Home

SW Toys

Bon Solar

Yes. The ones you bought are commons and uncommons. Cool pieces for the most part worth only what you paid for them. The rares and very rares are those really expensive ones. In one booster, you're guaranteed that ratio you listed. There's a 1 in 3 chance that the rare inside your booster will be a very rare (this is why you're better off going with cases; four very rares and eight rares in a case of 12; 2 very rares and 4 rares in a case of 6). Info on the rarity of these new 'Huge' pieces is limited. I'm hoping that it's possible to get a very rare Huge and still get a rare or very rare normal piece.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have not really bought cases or anything, i was just lucky with the boosters i got. Clone strike actually is not sellign well around here, most stores that carry them always seem to have a pretty good stock, but rebel Strike is totally gone, i bought the last 5 packs i saw... Havent seen any since.

Well, ill keep looking around to find the best prices and things. Should get my order on Tuesday or perhaps even Monday. I also know a few sort of hobby shops/collecting/toy shops near me so ill check them for SW Mini's.

I'm also contemplating the mini Lightsabers or Obi-Wan stuff in general

There are tons of Obi minis if you just wanna go after those. There's one in the Rebel Storm set. I bought mine on eBay for $30 with shipping. Pretty steep, but I really wanted him :p

There is also General Kenobi in the Clone Strike set and Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Master from RotS. There's Obi on the Boga in the Universe Huge set. I don't want it and it'll be trade fodder for me.

There are tons of cheap Obi figures for sale. Maybe it's a good thing that not worth that much? :p My favorites are the following:

Power of the Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi or Original Trilogy Collection Obi-Wan Kenobi (they're the same thing, different cards; the latter is the better pick if you're leaving him in the package)

Original Trilogy Collection Spirit Obi-Wan (so much better than the Lays mailaway which I have a fondness for since I played with it)

Power of the Force 2 Flashback Photo Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi (he's got the hood and was the first to be able to hold his saber with two hands)

'96 12" Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenboi (they redid Old Ben in '04, but the original has a better sculpt despite his lack of articulation)

'99 12" Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM)

'02 12" Obi-Wan Kenobi (AotC)

FAO Exclusive Epic Force Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi (I have all the Epic Force guys save for the three FAO exclusives)

Epic Force Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM)

Yes it is. That's what I try to sell my rares at. No more than $5, even though stores get more for them. I sold three of my five rare duplicates at $3.99 on eBay. Traded a Bossk for Anakin Jedi Knight and am gonna trade my Tarkin for an R2-D2. Then my Rebel Storm set will be complete :cool: Me and daring traded. My dupe very rare Boba for his very rare Probe Droid. We both won from it I think. I could have screwed him over and taken his Wampa too :p If you trade off those boards I showed ya, there are people to take advantage of. I try not to being a nice guy. A lot of the people I could jip are your age so do be careful if you do go on there ;) Always trade a rare for a rare and a very rare for a very rare. Maybe two rares for one very rare or vice versa. One time I was able to trade two uncommons for a rare and eight uncommons for two rares. You just gotta look for the best deal ;)

Oh one last thing about value. Most people buying these things aren't like us. They're miniatures gamers. The better pieces for the game sell for more. Sure, Boba Fett looks cool, but he also is one of the best pieces in the game. Therefore, he sells for $30+. If you like Boba and are willing to pay some dough for him, $30 ain't bad. He'll go back up to $50+ once the Rebel Storm reissue is outta print. It's really limited quantity so it won't be too long before that happens. Enjoy these "low" prices while you can. They'll shoot back up. I'm able to finish my set by making some VR purchases on eBay. Wampa only $15 (usually $20+), Dewback from the same guy $25 (usually $30+). I found the Dewback for less, but it's easier to buy from the same seller. Besides, I made $15 from all my auctions and have a lot of commons/ uncommons I'll list on there next week.

Well i should have 18/60 for the RS in a few days (aslong as freebie with order is a different character) Isn't bad for 2 days :D - I'm trying to find the really cheap ones on ebay, some auction are clearly missed by others so ill take advantage.

Have you got pictures of your collection?

It's scattered all over my room. I'd have taken a pic by now, but I take them off the shelf to play and stuff. Plus I got some diorama thing going for it. Half of them are on my minis shelf, the other half are now on my dresser. Everything is spread out and not looking decent. I will post pics later, but believe me, they won't do my collection justice. I didn't bother putting the stuff back due to this next set. I'm going to wait for this next set before displaying my stuff again. If you're interested in what I have, I will soon have all of the RS set along with all of the unique Jedi from the other two sets. I skipped the dupe of Agen in RotS, and instead of getting both Obis and Anakins, I got them from RotS because I loved that movie as much as the originals. I got all of the non-unique fringers from CS and RotS as well. I love the aliens and Fringers the most :cool:

daring has a thing for Boba like you do Obi. I told him to post updated pics of it now that he's got the mini of him. I advise you do the same for you Obi collection if at all possible ;) We post pics of our collection here. Don't bother looking at my links; they're all broken. I will update them eventually I suppose if you're curious. daring and Z have seen it. Not sure about Zappa.

Wow...those are huge collections, i don't know if i'd dedicate a ROOM to my figures, i might take over the cellar and display my stuff down there or make a little room in this attic bit i have to display them. My room is huge but filled with my drum kit, computer, tv, ps2,xbox and all the normal other stuff.

I got my bedroom and half of my basement. When I started this I was 8. I was cool for having all of these things in my room. But 10 years later, I kinda regret it. Don't get me wrong, I still love what I have. But would rather not have it being in my room. It can all go in my basement and I could move the TV and XBOX into my room.

All of these pics are over two years old. Mine don't show. I'll retake mine for ya to see ;)

Yah i wanna take more pics, and especially of my boba stuff. My room is pretty big so i fit my colelction, and a tv with xbox and ps2 lol..and my pc. Right now my boba collection has alot more small stuff, but i dotn have my potf2 red or green card in it (carded) i had them on my wall, and then boxed them to make room for votc and such...gotta find them. I remember your pics katarn...they were awsome, but now they are all gone.

Btw as for other great obi wan collectibles, check ebay for applause items. They are plastic statues, that are nice, and usually cheap.

Forgot Applause because I don't own any. They're pretty cool things for the price though ;)

Yeah, the old cable company was AT&T but they got bought up by Comcast. Once our internet sevice changed, all my pics of the AT&T site vanished. They're all on my old PC's harddrive which is a piece of **** and won't start.

I have quite alot of Star Wars toys I quite like them! ^_^ I have a General Grevious, Nute Gunray, Runne Hakko, Padm'e, Obi Wan, Qui Gon, Darth Vader.

I have them on a self in my room, there used for display use. I have also got a Darth Maul but I have no removed it from the packet. I hope one day it will be worth a lot of money! ^_^

-Okura

Just to clear up something you mentioned about your minis. All the ones you have are nonuniques. A unique mini is like Lando or any character that only one exists of. In the game, if the mini is a unique, you can only have one on the map at any given time. All the rest, you can have multiple ones of. Stormies are nonuniques for obvious reasons but the aliens can serve useful in numbers.

Archived