Home

An idea...

Darth Windu

Yes, I know I have lots of them, and I know not all of them are good. Anyway, the idea here is one I have been thinking about for a while.

So, here goes - if you manage to capture an enemy unit, say a Star Destroyer (if you are playing as the Rebels), should you have the ability to dismantle it to learn its secrets? Through this, you would gain attack nonuses against (because you know ehere its weak points are) and small defense bonuses (because you know ehere to stay away from...the most).

This doesnt mean that that unit would be useless against you, but you would get a slight advantage.

Thoughts?

Hmmm. It's an interesting concept but what good would it do you? I mean, would you be able to target more critical subsytems or something?

And wouldn't it be a bit easy to do it early in the campaign and then the Rebels have an advantage for almost all the game?

Hmm... it would be an interesting thing but i think it would take away from the actual battle experience as most people wouldn't fiht but just try to take over the SD or something else. I'd say nay, unless they could intergrate it to only happen if you have a highly upgraded vessel or person

FroZ - where did you get that idea? By capture, I mean capture - ie, you take complete control of the vessel.

BeBop - perhaps, but it would be only a small advantage and I don't think capturing an ISD would be all that easy.

fuzzy - not really, because after you've captured one, you always have that advantage, so capturing more only adds them as units, but don't give you any bonuses.

I'm with Froz.

Taking over a Star Destroyer, in which resides a whole Stormtrooper division is no easy task.

It does sound more like an Imperial ability but how often will you catch a lone starship?

It distracts you away from the main battle.

Capturing Space stations maybe, but not Star Destroyers.

I'm with Froz.

Taking over a Star Destroyer, in which resides a whole Stormtrooper division is no easy task.

It does sound more like an Imperial ability but how often will you catch a lone starship?

It distracts you away from the main battle.

Capturing Space stations maybe, but not Star Destroyers.

What about when the Stormtrooper division is currently on the planet trying to take over the rebel base?

Well, let's see, the integraton of capturing a base or a vessel. I still say it wouldn't work well unless it's used for an upgraded character. Say that you are a smuggler and you are bonused and leveled up fully, then maybe you can do it, C+C Generals style. Or how bout having it like a superweapon powerup for one side, a hack sorta thing, i dunno. But for new, i'm not sure

Yeah a bit on the complicated side, It would be impractical because the Rebels would not have the man power and the rebels have such a diverse fleet I don't think the Imperials would benefit too much.

Archived