Home

Favorite Music (any genre)

MdKnightR

Which of these is your absolute favorite kind of music?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these is your absolute favorite kind of music?

• Metal/Hard Rock (hair bands, death, hardcore, etc.)
    • Jazz (smooth, free, progressive, etc.)
    • New Age
    • Classical
    • Pop
    • Rock n Roll (classic or modern)
    • Ethnic/Cultural (any)
    • Blues
    • Country
    • Other

I like mainly hip-hop and r&b stuff like Usher, Will Smith, all members of G-Unit, Kanye West, etc but I also like stuff like Beastie Boys, Weird Al, The Beatles, and soundtrack music from SW and LotR. Weird combinations, huh?

I like mainly hip-hop and r&b stuff like Usher, Will Smith, all members of G-Unit, Kanye West, etc but I also like stuff like Beastie Boys, Weird Al, The Beatles, and soundtrack music from SW and LotR. Weird combinations, huh?

Not at all! I like a lot of different types of music. I just decided to start the thread with my 3 most favorite. I like classical, some older r&b, bluesy rock, techno, the list goes on and on. However, I must admit that I do not like rap/hip-hop or country.

The real music of the devil!!! Satan wears a cowboy hat!
:rofl: definately agreed.

anyways, i'm into the Christian Rock stuff. and my preferences range from punk to hardcore to metal. well, at least its the music that i'm passionate about.

as for other music that i enjoy a lot: classical, soundtracks, gospel (as in Kirk Franklin and Fred Hammond; not the Gaithers), gospel hip-hop, jazz, 40's era big band music, and a couple of others. :D

70's and 80's Metal, and any other type of Rock, some New Age, and even some Classical... But mostly I judge music on an individual basis. I listen to what I want and leave the rest... ;)

Coincidentally, my first year in college, I did a painting based on that theme! It was an abstract rendering of a still life that had a banjo in it. I put a pentegram on the banjo and called it "Country Music is Evil."

All I have to say about this is... good show man! :D

[Jar Jar] Mesa thinkin allsa Country Musikin isa all bombad! [/Jar Jar] :jarjar:

:D

I like all types of music. Not so much Hip/hop or rap though, but there are a few songs I like.

Lately I've been on a HUGH Crash Test Dummies kick. Anyone remember them? "MMMM MMMM MMMM MMMM" was their only hit, but they are still around. They actually have a pretty solid fan base.

i like just about any type of music. the bands that probably get the most play from me are Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rage Against the Machine, Flaming Lips, Beck, Charles Mingus, Beastie Boys, Jimi Hendrix, They Might Be Giants, my own band, The Roots... geeze i could probably list bands all night long :band1

however, this is probably my favorite song right now

Muse are great, i like an old song for them but i dont remamber its name, maybe "New born".

Yeah that is a cool song one of their best i think different as well, it's on their origin of symmery album i think thats their best my favourite, should listen to other songs from that album if you like new born.

I like my Rock old and new, also so hard rock and metal, my fave band are Muse great guitarist amazing riffs his a genius.

Muse is a great band. I´ve been into them since the beginning. I have all their cd´s and have seen them a few times live. And I must say, one of the best live performing bands. ;)

Normally my music is more or less rock but it can change with my mood or where I´m at.

Since we have begun naming bands...

My all time favorite band is KISS. A close second is Savatage. If you like both metal and classical, you would love Savatage. They also started the Trans-Siberian Orchestra which is another of my favorites. Other noteworthy bands are Iron Maiden, Guns N Roses, Skid Row, Cinderella, Megadeth, Ted Nugent, Ratt, Van Halen, Slaughter, Dio, Jackyl, Leatherwolf, Lizzy Borden, and W.A.S.P.

I saw someone say Christian music. If you haven't heard of these old school metal bands, you should check them out...Bloodgood, Barren Cross, and Rage of Angels.

Newer bands...Evanescence, Nickelback, Chevelle, and I have kinda gotten into Killswitch Engage as of late.

Personally for me I like hard rock/80's rock/90's rock/country/hard metal/classical

My personal favorite country artist is Keith Urban. Many say I sound a lot like him when I am singing and he's a very good guitarist so I'd pick him to be my favorite. ;)

Metal/Rap Rock I like Linkin' Park hands down. I love their sound and the music is catchy. :)

:ben:

General Kenobi

Archived