Home

Dark Forces weapons

CortoCG

I bring you a couple of screenshots about some weapon coding I've been working on.

The imperial repeater alt fire mode:

Repeater alt fire mode

The jeron fusion cutter main and alt fire modes:

Jeron main fire mode

Jeron alt fire mode

The mortar gun main fire mode:

Mortar gun fire mode

I'm just working on the weapons code, so that's why you don't see any fancy new DF gfx.

Wow, me likes.

How did you manage to get the four shoots out? any extra tagging on the model?

Its awesome news of course. Im planning to make all weapons from scrach again using 3ds once I get the hand of it. Tech them up alot more.

nice. After seeing what you guys have done already with the weapons thusfar these should turn out great.

Also, I noticed the fusioncutter had some sort of serial number on it. was that from the original? is there a significance to it? just curious...

Wow, me likes.

Its awesome news of course. Im planning to make all weapons from scrach again using 3ds once I get the hand of it. Tech them up alot more.

how long are you going to delay the mod by redoing things that are already made :S. ok i know the answer, the time that be necessary..typical

Wow, me likes.

No extra tagging, the function that calculates the muzzle point, now calculates up to 4 muzzles as offsets of the original muzzle. In MP the muzzle points are hardcoded, they don't use the tag =\.

No extra tagging, the function that calculates the muzzle point, now calculates up to 4 muzzles as offsets of the original muzzle. In MP the muzzle points are hardcoded, they don't use the tag =\.

I see, well thats unexpected..

how long are you going to delay the mod by redoing things that are already made :S. ok i know the answer, the time that be necessary..typical

Now you catching up :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm. I don't know how to say it but the mortar gun looks... flat. Not sure

how else to describe it. Great work on the repeater and fusion cutter, though. They're both frickin' sweet!!!

EDIT: I think it's the yellow patterns that throw it off. Everything else looks good, especially the modeled rivets/bolts.

Yeah might make the mortar gun a lil more big and bulgy. Needs nice humongous explosions like the ones in DF too :D Other than that it looks great so far.

As an aside, my favorite thing about the concussion rifle was that it could blast 8 guys at once...is this possible in JA MP?

Archived