Home

vB3 = epitome of awsomeness!

Hermie

It took some time, but it's finally here! ^^ I can't put in words how much better the new design is. I especially like the new banners.

Tiny little complaint though: Whats up with the smilies? all the "regular" ones seem to be missing...

Bah, it'll probably work out sooner or later. :)

So, what do you guys think of the design?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The new look is awesome.

I think it will take some time for everyone to adapt, but we'll be fine eventually.

Things are a bit slow for now.

The server is re-indexing all the old posts, and that's what's making everything kind of slow.

Uh, enjoy! :D

Awesome! I'm gone one day for a camping trip, and this happens.

*Humps LF Net Staff in Luv*

I love this color scheme, too, much easier on the eyes! And FireFox displays the message window properly! YAY!

TiE

The server is re-indexing all the old posts, and that's what's making everything kind of slow.

Uh, enjoy! :D

The decision to open the forums tonight, before the search re-indexing was finished was easy. It's probably going to take about a day longer to finish indexing, so it was better to start as soon as possible (about 3-4:00 this afternoon).

In the meantime, here's hoping the pretty design will distract you from the temporary slowness.

While I applaud the hard work of the admins, the change isn't excactly benefiting me personally so far. Basically, I had to scrap my changing sig (and the one I made for mike) because the forums don't alternate colors any more. Then I tried my other sig, which got me a pm from kurgan telling me it was too big. Then I had to optimise my old sig which I had for months to make it under 50k, which is what kurgan told me to have it as. Plus the slowness. >_>

... So yeah, maybe it'll take me awhile to get the full infuence of the switch to vb3.

Btw, are the avatars any bigger now? I can't tell, I don't see the avatar uploading thing.

hmmm.... I enjoyed the rustic old skoolness of the vb2. Ah well, change is good :)

*rushes over to see whats happenned to his belove EU forum/Cantina*

Like IG, I also want to know about Av sizes. Ive been on 'change avatar' screen in teh cp but cant even see a prompt too upload a new custom one, just the option to delete it...

I guess there are other 'schemes' we can use too ??

*goes to find out*

mtfbwya

yes, the reply button ! do we need to scroll down to the bottom *every time*(even for quick reply) or am I missing it somewhere in the body of our posts..???

i'm old, plz help me ;)

mtfbwya

It's the "Reply to this thread" button. It's the second of the four horizontal buttons right above the quick reply box.

As to the new design...it's scary. :(

It's the "Reply to this thread" button. It's the second of the four horizontal buttons right above the quick reply box.

As to the new design...it's scary. :(

yeah, I know that, but it still means we have to scroll down to get there...

ah well...

*goes to try change his av* :D

[edit] nope, still cant see a way to upload a custom avvie

*sigh* the burdens of life :(

mtfbwya

yeah, I know that, but it still means we have to scroll down to get there...

ah well...

*goes to try change his av* :D

[edit] nope, still cant see a way to upload a custom avvie

*sigh* the burdens of life :(

mtfbwya

Yeah, I don't think the custom avatars are added yet. They've done a pretty good job so far, so they'll probably fix it soon.

(Good thing I like my David Bowie avatar. :p)

@Astro: It's also an option at the very top of the page..and underneath every single post is the quick reply button...which brings you to the quick reply panel....

yes, my brain is slowly starting to get used to it :)

Did you notice poor SWforums has been turned poo brown...Im sure they did it on purpose to make me want to have a shower everytime after I go there to check on my areas :(:p

mtfbwya

Archived