• Italian
    • Korean
    • Chinese
    • Japanese
    • Greek
    • Native American
    • Indian
    • Other

I just paid attention to your sig... and I can spell worth a damn, yet I could still understand it... so your point is invalidated. hehe

Its a radio-button poll so I couldnt answer it correctly... but in order of liking:

Japanese

Thai

Korean

Italian

American Indian (not "native"). ;)

Originally posted by MdKnightR

What do you like in the way of ethnic foods?

NOT A FAIR QUESTION:p

lets see here

Thai

Mexican

Italian

Korean

Chinese

Japanese

Greek

Native American

Indian

look firmilar:p

like Darth333 it depend on my mood:D

Originally posted by Aash Li

Native American is anyone born in America, as defined by the dictionary (looking up "native"). So the correct term when referring to an indian from the americas is American Indian. :)

I beg to differ! After having lived in Tahlequah, Oklahoma (capital of the western band Cherokee Nation) for 6 years, I can firmly say that most "American Indians" hate being called that. Even the state license plates say "Native America" along the bottom. Many even prefer to be referred to by specific tribe since "Indian" is an incorrect classification by Christopher Columbus, whom they look at as being the scourge of their race. I know it may seem PC (politically correct), but Native American is a more accurate description.

I beg to differ! After having lived in Tahlequah, Oklahoma (capital of the western band Cherokee Nation) for 6 years, I can firmly say that most "American Indians" hate being called that. Even the state license plates say "Native America" along the bottom. Many even prefer to be referred to by specific tribe since "Indian" is an incorrect classification by Christopher Columbus, whom they look at as being the scourge of their race. I know it may seem PC (politically correct), but Native American is a more accurate description.

I could care less about being PC. I was being correct in the usage of the words, because Im like that heh. I havent encountered to many indians around here except my grandmother who is full-blooded Mohawk; the rest of my immediate family being Irish-Scottish (god that makes me a mess doesnt it?). I dont really care which words they to call that branch of my ancestry as long as they arent using such terms disparagingly. ;) But I understand what youre saying...

But I like Indian and Chinese. Mexican and Thai is too spicy for me.

I picked Indian.

You say Mexican is too spicy for you, but Indian isn't? Indian is one of the spiciest foods on the planet. I have only had it once, but it was sooo goooood.

I had Thai last night from the local thai restaurant and I fell in love with it (again). Gang Ped is what it was called (even my mom loved it!).

Gang Ped: meat cooked in coconut milk, red curry, basil, kaffir lime beans, and bamboo shoots... so good... and they give you a small container of rice, an egg roll, and rice soup - which was just as delicious. :) They ask you how spicey you want it... so youre not gonna have mouth-burning hotness all the time. heh

*wants more now*

ah yes but according to many comunities i talked to they dont mind being called indian by each other (sort of like the N word thing for afro americans)

and who forgot to put canadian food on there poutin is the best food named after a world leader (vladimire putin) ever and who doesn't like french fries.

I'm a Italian, Chinese, Thai, Native American here ;)

My favorite food in the world is Fry Bread :D

God now I'm hungry :D

That brings back memories! I haven't heard anyone say the words "fry bread" since I left Oklahoma. There is a dish there called an Indian Taco which is basically a flat of fry bread topped with the same ingredients as a regular taco. Its really kind of like a taco salad. Since I don't eat meat, I just left the ground beef off of mine. Ever have one?

I had Thai last night from the local thai restaurant and I fell in love with it (again). Gang Ped is what it was called (even my mom loved it!).

Gang Ped: meat cooked in coconut milk, red curry, basil, kaffir lime beans, and bamboo shoots... so good... and they give you a small container of rice, an egg roll, and rice soup - which was just as delicious. :) They ask you how spicey you want it... so youre not gonna have mouth-burning hotness all the time. heh

*wants more now*

My favorite dish is Vegetable Pad Thai on the very spicy side. There are only 2 Thai restaurants where I live and one of them has 5 levels of spice on the menu....

1-Mild

2-Medium

3-Spicy

4-Very Spicy

5-Make Me Cry!

Level four is enough for me. I am kinda afraid to try the Make Me Cry. I love the spring rolls as well. Best food on earth IMHO.

Ethnic Foods! We have talked about pizza, pasta and cooking, but what about the rest of the world?

What do you like in the way of ethnic foods?

Me.....

1. Thai

2. Mexican

3. Italian

Man its got to be indian all the way.Speaking of which i had a curry last night and it was lovely. :saberr:

Archived