Home

Those terrible games...

Darth Groovy

I've never palyed Contracts, but I think you people handled it wrong. You see, in hitman 2, if you put on a costume, you could easily walk by people. But if you run, or pull a weapon, people start getting suspicions.

Of course, when you put on a guard uniform, you can carry a gun. Usually, there were also options for smugglings guns past checkpoints and the like. You had to explore the area and check out all possibilities before moving in for the kill.

Did they leave that at all out in contracts? Then i'd say you're right, and it is a bad game.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did they leave that at all out in contracts? Then i'd say you're right, and it is a bad game.

We both played Hitman 2, and liked it, and liked the stealth aspects, which is why we were so disappointed in contracts. It doesn't matter how sneaky you are, how calmly you walk, it is almost impossible for somebody to not recognize that you aren't who you say you are.

It's bad.

Rebel Assualt II anyone?

Good conscept...it combined three different styles of gameplay. Target shooting, first person shooting, and flying.

Problem with that game is you can fly through the whole game and beat it on HARD in about 2-4 hours. And the acting is so bad....it's laughable at best.

- Yeah, the rebel assault games WERE pretty rubbish... and they looked sooo pretty in the screenshots too

(and while we are at it, lets include Rebel Assault 3D, or Rebel Strike as is is better known. Only worth it for the 80s starwars arcade game extras.)

- Can't believe i forgot Force Commander. Boy i was excited about that. Boy it sucked. I especially liked the interface that looked like something designed by an 8 year old with photoshop. (or maybe MS paint)

I loved force commanders storyline though. It was a good story... Two brothers joining the empire to avenge their dead father. They realise that the Empire had been lying about their father's death and soon after the one brother is informed the other died on a mission. After almost being forced to slaughter innocent people he defected to the rebels and got revenge on the general who ruined his life.

Yeah, the graphics sucked, and the gameplay was glitchy (oh how I hated waiting for the AT-AT to realise it can't walk through an ATPT!) And then the overpowered Anti-Aircraft (no plane could stand a chance. 3 hits with almost 100% accuracy and your down.) How could one gun take down a whole fleet of ships?

Rebel Strike was decent. I borrowed that from a friend. Yoda said "Two times press the jump button, and double jump you can with the force!" Lol. Ship battles were ok, with really cool graphics, while ground battles sucked. Consoles can manage moving mouths, and I hated how you looked at the back of luke's head while he was talking just to make up for the fact that his mouth doesn't move.

Good conscept...it combined three different styles of gameplay. Target shooting, first person shooting, and flying.

Problem with that game is you can fly through the whole game and beat it on HARD in about 2-4 hours. And the acting is so bad....it's laughable at best.

The storyline was just as bad, we laughed for hours how the developers thought we would say "WHOA! The MILLENNIUM FALCON PARKED IN AN IMPERIAL BASE! Forget Han, I'm just going to jump in and fly away!" The base magically transforms into a one million mile long deathstar reactor looking hallway (Think about the falcon's speed and to fly though a base that fast, and take that long it would have to be huge.... miles long) Rebel Assault 2 is probably the suckiest star wars game... I have ever played, maybe even the worste star wars game ever made.

The storyline was just as bad, we laughed for hours how the developers thought we would say "WHOA! The MILLENNIUM FALCON PARKED IN AN IMPERIAL BASE! Forget Han, I'm just going to jump in and fly away!" The base magically transforms into a one million mile long deathstar reactor looking hallway (Think about the falcon's speed and to fly though a base that fast, and take that long it would have to be huge.... miles long) Rebel Assault 2 is probably the suckiest star wars game... I have ever played, maybe even the worste star wars game ever made.

Well, I liked it. :p

I liked the asteriod field level, big planet with a metal ring level, speeder bike level, and the final level >_>

TiE

I played Rebel Assault 2 on PSX at a friend's house. I enjoyed the cinematics and the props, but the acting and story did suck. Gameplay wasn't that great. I had already played XWA before then and we all know that that game is far superior.

I'd agree it is the worst SW game I've played. And this coming from someone who has played Yoda Stories. I actually liked that game and would love to get a copy of it again along with the Indy equivilent....

Ghost Recon (pc, ps2, xbox, gamecube, xbox)

The year this thing came out, every gameing magazine hyped this thing up worse than the Star Wars prequals. The big thing was graphics, and realism.

What I got was a game that is just so difficult to play that it is virtually unplayable. Clearly, this game was made for the pc minded mature shooters, but also ushered in another classification of games that I just hate, Enter the "tactical shooter".

We already knew that Ghost Recon was not designed to be "run and gun" type shooter, but here is a short explanation of what playing Ghost Recon is like. First of all, you have this rediculous interface, in which you tell your sqaud what to do and where to go....sounds like fun, but it requires so much consentration and patience to execute, that the fun is over by the time you figure out what to do next. You spend most of your time fighting the freaking interface, rather than fighting any real terrorist threat. The excitement is minimal, probably less excitement than you would find on a paintball survival ranch....only that is easier, because you don't have to fight the interface. Then there is the multiplayer. Most of the time, you are going to spend sitting on a hill looking through a sniper scope, waiting for something exciting to happen. If you have as little patience as me, leave this game alone.

Score: 29% (for graphics only)

Sorry Grooves, but I strongly disagree. Ghost Recon was a FANTASTIC game. The excitement and tension doesn't come from massive explosions or overpowered guns, it comes from using your mind and tactics to defeat the opponent, not how fast you can move the index finger.

I'll side with you (a little) on the interface part, but it's not like you were forced to use it in order to play the game (just use the keyboard to switch btwn and manually control each fireteam). Really

WRT my vote for bad games, it would probably be Diablo II. Addictive, yes, but what a phenomenal waste of time.

Yeah, well, XWA ending got screwed up too. Ahh yeah, I remember I took out a SSD single handedly, in that level where your supposed to run from it :D (Not at the end, like in the middle of the game) Vader had an early death, lol. Of course, since your not supposed to destroy it it comes back later in the game.

I remember how I anticipated Superman 64. And the crushing disappointment that came after.

A game that also disappointed me greatly was Emperor's tomb. I kept hearing about how great it was, and how it was a return to form for the indy games, I was disappointed. It was a decent game, but I was disappointed.

And I agree that Myst is a bad game. The puzzles sometimes make no sense at all, the story + acting suck, I'd much rather pop in a LEC adventure game.

Chamaleon Twist for n64 (the name was like that) i bought it for 5 bucks and its the most boring and stupid game i've ever played. Another one, Rugrats for game boy..i didn't buy it, it was a present for christmas..total boring.

Also i didn't like that much NFSU, after the first 10 races it was all the same again and again, and when you crash and the view changes you can see that while your car is moving in slow motion the others are just normal and i get like wtf?? ¬¬

Archived