Home

SW Game Collection

Bon Solar

Hey guys,

If you look in my signature space below you will see the 8 Star Wars games i own. I was just wondering what games i SHOULD add to this collection, SW games people recommend etc because i am looking to get more.

Kotor 2 is not on the list as i only ordered it off Amazon yesterday so should be on the list by tomorrow.

I was thinking about SW Galaxies but frankly its a bloody rip off in my mind.

Anyway, recommend away,

Cheers, BS

Are you opposed to getting some older ones? If not, run, nay, leap to your- uh, nearest... somewhere(?), and pick up the Super Star Wars games for the SNES.

Perhaps check out a Rogue Squadron game as well as Galactic Battlegrounds?

From the GameBoy try out... pokes around to see if anyone is looking ... try out Yoda Stories

Yeah, stay away from Galaxies... :o

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

Are you opposed to getting some older ones? If not, run, nay, leap to your- uh, nearest... somewhere(?), and pick up the Super Star Wars games for the SNES.

Yeah, stay away from Galaxies... :o

What is wrong with Star Wars Galaxies? I don't have it, so don't think I ask this question in defense. I just want to know before I go buy the thing.

Originally posted by MdKnightR

What is wrong with Star Wars Galaxies? I don't have it, so don't think I ask this question in defense. I just want to know before I go buy the thing.

I have galaxies, and after they put in the CU, the lag has been terrible. I have Comcast cable internet, and it is still very bad. According to other LFers on galaxies.net, the only way to solve the lag is to get a gig of memory. Thats a lot, and it shouldn't take that much.

Besides the lag to me galaxies is a good game. But there are still a lot of things that I don't like. So unless you can afford to get a gig of memory, galaxies isn't worth it. And even then, it still might not be worth it.

Some of the problems besides lag include Jedi running around eveyrwhere, the combat system sucking, and the beginning of the game is quite boring. And now they've made it almost impossible for people to go solo. You basically have to join a group.

So I say don't get galaxies. Its too much money for an average game.

I wish I would have had somebody tell me all this stuff before I got the game. I thought it would b awesome and the best game ever :o

Originally posted by Bon Solar

Cheers for the recommendations. I was thinking Obi-Wan for the Xbox? Any good?

No.

Originally posted by Bon Solar

Galactic Battlegrounds definately looks a possible too.

Its OK, but I don't play it any more.

well, currently my collection consists only of Kotor I and Kotor II. granted, i have a lot of other games in my collection; its just that those are the only Star Wars games in my collection.

i used to own Jedi Academy, but i didn't like it hardly at all. it was kinda fun to swing a lightsaber around, but it really wore off with such a bad story and poor graphics quality. and the multiplayer was even worse considering it was really nothing more than a massive chat room. so, i chucked that game in favor of Far Cry. definately a good desicion. :D

as for the game i want: Lego Star Wars. i keep forgetting to pick it up. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by stingerhs

i used to own Jedi Academy, but i didn't like it hardly at all. it was kinda fun to swing a lightsaber around, but it really wore off with such a bad story and poor graphics quality. and the multiplayer was even worse considering it was really nothing more than a massive chat room. so, i chucked that game in favor of Far Cry. definately a good desicion. :D

I felt much the same way about Jedi Outcast. I tryed to play it a couple of times, but the graphics suck and it wasn't very enjoyable anyway. I ended up giving it away.

Off of Star Wars, does anyone have an opinion about Matrix Online? I have considered getting it, but I don't know.

All these rogue squadron games, they GC only?

The first Rogue Squadron was for the N64. Good times. :)

Its sequels, Rogue Leader and Rebel Strike, are for the Gamecube. They are both good games, and its graphics are top-notch, but even they don't last long in entertainment value. Especially Rebel Strike, which main story was even shorter. But as an added bonus, it had a 2 player Co-op mode for the missions in Rogue Leader! So it was like a two-in-one deal.

Will you like it? I dunno. But I loved it because you could pilot the Millennium Falcon. :D

Archived