Home

How do you add excitement to a quiet forum?

Thrik

With a desktop thread, of course! This is an oppertunity for you to all show off the interfaces that you work with. The imagery that you backdrop your landscape of a workstation with. The works of wonder that adorn your computer wallpaper. Just try to use thumbnails and link to full size images if possible so we don't end up with the forums being stretched a few kilometres out of shape. 400x400 should be a reasonable maximum image size for within the thread itself. :¬:

desktop01082005thumb.jpg

The best desktop setup gets a special prize.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rays_wp_t.png

What can I say..? I switched to another distribution and have no "new" desktop-whatever-thing yet, it's all plain KDE standard. You might not believe it, but the sketch says it all. I'll probably give Enlightenment a try, too, so some buttons and such things I outlined could possibly change ^^.

Since I'm about to decide wether to switch filesystem and also still hacking on Wine (I can see the excellent Psychonauts (DEMO) loading screen, without having a pixelshader ^^;), maybe I'll have my custom-themed desktop completed in .. err .. let's say another 5000 kind-of-this-one threads.

Ain't that something? Having seen the draft, overwhelming anticipation surely fills your pants already.

Oh man. I have two iTunes shortcuts. The shame! The embarassment! Especially since I'm winamp through and through! I also feel like an outcast, in not thumbnailing or opting for the seemingly trendy png file format.

Remi, you need to post your real desktop and stop pretending to be a Mac-man. ;)

Tis fairly large so it's in thumbnail veiw, you are obligated to click the tumbnail

may as well just throw in, I'm using XP (Dont' start the debate) with... some theme using StyleXP, can't remember the name of it. I made the background myself (the image on the right was made for a different reason, i just pasted it on here) and the taskbar is slightly transparent to faintly show the Neil Joshi logo at the bottom (though you can't see it because of the programs running)

I'm not a fan of cluttering my desktop, as you can see, my quick-launch sorts me out for most of the things I use daily.

I am the anti-Neil. I try to keep my desktop as clean as possible and end up with this:

desktop_2005-08-01sm.png

I obviously need quick access to my stuff. Third row of icons is folders with shortcuts to installed games, sorted into genres. Next row are the current demos.

The toolbar "current games" is a little misleading since there are some games I started a long time ago and never got into.

There you go. Probably the most boring desktop so far...

• 2 months later...

Archived