Home

Dealing with MAX_CVARS Errors

razorace

i dunno how you can get around it, we just disabled siege cause of it. we may even strip siege code out too speed it up.

although you could try:

making siege use config strings instead of cvars.

make the unusable by someone cvars not store with cvar_archive.

The method Raven used for displaying forcepowers, weapons and items in Siege uses a lot of cvars unfortunately... As far as I remember, it uses 16+ (UI) cvars alone just for storing the forcepower icons and descriptions which are displayed on the Siege "Join Game" screen.

Which is why the MAX_CVARS error usually pops up when you click on "Join Game" since those cvars I mentioned are being initialized at that point.

Hmmm, well it looks like it was related to the .cfgs I had in my directory while running it.

Interesting note thou, I continued to have the problem even thou I deleted my jampconfig.cfg files of both my debugger dir and the game /base. The only way to fix the problem was to remove my other .cfgs that were in the directory. This means that the engine is somehow using the files even thou the shouldn't have been touched at all during normal operation. My current thought is that maybe the engine still looks at the linuxserver.cfg or maybe all .cfgs in the /base directory even thou they aren't actually used.

Archived