Home

any NWN fans out there

RevanA4

I've noticed a lot of people here have played or play neverwinter nights I was wondering what class combinations you use and what spells you like the most you may include spells from the expansion packs as well

and you can also any other part of nwn you wanna talk about

I usually play as a sorcerer/red dragon disciple/cleric

wizard/arcane archer

cleric/druid

and a druid/shifter (for the transformations)

I really don't have any favorite spells except for hellball which is an epic spell:D

I see I once again proved devon wrong:p

I think chainz.2da like nwn also but there are a lot out there.

I personally perfer range weapons over melee weapons just because most spell casters have no hit points and what spells they do have are mostly ranged spells anyway:cool:

Originally posted by jedigoku

I've noticed a lot of people here have played, or play, Neverwinter Nights. I was wondering what class combinations you use and what spells you like the most? You may include spells from the expansion packs as well.

(snip)

I really don't have any favorite spells except for hellball, which is an epic spell. :D

I've had 3 characters, one for each game or expansion in the series. I played as a cleric with the original game, as a monk with the SoU expansion and as a Sorceress/Dragon Disciple with the HotU expansion.

As for spells, I tend to mostly use my own spells when I play nowadays. I've made some 30 or so custom spells just for the sorceress character, most of them epic.

But from the standard ones, Hellball and Greater Ruin, Time Stop and Wail of the Banshee are probably the favourites since they are excessively flashy and rather useful... :)

Originally posted by jedigoku

I think chainz.2da like nwn also but there are a lot out there.

"Like" isn't the word ;)

I LOVE the NWN Series, even moreso than, dare I say, KotOR / TSL :eek:

I literally played NWN and it's expansions for over 3 years straight. I've played through most every conceivable class, alignment, party combo :D

I've also bought the latest "Official" Premium Modules from Bioware and I have to say that Pirates of the Sword Coast is becoming a headstrong title in itself... don't be surprised to see that one come into a full-fledged expansion one of these days ;)

And it was because of NWN that I even really gave KotOR a second glance... Bioware made a huge name in itself (with me) with the NWN series, so I thought "if these games are that good, surely KotOR would be as well".... and I'm glad to say it was :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Emperor Devon

Seriously, I doubt there are many NWN fans here, since they'd probably be at a NWN forum.

Wrong! :p

When LucasArts announced Bioware would be making KOTOR some 20 years ago :lol: I went to their site to see what other games they made bought NWN and loved it since.

Of course in regular Hannibal style I uninstalled it and lost the install disk and haven't played it in a year and a half.

I refuse to buy it again because I know it's somewhere in my room. :mad:

I really like NWN, despite its dated game play. I have both of the xpacks, and I want to get the downloadable xpaks as well.

I use the PRC, which gives you loads of 3.5 classes/p-classes and loads of new races/subraces to play with.

So my favourite right now is a winged half-drow Soulblade/Bard. ^_^ But Im gonna change to a different chara when I get to the others. No sense playing the same chara through the whole thing if you dont have to heh.

Id love it if NWN used the kotor/kotor2 engine, that would be really awesome. And I cant wait for NWN2 to be released! :D

I think they use the basic idea of the engine, but if you've modded either the way they handle things is different

The in-game interfaces are completely different.

In Kotor you get to have multiple companions, NWN, you get 1, plus 2 animal summons if you have the right charas.

In Kotor you can level up your npcs, and play dress-up with them... in NWN, you cant do either (in the xpacks you get to fiddle with their inventories though but still dont have control over their feats or skills or anything).

Therefore, I think NWN would be better if it used Kotor's version of the engine/gameplay whatever you call it. :)

Originally posted by Hannibal

Why did Bioware turn NWN2 over to Obsidian? Are we going to have another TSL situation?

gadz I hope not :mad:

From the "rumors" Bioware had other obligations (ie - Dragon Age) so they handed the project off to Obsidian...

just hearsay though from what I can tell... ;)

Does this mean Obsidian is feeding off of Biowares scraps? They may be gaining a reputation. It kinda reminds me of a great movie that has a B movie sequel. You know they made a "Cruel Intentions 3?!?"

Seriously though, I bought the pack with NWN and both expansion packs a few months ago. It seems like a great game but evertime I try to play it something goes wrong with my computer and I have to reformat. I want to play the game, but I think it is my destiny to never play it . :cry6:

Does this mean Obsidian is feeding off of Biowares scraps? They may be gaining a reputation. It kinda reminds me of a great movie that has a B movie sequel. You know they made a "Cruel Intentions 3?!?"

I see it as Bioware putting development of the sequels to their games in hands they know are capable, since they've worked closely with many of the Obsidian people before. From Obsidian's viewpoint it allows them to gain a foothold in a rather competitive industry and make a name for themselves by working on already established and well-known game series.

I'd rather have a good sequel to a great game made by someone else, than no seqel at all since Bioware has other projects going.

I'd rather have a good sequel to a great game made by someone else, than no seqel at all since Bioware has other projects going.

I agree. As long as the sequel isn't horrible, then it's better than no sequel.

I was really just trying to make a joke about Obsidian, but I guess it wasn't that funny. meh.

• 3 weeks later...
I agree. As long as the sequel isn't horrible, then it's better than no sequel.

I was really just trying to make a joke about Obsidian, but I guess it wasn't that funny. meh.

I just hope it maintains the status that the orgial on has as one of the greatest rpgs ever

I love NeverWinter Nights. As much as I like KOTOR and Final Fantasy NWN is the ultimate RPG IMO. I have both of the XPacks, though am only halfway through 'Hordes of the Underdark' NWN was what introduced me to the 'Forgotten Realms' universe and subsequently other games like Baldurs Gate, Icewind Dale, and the wonderful novels set in this universe(look at my av!)

I havent played any of the premium modules, though they definitely look interesting.

I actually dont like being a spellcaster at all... Im usually a Ranger/Paladin/Fighter.

I really dont know much about the MP element of NWN :(

heres my current party....I love my panther!!

I see you're a fan of Deekin Scalesinger :D

and you've made him a top notch Red Dragon Disciple (I love the wings... especially on my PC too!) hehehe...

hehe I've souped up my sorcerer class so it has a ton of spells and a ton of spells per day just so I can actually have fun with the sorcerer/ red dragon disciple class combo and I made it so I can pick the epic spells as a red dragon disciple also

I love the noobs that use fire spells on you when you are on cuz it is like hehe you can't hurt me

Archived