Home

Lucasforums' new look. Thoughts?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's slow at the moment because we're re-indexing 1.7 million posts for the search in the new version... it's killing the processor, but we didn't want to keep the forums closed any longer. The re-indexing should be completed in a couple hours and we'll have normal if not faster speed back.

It's slow at the moment because we're re-indexing 1.7 million posts for the search in the new version... it's killing the processor, but we didn't want to keep the forums closed any longer. The re-indexing should be completed in a couple hours and we'll have normal if not faster speed back.
i had a feeling the slowness would be temporary. anyways, great job with the forums. everything has a much more, umm, modern feel to it. to everyone involved with the updates: awesome job guys. :D

the quick reply is really nice, and i like the new olive green colors, however that shade of blue the picked does not go nicely with the olive green at all. don't get me wrong, im a pretty big fan of the color blue, its one of my favories, but this particular shade of is quite jarring when set next to this particular shade of green. other than that i think the new LF is AWESOME

edit: ok, my eyes are starting to adjust now.

Impressive. Most impressive. This will definintely take some getting use too, and as The_Maker pointed out, it'd hard to differentiate between signatures and the actual post...

And I think the width of the of the posting space was decreased? Meh.

But if anything, I'm really liking the new banners at the top! :D

Overall the new boards are a big improvement, I'm no longer getting constantly logged out as soon as I load a new page, and this text editor is vastly better than the old one. :)

But I really hope an alternative color scheme will be made available soon to choose from. The current color scheme is real torture to my eyes, making the forums very difficult to read for me.

A scheme with darker text on a lighter background would be much appreciated, since all this white and yellow on light gray and blue makes my eyes teary when trying to read it. :stick:

I have one teeny-weeny complaint:

The forums index at the bottom of the page is only listing the parent forums and not the sub-forums as it used to. Can someone fix that?

But the good part is that Firefox is having no textbox problems with LF!

I have one teeny-weeny complaint:

The forums index at the bottom of the page is only listing the parent forums and not the sub-forums as it used to. Can someone fix that?

I just verified and this was made intentionally as it seems that it may have contributed to the slowdown of a number of pages in the past.

Also i think now we can have pictures as our signatures which is cool.

We could do that too in the past but there was an option to select in the menu to biew them as pics instead of links.

And don't worry for the smilies, it will be fixed ;)

We could do that too in the past but there was an option to select in the menu to biew them as pics instead of links.

and vice-versa ;)

I've already turned my "images" off in my settings... too much clutter and it's too hard to distinguish from the actual post (and makes load times huff-n-puff).

But the vb3 version does seem to handle the sig images better in the few moments I had it on.. hehehe

Archived