Home

SW Toys

Bon Solar

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feel free to keep posting. Don't let us scare you away. We're all over collecting as well. It's just that I get too easily pissed off thinking about Hasbro and stuff so we need to vary our topics of discussion. I also refuse to get AIM again so we have to do this here for all you to see ;)

Yup, I know you'd like Sky Captain. I wish they'd make a sequel or two it was that good.

Hehehe. It's funny that these figures show how dumb Hasbro is. It took them 25 years to make 300 figures. It took three years to make only 200 more? I don't care if two movies happened to be released within that time. I think half of them were resculpts and **** :rolleyes:

Vader's still nice. I wish they'd include a list of every figure they've done. They kinda did on Boba. PotF1 Han in Carbonite was 100 ('83? '85?), Mara Jade 200 ('98?), and then the Boba of course, 300 ('02).

'99 ;)

I think Kenner and Hasbro were always linked somehow and Hasbro just slapped their name on everything. Although, I was just a kid and maybe got that impression somewhere and it's stuck with me ever since.... Too lazy and don't care enough to really investigate. Hasbro is the Microsoft of toys. Mattel is the only real contender anymore. Barbie, Hotwheels, and they got the Batman license from Hasbro but are probably realizing why Hasbro gave it up (it doesn't sell because their choices for figs suck!)There are a few other companies still left untouched. Playmates (who after giving up their Star Trek license seems to only make Turtles) and Toy Biz (Marvel Comics and LotR are their best selling lines if they even make anything else....)

Yah i wasnt sure..99..98..

I dotn believe they were linked, i think hasbro boughtkenner in the early 90's and dint put the name on the figures til then. I like Playmates, and i like Toy Biz from what they make, but they arnt as big as they should be. I still think Mcfarlane has the best stuff..but its more for collectors. Mezco does nothing really, but i love what they are doing with family guy.

McFarlane is pretty big too, but not for kids at all as said. Way too expensive. I remember when their Spawn guys were $8. Now everything is no less than $10. I hesitated on the Matrix lobby guys because they were $12 a piece. Really regret that now....

I coulda got one twin for $10. What good is one without the other? Plus, I hate the Twins. I didn't think they were that cool to begin with. I didn't think I could sell it for much without the other on eBay without the other so I didn't bother.

And they break easily. The old and new stuff are very fragile. Plus, what kind of parent would buy kids Spawn toys? That's a very adult comic full of intense violence and demonic images, strong language, and the occasional sexual thing. I'll admit, I read them when I was little but I was mature enough to do so at age 8-10. I only played with series 1 and 2 guys. I broke most of them; very fragile things. Even the ones I collected tended to break if someone bumped the shelf :rolleyes:

Archived