Home

It's Here!

Jeff

I am very happy that the forums have upgraded, and just wanted to say thanks to everybody that worked on it. It looks great and I am looking forward to using out all the cool new features. What do you guys think?

As I spent more time getting used to the new upgrade, I realized that this was the exact same format used in another forum that I visit. And that one has never had any hardware/data problems whatsoever, as far as I can remember.

So this is a good thing. :thumbsup:

I hope the days of "There seems to be a problem with the database" are long gone. :)

Well, this certainly looks different from how it did before. A clear improvement in many ways. The new post editor is wonderful compared to the old one, and it seems I am no longer logged out every 2 minutes. :)

However, please say there will eventually be an alternative color scheme you may choose from? This current color scheme is pure torture on my eyes and it currently makes the forums very difficult to read. :stick:

Dark text on a lighter background is much easier to read than white and yellow on not-very-dark gray and blue, in my humble opinion.

Yea, I hope there will be another color scheme, and the smilies are just kinda ugly compared to vB2. It's also more difficult to see the line which seperates the post from the signature here.

But the new features are just great, good job :)

So far so good. Kudos to the LF network staffers and others who made this happen. All things considered I think it went pretty smoothly. I just had to remember my password so I could log into the new server... :D

So who did the Malak/Mira Visas banner? ChAiNz.2da?

EDIT: My bad for showing my TSL ignorance. :hit4: My apologies to all current and future readers

Ok I've been enjoying certain factors of the update. However there are some glitches I'm running into. As well as a suggestion or 2.

I have yet to get the site to retain my information. I have no security settings on cookies however the site doesn't seem to be generating any for me to retain on my at home machine. What's worse is every so often the site will log me out when I'm browsing the forums.

Suggestions Please bring back name glows. I worked so hard for that and now we no longer have them. The other thing is the ability to change one's own title. While I have no desire currently to change the custom title I made for myself I would like to be able to edit it again. I hope I'm not going to have to rearn all of those posts again just for that feature. :p

I agree with DK, however my request is that you allow everyone to have the glowing name thing right off the bat... and allow them to change their title very quickly after openning an account here, if the first is already the case , how do i do it? and if the second is already available, how do i do it? pleasssse.... :D

I agree with DK, however my request is that you allow everyone to have the glowing name thing right off the bat... and allow them to change their title very quickly after openning an account here
Come on, you have to pay your dues and earn your stripes! :D

Come on, you have to pay your dues and earn your stripes! :D

If I ever "earn my stripes", I think I'm going to use "Registered User" as my custom name. I don't know why, but I think it would be funny, provided the rankings come back.

Let's see, 2.1 post per day. Divided by 475.

Only 226.19 days untill I can change my title!! Whoo Hoo!!

Seriously, I like that only people who stick around a while can change their title and have a glowing name. It just seemes better that way.

And I miss the glowing names, even though I didn't "earn" one yet.

EDIT:

Idea!

0 post- Custom Avatar

500 post- Signatures (may cut down on newer users with super long sigs.)

750 post- ability to put a pic in you sig (same as above. Also, just another thing to look forward to)

1000 post - custom title

1500 post - Let it shine!

Seriously, I like that only people who stick around a while can change their title and have a glowing name. It just seemes better that way.

(snip)

Idea!

0 post- Custom Avatar

500 post- Signatures (may cut down on newer users with super long sigs.)

750 post- ability to put a pic in you sig (same as above. Also, just another thing to look forward to)

1000 post - custom title

1500 post - Let it shine!

The problem with that kind of thing, IMHO, is that it "rewards" quantity rather than quality, which just tends to encourage spam.

Is a person who posts 200 well thought out posts that contribute to the discussions worth less than one who posts 1000 one-liner or smiley-only posts? I guess that is subjective and depends on what it is you value in your fellow forum members. :)

It doesn't matter either way to me personally since I'm not likely to be qualified for a custom title any time this year, if ever. I've never been able to see those glows (whatever they are) that everyone talks about either. :)

The glows were an HTML filter that only worked with Internet Explorer. They've been disabled since vb3.

I agree with you stoffe. It's hard to quantify 'quality posts'.

One thing I wish though would be to limit signature size so that it cannot exceed the length of the post. :p

Archived