Home

New Indy Movie

Aristotle

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the latest thing i've heard is GL finally approved a script for it. then it was passed on to Harrison Ford to see whether he is happy with it. that was a few weeks back and i haven't heard or read anything else, so i assume Harrison was happy with it.

This just in ;)

I've been following this movie intently for quite some time now. Definately over a year. Around the release of the DVDs I think. Wasn't that Oct 2003 or so? I remember hearing rumors of this movie back in the mid '90s and it's amazing it's yet to come. It'll be quite a thing when it finally does arrive. I hope it's as good as ToD at the very least.

If you remember though, the immortality was limited to the boundaries of the temple... ergo: "Don't cross the seal"...so now he's just a 'normal' super-adventurer ;)

@Lion54 (below)

yah, these forum colors aren't very forgiving with dark transparencies... or sig colors :xp:

^^^^^

What he said. (dude, your avatar REALLY, stands out here)

Anyway, IMDB still has the movie as announced. The only actor listed is Harrison Ford, and Spielberg as the director.

I could have sworn I heard from a confirmed source that Sean Connery was going to reprise his role. I really hope he does, but according to Katarn07's link, it's not looking good.

Ah, well.

Edit: I didn't even notice you're sig untill just now. It dissapeared!

I don't want Connery to be in it. I also don't want any of the same women in it. There was a confirmation Kate Capshaw would be in it. If any of the women were to return, it should most definately be Marion. I could go either way with Sallah. I love the character, but I could do without him if it makes the movie different. Definately could do without Shorty. Also I want to see Marcus's infamous museum and some sorta reference/ tribute to the guy.

These sound like pretty big demands, but the reason I feel this way is I fear if all this stuff from the other movies appear, the movie won't feel as original as the other three are. ToD was great, despite what many feel. It was so different from the original and I feel in a good way. LC is so well loved not just for Connery, but it was a return to the classic Indy we saw in RotLA. Christian artifact, Nazis, deserts, him being a professor at the college, Sallah, Marcus etc.

- First Post -

I've been waiting for this flick since 1989. There have been times when I felt that we were close, only to have the floor drop out from under us. If it's not going to be made right and return us to the standards of "Raiders..." or at least have a good story, then I hope they don't bother.

Oh my God, if it isn't Renderking Fisk himself. I'm not sure you remember me, but I visited the Raven once in a while. Lao Che was my first av, I changed it to Deitrich because Nazis are so much cooler than Asian Mobsters :p. Wasn't an active community member or anything, just posted about collecting, video games, and the occasional Indy 4 rumor. What ever happened to that place? The Raider and Raven just disappeared one day :confused:

And don't get me wrong, Connery is awesome. I don't know him as Bond, I know him as Indy's dad. I just want something different than what they've done and for it to be good.

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
This might be old news. Harrison was on Ellen a few weeks back. She questioned him about Indiana Jones. He said everyone was working on the script. The eposide felt very recent. Crossing fingers.

Welcome to the Forums Darth Reign. Yeah, Marcus' actor did die of AIDS in 1992, the year I was born in. Shame, since he was very funny in The Last Crusade. I hope Lucas doesn't recast him, since I think we should leave his character to rest in peace. Oh and Connery is good in Bond too.

Welcome to the Forums Darth Reign. Yeah, Marcus' actor did die of AIDS in 1992, the year I was born in. Shame, since he was very funny in The Last Crusade. I hope Lucas doesn't recast him, since I think we should leave his character to rest in peace. Oh and Connery is good in Bond too.

That is a shame. I really liked the actor. Too bad. I would have like to have seen him in Indiana 4.

I would doubt that they would re-created Marcus. Though, according to IMDb, Natalie Portman may be in it. :naughty: I hope they do start the filming and get it done. And making it a decent film in the process.

Ford is not getting younger. I read a rumor that the story will be around Indy's brother. I am unsure if it is true.

Don't get your hopes up about this movie. As much I would love to see Indy in action one more time it seems it may be stuck in the mud again.

Frank Darabont is writing the script. He recently said that Steven Spielberg loved his script but George Lucas said no.

http://www.imdb.com/news/sb/2006-11-08

What? Someone made a better script than George could come up with? George the man, what are you thinking?

• 1 month later...

LucasFilm has officially announced the next Indiana Jones movie will start production in June of this year and is expected to be released in theaters in May 2008. Spielberg is directing, Frank Marshall is producing, and George Lucas will be an executive producer. And of course Harrison Ford is returning as well. ;)

The movie's script is being furnished by David Koepp.

The World's Favorite Action Hero is Back! Indiana Jones to Start Production in 2007

That's great news cutmeister. I'm looking foward to the movie. Let's hope Lucas doesn't do anything to make it worse than the previous three movies. Yes, I was one of those people who preferred Temple of Doom to the Raiders of the Lost Art. Last Crusade beats them both though.

...This really has nothing to do with the movie, but this is a great thread...just because it starts a year and a half ago...but yes, this is grand news...unfortunately...(as I just read)...Marcus will not be joining the crew again...which is actually really sad...but overall...good news...

Archived