console game. No open JK playability.

I have been with LA since the first Tie Fighter release on the floppy! I really feel let down by the company as a whole. Although, I still read the books...erhmmph

So, who is modding a game for us to play JK with updated graphics and levels? It has been too long.

Archived